The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Agree.

Watching the teasers, I felt I was watching rehearsals of RIT, CT or MDNA.

There is no doubt she will deliver a brilliant show (not counting S&S), but crosses, cage on stage, nuns, sex and religion, latino culture... How many times she will say "I don't like to repeat myself"?

All these themes fit the songs on RH, but there are many themes and cultures, she didn't explore.

I guess by now she has fav themes that she likes to use at a live show. The other overdone concept is the "cabaret" but I guess we won't have that on this tour. Oh and of course acoustic stuff that we might get more than usual due to the abundance of ballads on Rebel Heart.

Agree.

Watching the teasers, I felt I was watching rehearsals of RIT, CT or MDNA.

There is no doubt she will deliver a brilliant show (not counting S&S), but crosses, cage on stage, nuns, sex and religion, latino culture... How many times she will say "I don't like to repeat myself"?

All these themes fit the songs on RH, but there are many themes and cultures, she didn't explore.

I know !!

But I guess we can be happy she is not performing that offul song spanish lesson..

anyway, my sources are not telling me anything since I started the topic about VMA 2015.. :(

I DO NOT LIKE:

CONIC

UNPOLEGETIC BITCH

LA ISLA BONITA (I like the song but do not wan it on this tour)

I LIKE AND I LOOK FORWRD TO SEE AND DANCE TO;

WHO'S THAT GIRL

TRUE BLUE

RESCUE ME

I actually don't care if she uses ideas from the past, I just hope it's all connected. I'm happy with the rumours that the concert will show the stages of "love", it sounds like it's being well put together.

I really miss a concept show. I know Madonna is not anymore that Kylie type of artist to give us an Aphrodite-themed tour (e.g.), but S&S and MDNA just looked like songs thrown together. Up to the Confessions Tour we had cohesive concerts and "acts" with an idea through it all.

Anyway. Waiting... just waiting...

I actually don't care if she uses ideas from the past, I just hope it's all connected. I'm happy with the rumours that the concert will show the stages of "love", it sounds like it's being well put together.

I really miss a concept show. I know Madonna is not anymore that Kylie type of artist to give us an Aphrodite-themed tour (e.g.), but S&S and MDNA just looked like songs thrown together. Up to the Confessions Tour we had cohesive concerts and "acts" with an idea through it all.

Anyway. Waiting... just waiting...

Re-Invention Tour had absolutely no concept and of all her tours it's the only one I'd call as "thrown together".

TBH Madonna re-using concepts like religion, hispanic and cabaret stuff does remind me of Kylie's tours, she also has a few concepts that she likes to do at a show...

Yes I am serious, compared to DWT or CT it was just songs thrown together, half of the costumes were "nods to past eras" as confirmed by Jamie King and Arianne Phillips, the setlist was way focused on represeting every single Madonna era without any actual concept.

Yes I am serious, compared to DWT or CT it was just songs thrown together, half of the costumes were "nods to past eras" as confirmed by Jamie King and Arianne Phillips, the setlist was way focused on represeting every single Madonna era without any actual concept.

The name of the tour is "Re-Invention Tour", that's pretty straight forward. Of course things were a nod to the past, but at the same time it was completely different. It felt like the concepts had weird-juxtapositions. For example the first section mostly, felt like an art installation coupled with high fashion. Imho probably the finest thing she's ever done live.

The name of the tour is "Re-Invention Tour", that's pretty straight forward. Of course things were a nod to the past, but at the same time it was completely different. It felt like the concepts had weird-juxtapositions. For example the first section mostly, felt like an art installation coupled with high fashion. Imho probably the finest thing she's ever done live.

