Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

3 hours ago, scamper said:

Well, I think that happens more often than what we'd like to think... First of all, there are lots of people that doesn't see music channels and on TV (at least here in Spain) to find a TV program with videos and performances is impossible since the 90's.

And about her music... One day I was with my cousin and she asked me "Are you going to the Madonna concert?" "I told her that I couldn't and asked her "And you?". She told me, "I only know two or three or her songs so..." I said "I'm sure you know more than you think". Days later she told me "I've been listening to Madonna on spotify and you were right. I knew lots of the songs, but didn't know they were sang by Madonna".

I'm sure the general public knows lots of her songs but most of them are "80's or 90's" hit songs and not Madonna songs, I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about. I've been a fan from the 80's and I remember that after "Erotica", "Bedtime stories" and "Evita", when "Ray of light" came out there were lots of new fans that didn't know who Madonna had done in the 80s. They were too young at that time and they discovered what she had made after "Ray of light" and lots of them said things like "I remember that song, my parets had the album when I was a kid" and things like that. 

Unfortunally, Madonna is a big name in music history but not all the people know perfectly which songs are sang by her. But, can you blame them? I mean play "Lucky star" "The look of love", "Like a prayer", "Erotica" and "Ray of light" to somebody that doesn't know Madonna and probably they'll think each song has a different singer.

This is all so true.  Some people may not be aware what Madonna songs they have heard.  In fact, some of these reaction videos, the people recognizes the song once they start playing the song/video, but like you pointed out didn't realize it was her, or only had heard a portion of the song somewhere.

My sibling in the mid 80's who knew who Madonna was, didn't realize "Crazy for You" was by Madonna. Not everyone pays attention to music like we all may do. They aren't aware of every song sung by certain famous artists. I also know many people who grew up during the same era I did, when Madonna was becoming famous and had no interest in her, and never knew most of her songs.  So it's not too hard to think people from younger generations haven't heard even her biggest hits.

4 hours ago, scamper said:

I don't think so... I mean, look at the prices, someone who only know those two songs, don't pay for a concert. Madonna has a name and I know a lot of people who'd love to see her in concert at least once just for being Madonna. I have lots of friends (not Madonna fans) that would love to see her in concert, but she always plays in Barcelona (an expensive town, and the expensive tickets, and the travel and the hotel...). But if she went to another town near I could rent two or more buses just with people I know to go there, hahahaha,

In fact I know more Spanish fans that go to Lisbon instead of Barcelna just because is closer to their origin city.

Does she always blow dry her hair for the Barcelona shows like in Blond Ambition?

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

Who are these two?

Madonna and Ingrid in spring of '94.  Probably around the time she went on Jay Leno, from the looks of her dark hair which sported a blonde strip in the front.  She was probably testing it, before dying it back to Blonde for the Bedtime Story era/photo shoots.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

Not what I heard.  I heard she's starting up at the North Pole.  It's a special show for Santa and all his elves!  I hear Mrs. Claus is a huge fan of Madonna's.

Yeah it's not true, that's because they said she's going to do Frozen as the opening number, with those two iconic notes being... Well you know the ones. The rumour is that she will literally enter the stage frozen, and the audience have to wait 3 hours for her to defrost under a giant dryer. 

Madame X is a Sorbet.

3 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

150 seat theaters in Antartica....  Get it right.

Maybe you're right, it could be that penguins are short sighted.