The Fans Problem With Madonna

RebelHeARTPOP

the obvious answer is: of course not.

and we could continue this question game forever: 

is anyone who has a negative opinion on something madonna says or does automatically a bad fan or no-fan for that matter?

Also no.

so the questions lead to nowhere.

perhaps we should just accept others opinion. how about that?

as is said before, i don't participate in other forums, so I don't know who those regulars naysayers are supposed to be.

to be honest with you, i have seen one or the other negative post here that did bring up questions for me but most times, i tend to forget about them, as they do not matter to me.

they don't curtail my joy of dealing with madonna one bit.

i don't like to single out people and honestly, i would have huge difficulties if i tried to do that on here with the regular members.

trolls are everywhere, always have been. but as long as we don't feed them, things should be ok.

perhaps it would be good to be a little careful with categorizing people without knowing them. some use the forums just to vent and act out in ways they probably wouldn't in real life. an old story really.

all i'm saying is that labelling someone debbie downer just feeds them and also categorizes them in a bad way. just my thought on this. you don't have to agree with me.

Exactly, I don't even remember people whose opinions do nothing for me, it stays with me for as long as I have the browser open lmao. Why categorize or judge them when they could be acting out for whatever reason? 

I think that lately the fandom has been pretty irrational, but I think they're just acting out with anything they can the fact that she's about to take a break from music to make a film, and other things that we also don't really like. Like I don't really think all the negativity about the live dvd is about the live dvd. So I can't be that annoyed at it cos I get it. I just hope Madonna gets it too, that people sometimes don't know how to articulate things properly and the internet makes it easy to make throwaway comments. No one should take it that seriously.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's great that people have different views, because it would be really boring if we all liked the same thing. What I don't like is the bashing of her. I think she's one of the few artists that has to take a lot of shit from people. She's a strong woman but it must hurt inside, I'm sure. Plus some fans are crazy the way they talk about her. Some people aren't even fans, they just jump on her for any reason. When you read the comments on her Facebook page, some of it is terrible. It's so easy to sit there and write down mean stuff but I would bet if it was eye to eye they wouldn't dare to say anything mean.

not sure this is completely true nowadays.

while i am very aware of sexism everywhere and not only in the entertainment business, i think these slogans have definitely been overused.

If Madonna get a new BoyToy she get bashed for it...always. 

When you are a wrinkeld old male Musician and have a blond,

young an big titty woman...wow what a stallion.

Come on...this is still the truth about the Story!!!

I dont have a problem with her making another film - i think good luck to her - i thought W.E was a lovely film - certainly to look at - Andrea Riseborough was luminous and should have been nominated - the problem with her making a film is that shes doomed before she even gets behind the camera ? the critics are always sharpening their knives - labelling her "box office poison" i think was the comment that always comes to mind - we may even get another good soundtrack song like Masterpiece :)

After the Rebel Heart leaks and poor performance of the album and singles i wouldnt blame her for not wanting to ever make another album - i would love her to work with one producer again( I wonder what Shep, Leonard, Orbit are doing now ? )

It's so easy to sit there and write down mean stuff but I would bet if it was eye to eye they wouldn't dare to say anything mean.

This :thumbsup: I already mentioned that here but it´s normal behavior when you are anonymus behind the screen.

I mentioned that before too, look at what I said about Lionel Richie and his pictures he had taken for the press, everyone applauded him.

the obvious answer is: of course not.

and we could continue this question game forever: 

is anyone who has a negative opinion on something madonna says or does automatically a bad fan or non-fan for that matter?

of course not too, if that would be the case myself and everybody else would be non-fans too, that´s pretty obvious

so the questions lead to nowhere.

It would lead to somewhere if you had asked another question :wink: but it´s OK I get your point and I think/hope you get mine too  :) 

mostly, yes.

but older men are also viewed as the ugly old fart when they walk around with a younger voluptuous woman. it's not like the guy is always viewed as "the king". on the contrary. it's disgusting how people judge it both ways.

of course not too, if that would be the case myself and everybody else would be non-fans too, that´s pretty obvious

It would lead to somewhere if you had asked another question :wink: but it´s OK I get your point and I think/hope you get mine too  :)

i like to think so.  ;)

but we don't have to agree on everything either.

agree to disagree.

i think the lionel richie comment does not completely apply..as i explained before.

some fans just take too much offense in the harsh comments celebs like madonna are facing.

harsh -yes-

surprising? hardly.

it comes with the territory.

as for the bashers, i didn't see much of them here, or rather, they have not had a very long-lasting effect on me (if at all).

the bashers seem to be on the comment-waste-bin places like facebook.

and i refuse to call fans  - who register here, read, post, and who don't agree with everything M is/says/does/releases -  "bashers".

it's almost like censorship. it seems, between the lines, people are told to shut up and keep their view to themselves, just because some fans don't like to hear or read about certain standpoints; implying what a fan should say or do.

wrong in my book.