Guess we can agree to disagree. :) To me the first section was a rehash of VMA 1990, out of all the ways Vogue could be performed, she chose Louis XVI style again, not to mention the straightforward album version of Frozen which had nothing to do with "re-invention".

half of the costumes were "nods to past eras" as confirmed by Jamie King and Arianne Phillips, the setlist was way focused on represeting every single Madonna era

Yeah... that's the concept  :Madonna032:

- 1st act brought back the corset from BAT and the Renaissance theme from the VMA's: both re-invented;

- 2nd act brought back oldies, not only EY but Material Girl and Burning Up (since the VT): both re-invented on the guitar;

- 3rd act brought back the corset from BAT's Hanky Panky plus DAD and the circus theme from GS: all re-invented;

- The backdrop video for Bedtime Story brought back the box from Human Nature: re-invented;

- 4th act was the merge between the recent acoustic/country Madonna from DWT with the AL Madonna

- 5th act brought back more oldies: Papa, CFY (also since the VT) and the new Hollywood ITG: re-invented.

I don't think that's something people can "agree" or "disagree".

You can like it or dislike it, but the concept of the re-invention is pretty clear all through the show.

Yeah... that's the concept  :Madonna032:

- 1st act brought back the corset from BAT and the Renaissance theme from the VMA's: both re-invented;

- 2nd act brought back oldies, not only EY but Material Girl and Burning Up (since the VT): both re-invented on the guitar;

- 3rd act brought back the corset from BAT's Hanky Panky plus DAD and the circus theme from GS: all re-invented;

- The backdrop video for Bedtime Story brought back the box from Human Nature: re-invented;

- 4th act was the merge between the recent acoustic/country Madonna from DWT with the AL Madonna

- 5th act brought back more oldies: Papa, CFY (also since the VT) and the new Hollywood ITG: re-invented.

I don't think that's something people can "agree" or "disagree".

You can like it or dislike it, but the concept of the re-invention is pretty clear all through the show.

Definitely my favourite part of the show, you don't have to think that much about its concept or half-assed hidden meaning behind it all... It's just a bunch of good songs accompanied by heartfelt performances :)

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour Continues To Sell Incredibly Well
 July 30, 2015
Madonna may not hit the road until September, but her Rebel Heart Tour continues to sell tickets at a feverish pace. In early July, tickets for her first tour in nearly 23 years went on sale in Australia, and most of the cheaper tickets sold out instantly, according to Forbes.

“Tickets for the Australian/New Zealand leg of the tour went on sale this morning at 10 AM, and tickets are moving quickly – the cheapest available seats sold out in just minutes.â€

The only seats that remain for Madonna’s six shows in Australia and two in New Zealand are the very expensive ones. The Rebel Heart Tour shows appears to be 90 to 95 percent sold out, even though the dates are seven months away. But Australia is not the only place where Madonna is selling very well.

On Monday, tickets for Madonna’s first show in the Philippines went on sale. Despite ticket prices averaging $500 or more, the Rebel Heart Tour sold enough tickets for a second one to be added. Rappler has the news.

“Filipino fans of Madonna will have not one but two chances to see her perform live in Manila. A second date has been added to the Manila leg of her world tour. On Instagram, Music Management International (MMILive) announced that due to demand, Madonna will hold a second day of her concert on February 25 at the Mall of Asia Arena.â€

In North America, Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour added secondary shows in the following cities due to high ticket demand: Montreal, New York City, Toronto, Edmonton, Miami, and San Juan. In Europe, she added shows in several markets, as well. The Rebel Heart Tour appears to be on its way to becoming another record-breaking tour for Madonna. She recently released two clips of tour rehearsals.

Meanwhile, while her Rebel Heart Tour may be a major success, the Tidal streaming service that Madonna is involved with definitely isn’t. Still, Billboard quotes the Queen of Pop’s enthusiasm for the service.

“It’s just the beginning, so we’re working out a lot of kinks and hopefully we’re going to build something unique and amazing that’s going to attract a lot of people.â€

Madonna goes on to note that in today’s society, everybody wants things for free. However, she believes artists should be compensated for their work, which is why Tidal exists. The problem has been that Tidal is perceived to charge a lot more than other streaming services. It doesn’t help that top executives are leaving the service quicker than a ray of light. But long after Tidal is gone, Madonna will still be here.