Here's a thought:

Roy

I think MDNA is pitched up as well, at least on Love Spent, TUTR, GMAYL...gosh can't even remember the other songs on there (not my favorite album).

True Blue seems to be closer to her natural tone than the first two albums where she earned the Minnie Mouse label. By Erotica it was husky, then it changed for Evita and ROL. Hard Candy sounded very nasal if you know what I mean. Then pitched up for MDNA and RH was just far too obviously processed when it didn't need to be.

I don't know why they put so much of that robotic voice. If it's an artistic choice always (I know it is in some cases bc its trendy) or if its for pitch correction. If it's to correct her voice and make it more perfect, there are ways to do it in a more subtle way, the artifacts can be really ugly, especially on ballads.

While I do believe some of her material is pitched up for the effect or perfecting, I also believe that in the studio she can achieve some higher ranges. When she's moving about (especially as she's gotten older) it's easy to see that the need to stay in control of both performing and singing has gone hand in hand. It's easier to sing lower where there's more control and try going high and losing it live. I can go high or low as I wish but I'm sure the older I get, that won't be the case.