The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

I will be honest, when I saw some of the clips I was not so impressed by her opening on the stage in a cage I found it like MDNA tour in different concept, even the remixes weren't so good, the teaser on instagram looked like a horror movie trailer. But who knows it may still be very early and I may start loving this tour later.

There is still one thing we don't know. This show looks very different than all her previous ones, it dedicates much more time to the music in her simpler form: voice and guitar (or ukulele  :wink:). 

Now I think there can still be a chance we're going to have different (old and new) songs during the proceeding of the tour, from Ghosttown to Take a Bow, from Don't Tell Me to Joan of Arc, something from American Life even (I mean after the latino version of Lucky Star...).

Now of course this is just a dream, but I think it can be a possibility with a show like this and it would be something new for us, right? 

There is still one thing we don't know. This show looks very different than all her previous ones, it dedicates much more time to the music in her simpler form: voice and guitar (or ukulele  :wink:). 

Now I think there can still be a chance we're going to have different old (maybe also new) songs during the proceeding of the tour, from Ghosttown to Take a Bow, from Don't Tell Me to Joan of Arc, or something from American Life even (I mean after the latino version of Lucky Star...).

Now of course this is just a dream, but I think it can be a possibility with a show like this and it would be something new for us, right? 

there's a possibility

for the mdna tour she performed holiday, music, spanish lesson, love spent, give it 2 me, everybody, don't cry..

I think that setlist will change in the future :)

I am just utterly shocked (and depressed) that Ghosttown didn't make the cut, especially after she has said that it's her favorite song from RH. 

My initial impressions: It seems like odd placing in the setlist for BIM --I think the song has taken on a life of it's own and would have more of a big moment to go with it, if that makes sense. Maybe be the first song in the section or opening number? It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle along with LFL. 

The number of "oldies but goodies" was amazing! 

Do we think she will bring a real fan up on stage every night in the place where Diplo came up?

Honestly? I wasn't blown away while watching on Periscope. But, then again, I was watching on Periscope. I think once I see it for real in person next week I will have a completely different and positive opinion. Looking forward to my bitch, Madonna at MSG & Barclays!

I think they shouldn't have talked so much about how absolutely incredible the show would be and compare it with DWT (I mean, doesn't matter which tour they would have compared it with) because that will get people's expectations up like crazy and then a few will be disappointed. But that happens anyway, I guess.

I wish Madonna got a fan on stage in every concert. It hasn't happened since the Blond Ambition Tour with a kid I think.

No, I wouldn't want this.  I'm not paying over $3 a minute to watch some random fan.  :Madonna002:

I think Madonna is Madonna for not doing such things :Madonna052:

there's always a first time for everything  :smokey:

*swallowing my words*  :Madonna033:

I think they shouldn't have talked so much about how absolutely incredible the show would be and compare it with DWT (I mean, doesn't matter which tour they would have compared it with) because that will get people's expectations up like crazy and then a few will be disappointed. But that happens anyway, I guess.

Yes very good point! I think it's a great show and I love it but to be really frank....not sure what they've been doing for 5 months lol she barely does any dance moves lol

Yes very good point! I think it's a great show and I love it but to be really frank....not sure what they've been doing for 5 months lol she barely does any dance moves lol

part of me is like "shes aging she doesnt wanna get sick from exhaustion blah blah" but part of me is like "fire this coreographer already". Some of the coreos should be more memorable. You dont have to do something high energy to do something thats intricate and interesting, look at Vogue at the VMAs.

part of me is like "shes aging she doesnt wanna get sick from exhaustion blah blah" but part of me is like "fire this coreographer already".

Well yea...there was all this 'hype' that Jamie King was back on board so I expected this high energy, high impact, upbeat show - not dissing this show at all - it's just that my expectation was not as it was - we have a very downtempo gig. 

My favourite parts have been the parts where she's sitting down and singing, or doing some freestyle dance (or at least feels like it) during Like A Virgin. The coreography parts that i've seen have let me down. 

Of course I've yet to see D&D, Candy Shop and Music properly. I think the last section is the biggest and best section.

Okay I just keep thinking about it and it's bugging me in my head all the time and I feel guilty for feeling this way even though it's entirely opinion. The reason I dislike S&S is because I find it very ugly, and there isn't really any flow from the album to the sections (visually) and I feel the same about RHT I think : I didn't really have the expectations because I never found Hard Candy to be spectacular at the time. But Rebel Heart is such a strong album with a distinct sound, a vibe, and direction with image. And I really don't see any of it reflected in the tour aside from the matador outfit. 

Okay I just keep thinking about it and it's bugging me in my head all the time and I feel guilty for feeling this way even though it's entirely opinion. The reason I dislike S&S is because I find it very ugly, and there isn't really any flow from the album to the sections (visually) and I feel the same about RHT I think : I didn't really have the expectations because I never found Hard Candy to be spectacular at the time. But Rebel Heart is such a strong album with a distinct sound, a vibe, and direction with image. And I really don't see any of it reflected in the tour aside from the matador outfit. 

I'm really missing a cliche party section with Bitch I'm Madonna, thats totally colorful and crazy. 

I think I prefer S&S as a tour. Back then I didn't like it very much, compared to Confessions Tour, but I grew to love it. Candy Shop performed on RHT is giving me S&S throwback cos its the same version so I like that for that reason lol

I'm really missing a cliche party section with Bitch I'm Madonna, thats totally colorful and crazy. 

I think I prefer S&S as a tour. Back then I didn't like it very much, compared to Confessions Tour, but I grew to love it. Candy Shop performed on RHT is giving me S&S throwback cos its the same version so I like that for that reason lol

The more I see of RHT the more it actually reminds me of Girlie Show, a lot of not really making sense in my head and kinda messy but in a charming way

Maybe she had to tighten the purse strings after using up most of her Live Nation payment on other tours?

There's a certain Madonna quality that seems to be lacking, and the slightly lacklustre performances by her are evident to me. There are also some wierd setlist transitions. For instance - La Vie En Rose into Unapologetic Bitch...

I think you can be grateful and still critique. I think we each won't truly know how we feel about the tour until we see it in person/or DVD, not to mention with some time and hindsight which the past tours have had the privelage of.