All I wish Madonna would do is to release a single once a year to keep me happy and do some experimental stuff with The Chainsmokers, people like that

But why? What credibility do these people have? Their music is terrible and they lack talent. No thank you. I'd lose respect for M if she did that. Collaborating with Nicki Minaj twice is bad enough.

EDIT: A lot of these posts are about "Ageist this Ageist that" focus less on what ageism is, focus on how the music changed. Like A Prayer all the way through Confessions were kind of serious albums. They had their fun but they also had their core message. A strong center and a sense of identity. Hard Candy and MDNA lack that and Rebel Heart is starting to find it. Talk about the music not ageism.

THANK YOU.

Totally agree on the thing beginning with "Hard Candy". I think it was her first album with something lacking, call it spirit, soul, approach whatever. It was entertaining, but empty. Then followed "MDNA" which wasn't even entertaining to begin with.

I totally agree with you on this, that's why I enjoyed but didn't like "Hard Candy" and loathed "MDNA" and felt like came back home with "Rebel Heart".

A strong center and a sense of identity. Hard Candy lack that. Talk about the music not ageism.

I completely disagree. Hard Candy has a very strong center.

Give it 2 me - Heartbeat - Miles Away - She´s not me

Fantastic bridge, flows perfectly :heart:

But then again, it comes all down to personal taste in the end.

I completely disagree. Hard Candy has a very strong center.

Give it 2 me - Heartbeat - Miles Away - She´s not me

Fantastic bridge, flows perfectly :heart:

But then again, it comes all down to personal taste in the end.

I have to agree.  She sat down with Pharrell,  Justin and Timbaland and wrote songs. They even had a discussion about the lyrics of "Miles Away" where it was quite a relate-able to many in the room.  She seems quite passionate about "Candy Shop" and wished it was a single. I'm sure if it was completely up to her, she would have released it as the lead single. Even working with Pharell was quite passionate as she stated how there were times it got quite  tense and emotional and he made her cry.  To me, this album has a lot of passion.  Sometimes I wonder if the issue here is who she worked with rather the actual content of this album? Then again, it was a complete flip of what she was doing with the last several albums since it was more of an R&B based album, but she's no stranger to that genre from the beginning of her career.  To me, this album is on par with her first two albums, Erotica and Bedtime Stories. 

Oh I miss "my voice." my sanctuary, my strength, my real feminist, humanist guiding light.

We are being drowned by stupidity, misogyny, wannabes and bullies today. Where's my Madonna when I need her most?

She needs to be needed and she is with people who need her. Her children.

As for the artist Madonna, many fans have all but said they don't need her anymore. Does she not serve their purpose anymore?

EDIT: A lot of these posts are about "Ageist this Ageist that" focus less on what ageism is, focus on how the music changed. Like A Prayer all the way through Confessions were kind of serious albums. They had their fun but they also had their core message. A strong center and a sense of identity. Hard Candy and MDNA lack that and Rebel Heart is starting to find it. Talk about the music not ageism.

This is beautiful 

I have to agree. She sat down with Pharrell, Justin and Timbaland and wrote songs. They even had a discussion about the lyrics of "Miles Away" where it was quite a relate-able to many in the room. She seems quite passionate about "Candy Shop" and wished it was a single. I'm sure if it was completely up to her, she would have released it as the lead single. Even working with Pharell was quite passionate as she stated how there were times it got quite tense and emotional and he made her cry. To me, this album has a lot of passion. Sometimes I wonder if the issue here is who she worked with rather the actual content of this album? Then again, it was a complete flip of what she was doing with the last several albums since it was more of an R&B based album, but she's no stranger to that genre from the beginning of her career. To me, this album is on par with her first two albums, Erotica and Bedtime Stories.

It's not that there was no seriousness in either MDNA or Hard Candy, it's just drowned in the other end of the spectrum. So much candy baby pop that Madonna had seemed to "shed" like a skin. Tracks like Masterpiece, Voices, and Love Spent didn't go unnoticed there is emotional content, there's just too many Spanish Lessons and GMAYL's. Ya dig?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It's not that there was no seriousness in either MDNA or Hard Candy, it's just drowned in the other end of the spectrum. So much candy baby pop that Madonna had seemed to "shed" like a skin. Tracks like Masterpiece, Voices, and Love Spent didn't go unnoticed there is emotional content, there's just too many Spanish Lessons and GMAYL's. Ya dig?

As I said before, that is all a question of personal taste. I don´t have a problem with these songs and understand their purpose. It´s more about what you expect from a pop album or a pop artist in general.

For example, I personally don´t like COAD much because it is too dark, melancholic and preachy for me.

I wouldn´t like a Madonna that is only serious and severe all the time, I like both sides of her.

As I said before, that is all a question of personal taste. I don´t have a problem with these songs and understand their purpose. It´s more about what you expect from a pop album or a pop artist in general.

