The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

I can't figure out if anyone commenting here has attended a show yet... Everything seems based on clips on YouTube. I attended 2 shows so far. It's amazing. There was less vocal backing tracks last night in DC than night 2 in Montreal; but she is singing live. Her humor and her energy are infectious and the entire arena is responsive. This is a truly unique experience for both her die-hard fans and the general public. It's what a first time Madonna live experience SHOULD be, and it's, for me as a long-time concert going die hard: Fun. Don't be disappointed until you walk out of the arena without a smile on your face. I don't think it'll happen.

It's what a first time Madonna live experience SHOULD be, and it's, for me as a long-time concert going die hard: Fun.

this gave me hope. the Rebel Heart Tour will be my third M tour in a row, but i'm taking a friend with me this time, and it's gonna be their first time seeing her! I'm so excited now!

(it's easier to about the most spoilers i can for 3 months instead of 7, like on The MDNA Tour)

I can't figure out if anyone commenting here has attended a show yet... Everything seems based on clips on YouTube.

I attended 2 shows so far. It's amazing. There was less vocal backing tracks last night in DC than night 2 in Montreal; but she is singing live. Her humor and her energy are infectious and the entire arena is responsive.

This is a truly unique experience for both her die-hard fans and the general public. It's what a first time Madonna live experience SHOULD be, and it's, for me as a long-time concert going die hard: Fun.

Don't be disappointed until you walk out of the arena without a smile on your face. I don't think it'll happen.

This is what I gather from the fans who have seen the show LIVE: 

The show MUST be seen live, in person. Watching online, reading about it and seeing photos really don't do it justice!!! The show is breathtaking, intimate and her ukulele moments are pure magic and vulnerability.

Would luv to read your review @ http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/4278-m-infinity-reviews-the-rebel-heart-tour/  :)

"The happiest I’ve ever seen her onstage. Relaxed, confident and dare I say thankful and grateful to the fans. She sounded phenomenal. The classic hits were done in such a fresh way, without losing the core charm of what made them classic. Costumes were beautiful. 'True Blue,' 'Like a Virgin' and 'Material Girl' were highlights. And when she sang 'La Vie en Rose,' the crowd went nuts and gave her a standing ovation. She is unstoppable."Posted Image

i've been watching more and more videos from the tour and it's growing on me, i really like it and she looks so happy that it makes my heart melt. i wish i could see it live tho. and i agree with groovy, seeing it live is a whole different thing than just seeing videos.

If you're going to a show at some point during the tour, just stop watching YouTube. In Typical Madonna fashion, this isn't and "episodes" type of viewing experience. There's just so much flow and seamlessness that watching a shitty iPhone shaky video on YouTube, or piecing together the show via 1-2min clips isn't doing the show, or your viewing pleasure of it, any favors by taking all the impact of these moments away. If you're not seeing a show at all, just wait until someone uploads a full-show recording, which may be pretty soon...

....also, the live feed video of the screens are literally broadcast-ready. I would not be surprised if this show makes a triumphant return to HBO. And if that's the casethose that can't see this in person are going to flip the fuck out when you see an uninterrupted HD broadcast. Anyone that isn't a fan of her 80's music, or are too young to appreciate those songs will hopefully get the necessity for these songs in the setlist. Not because they're "cute", but because there is a distinct celebration by Madonna of her past and how it's brought her to this point. Nostalgia is one thing, but this show really feels like she's "going there" willingly and with warm affection of that girl the world fell in love with all those years ago. I know some of you are younger fans, or hopped on the bus at a later point in her career- and that's great- but just keep an open mind that some of these older songs, relate directly to the newer ones. And it's obvious that she's elated to revisit these little magic moments of her past and let them continue to tell her current story. I love dark, brooding, angry Madonna. ...But happy, funny, girlie Madonna is a lot of fun to be around, and HER stories make for a much nicer ride.

Rebel Heart Tour: Madonna Takes the Verizon Center by Storm (review)

http://www.metroweekly.com/2015/09/rebel-heart-tour-madonna-takes-the-verizon-center-by-storm-review/

“I still believe in love — even if Barack Obama didn’t come to my show,†Madonna teased near the end of Saturday night’s concert at the Verizon Center. “Maybe I’m too provocative.†Like all her tours, Rebel Heart had its fair share of provocation, chiefly through repeated sacrilegious references to God and Catholic iconography.

But that’s always been Madonna’s cross to bear (and her bread and butter). This time out it was confined to the opening numbers. If you could look past it, as well as her overuse of war and violent imagery (Madonna is seemingly forever fighting someone, from God and Gaga to Guy and the media), you probably left charmed by the evening.

The Rebel Heart Tour finds Madonna at her happiest and most personable, and also in her best voice. In past tours she seemed to be performing on auto-pilot, but not on Saturday.

Edgy and sassy and unapologetic, Madonna once again proved her predominance in pop performance. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like her new album, even though it accounted for nearly half of the two-hour set. The truth is, few others working in pop today put on such a compelling and sensory-rich, top-notch theatrical production from beginning to end. Madonna makes her concerts feel like celebrations.

Near the concert’s end, Madonna settled, with a guitar, on a raised platform and sang the French classic, “La Vie En Rose†— which she dedicated to Obama — as if she were a bona fide chanteuse. “Everybody sing along!†she cooed playfully. She didn’t need the audience assist, as she perfectly conveyed the emotions of the song. It was just one example of how significantly Madonna’s musicality has improved over the years, even if her music has not.

The most noticeable thing is how happy she looks. You can’t fake happiness. You can’t fake that beaming smile. The press are loving it and reviewers are noting how happy she looks and chatty she is. I love the spontaneous interaction and connection to the audience. The atmosphere is warm and relaxed. It actually makes sense with the show being all about hearts, romance and love yet with a bit of her playful rebel side thrown in. I think that a lot of people will appreciate the show once they see the show live as opposed to viewing the show on periscope and YT since no video can fully capture the full essence of the show. And they will get used to the slower tempo and embrace the warmer atmosphere of the show.

Smiles ans interection is great  :smile: