Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Finally Enough Love compilation was a massive hit. She will continue to have hits forever. She’s Madonna. 

In terms of a top 40 radio hit like GAYL, I think she will have more of those in the future once she gets a contract with a record label for NEW music.

We hope ASAP

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

On 6/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, Andreo said:

Ok but Shakira is an iconic veteran in the industry, pretty much like a Britney or a Beyoncé, so a collab with her would be actually iconic and worth the hype. She's also had a new wave of success lately. Bring it! 

Would be amaziiing!!!!! Love Shakira and her latest revenge songs??!!!!!! are not divine?

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

She hasn't had a hit since more than a decade ago.

She's not gonna have any hits EVER.

Btw, "Popular" is a Weeknd song, let's be honest here.

It still has her name attached to it. Same with Elton John, he's been doing that trick for years 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:34 PM, Drownedboy said:

She would not have the carreer she has had, without him. The thing is he has always give her strong and catchy melodies where she could add amazing lyrics and sing with emotion so they created masterpieces. One of the problems of Rebel Heart, Madame x and even Confessions or Hard Candy is the lack of intense melodies where she can express her humanity, so she sometimes sings like a robot with uptempo music that does not sound emotional and do not reach audience´s heart, as it happened with Frozen, LAP, La isla bonita, Live to tell and many others.

Patrick Leonard is great, no doubt, but she was already something before and  would have been the same with any other collaborator. Even LAP album  surely would have selled better with more strong and commercial melodies. The less strong and catchy melodies  of her career are some of Leonard's. And anyone who can't hear intense melodies in RH, MX or HC knows nothing about intense melodies or needs to check out its ears. Really.

The problems of recent  records are basically two:  the lack of airplay in a music world tha has become the reign of teen products,  and the ignorance of fans that blame the best artists for that, instead of knowing  the true reasons why they don't do as well in the charts as Biebers or Taylors. 

On 1/20/2024 at 1:24 AM, wtg1987 said:

see some fans STILL blaming LN for her lack of hits - the music just wasnt that good guys - get over it please - most of MX wasnt commericial and they chose the wrong singles for MDNA and RH - although ghosttown is a mystery .... 

I agree - GMAYL did make sense at the time as it was linked to the SuperBowl - but it wasn't really a strong song on its own. I do feel GGW should have been the lead single instead.

RH - LFL ins't a good song in my opinion - and agree Ghostown was such a strong song and deserved so much better success! It's also a real pity that fans ruined it for her by trying to be the 'first' in leaking the demo's and having the 'exclusive' it really botched that entire period. 

Madame X - I really love the album, but yes, totally agree, it's not commercial and that's fine - in my opinion it's an art installation - although Crave did pretty good on the UK Charts - getting to No. 51 and No. 11 on the Adult Contemporary - Orlando (may he rest in piece) did magic with getting the singles remixed and helping her score that elusive 50 No. 1 club play chart hits!

She's now doing well with Popular - although it's really the wkend that is doing the heavy lifting on the song and the chart itself - despite her having writing credits - in my opinion it's very much his song feat. Madonna.

madame x is not commercial but is art...... she was brave, very brave to do this album when everyone look only at the profit.........

luv mdna ....... its her first album with so many songs....... and in so many songs we have a huge part of Madonna thought.....

rebel heart is divine..... so sad the album don't go so well commercially but is full of amazing pieces...... heartbreak city...... devil pray....... living for love....... veni vidi vici...... and so many others.......

Ghosttown was really ruined, such a shame, it was actually a really huge radio hit in the UK though, record of the week for a while and A listed for a long time too. Just nobody bloody bought it. Radio listeners didnt even need to bother as it was on so much computer savvy people already had it before. Such a shame it shouldve been huge. 

14 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree - GMAYL did make sense at the time as it was linked to the SuperBowl - but it wasn't really a strong song on its own. I do feel GGW should have been the lead single instead.

RH - LFL ins't a good song in my opinion - and agree Ghostown was such a strong song and deserved so much better success! It's also a real pity that fans ruined it for her by trying to be the 'first' in leaking the demo's and having the 'exclusive' it really botched that entire period. 

Madame X - I really love the album, but yes, totally agree, it's not commercial and that's fine - in my opinion it's an art installation - although Crave did pretty good on the UK Charts - getting to No. 51 and No. 11 on the Adult Contemporary - Orlando (may he rest in piece) did magic with getting the singles remixed and helping her score that elusive 50 No. 1 club play chart hits!

She's now doing well with Popular - although it's really the wkend that is doing the heavy lifting not he song and the chart itself - despite her having writing credits - in my opinion it's very much his song feat. Madonna.

Crave only made number 51 on the singles sales chart in the UK. It didn't actually enter the official singles chart, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Ghosttown was really ruined, such a shame, it was actually a really huge radio hit in the UK though, record of the week for a while and A listed for a long time too. Just nobody bloody bought it. Radio listeners didnt even need to bother as it was on so much computer savvy people already had it before. Such a shame it shouldve been huge. 

the happy part of the story is that we have a song like ghosttown.....

this show Madonna talent in write ballad.......

i hope to have a Madonna ballad album in the near future.....

6 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Crave only made number 51 on the singles sales chart in the UK. It didn't actually enter the official singles chart, unfortunately.

I doubt many people even knew crave was out, nobody for her bothered to promote it. It seemed MX was written off apart from the first single. She had a chance at doing it at Eurovision but well forget about that.