For example, I personally don´t like COAD much because it is too dark, melancholic and preachy for me.

I wouldn´t like a Madonna that is only serious and severe all the time, I like both sides of her.

That explains EVERYTHING I grew up on metal, Madonna, and Euro Alt rock. It caused me to always have a need to feel out of line. I want to push boundaries, make statements and dance in the dark. It's why Gaga and Madonna are soooooo holy for me. Like when it comes to Ray Of Light, my holy Trinity is Skin, Nothing Really Matters and Frozen. The darker side of the record. There's something beautiful about the deepest darkest sickest parts of Madonna that just CURES me.

For me I don't like standard "pop" Music I like the stuff that at its core is pop but is twisted. It's not that I hate Pop because good God when Express Yourself, Into The Groove and Beautiful Stranger come on you besta BELIEVE that I'm dancin and lipsyncing for my LIIIFE.

I even GET why she made these records. She spent so long in her dark parts that she HAD to loosen up. If she would have stayed in that end she probably would have lost her mind. And also without MDNA I wouldn't have like a bunch of my fave tracks. Addicted, GGW, Gang Bang, I Don't Give A... Etc

I think a lot of what we have issues with, is the things we don't get. Maybe that's my issue. Without leaks and such, we have all this built up tension and expectation when something is about to be released. We wonder what type of music she'll make next, or what the flow of a new album will be, or what songs will be featured on an upcoming DVD, or who will be producing new music, or wether she'll perform at another awards show.... all those things, we build up expectations. And if personally we are let down somewhat, our expectation builds up and we want more. Too much, too soon. 

Of course my beef is the Blond Ambition Tour. Yes of course I would ABSOLUTELY love to have the footage from Truth or Dare released into a full concert film. I don't understand why it hasn't been released, I don't know how after all this time it has been ignored, not talked about, not explained, nothing. However, I have all these recordings, video/audio... and I'm still not happy.

In my old age now (ha), I have begun to accept these things. I think this is why I have absolutely no expectations for the RHT dvd. What I expect and what will be, will ALWAYS be two different things when it comes to Madonna. And I need to cut it out. It makes me anxious, upset, let down... and I hate that feeling. I will ALWAYS protest for BAT dvd... but playfully. Because I know that yelling and whining and asking why... that will get me nowhere.

Can you tell I've had a glass of wine for breakfast?

There's something beautiful about the deepest darkest sickest parts of Madonna that just CURES me.

I love to read that and I don´t begrudge that to you :heart:

That is why I am so happy that Madonna has both sides in her and makes music for all different tastes.

What I don´t like is when she would focus only on one side, no matter what side.

But on all the last albums she showed that she can still do both, so I don´t have a problem with her at all.

I think a lot of what we have issues with, is the things we don't get. Maybe that's my issue. Without leaks and such, we have all this built up tension and expectation when something is about to be released. We wonder what type of music she'll make next, or what the flow of a new album will be, or what songs will be featured on an upcoming DVD, or who will be producing new music, or wether she'll perform at another awards show.... all those things, we build up expectations. And if personally we are let down somewhat, our expectation builds up and we want more. Too much, too soon.

Of course my beef is the Blond Ambition Tour. Yes of course I would ABSOLUTELY love to have the footage from Truth or Dare released into a full concert film. I don't understand why it hasn't been released, I don't know how after all this time it has been ignored, not talked about, not explained, nothing. However, I have all these recordings, video/audio... and I'm still not happy.

In my old age now (ha), I have begun to accept these things. I think this is why I have absolutely no expectations for the RHT dvd. What I expect and what will be, will ALWAYS be two different things when it comes to Madonna. And I need to cut it out. It makes me anxious, upset, let down... and I hate that feeling. I will ALWAYS protest for BAT dvd... but playfully. Because I know that yelling and whining and asking why... that will get me nowhere.

Can you tell I've had a glass of wine for breakfast?

A Gays Motto, when it comes to wine. "A glass a day keeps the pussy away." (;

I like the brainy tracks and I like the fun tracks as long as they're good to her creative standards. But then she has songs that are supposed to be deep or fun that just aren't outstanding, especially the demos which were rightfully kept out of albums.

Music, Hung Up, Bitch I'm Madonna are creative fun tracks that aren't meant to be taken too seriously and she can the best at it. ROL, Music, AL, COADF have deep tracks that are exciting and thoughtful. (her previous albums too but this is my fave period of hers)

Hard Candy has good songs and is a solid album, but I don't know if there's anything that's completely outstanding in it. MDNA is almost an exercise in going by the numbers, except for a little pocket of excellent tracks like Love Spent and Gang Bang. Still love that album but that's because I love her and it was a year of great memories for me.

Thankfully she's found her way back with Rebel Heart but I still wouldn't say it's her new Ray Of Light. It's just not going to happen that you go from MDNA to a new ROL just like that, so I hope she keeps putting the effort in future albums, like for instance, picking at least decent collaborators.