Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

20 hours ago, Voguerista said:

This photo would have been so beautiful for the album cover versus the one she picked (imo). 

Whilst I like Hard Candy a lot ...brilliant album it does make me laugh that it had her hugest ever tour 

I went to Cardiff when I was 16 and never looked back what a summer in 2008 really with ACROSS THE SKY and LATTE were on the album maybe instead of incredible and Spanish lesson but it's a great collection of songs 

But oh my days sunner 2008 Doctor who epic finale season 4, The Dark Knight and Sticky and Sweet 

Vogue+-+S%26S+-+art+by+Aldo+Diaz.jpg

1 minute ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Whilst I like Hard Candy a lot ...brilliant album it does make me laugh that it had her hugest ever tour 

I went to Cardiff when I was 16 and never looked back what a summer in 2008 really with ACROSS THE SKY and LATTE were on the album maybe instead of incredible and Spanish lesson but it's a great collection of songs 

But oh my days sunner 2008 Doctor who epic finale season 4, The Dark Knight and Sticky and Sweet 

Vogue+-+S%26S+-+art+by+Aldo+Diaz.jpg

The sticky and sweet with candy shop like 1st song.... This tour is one of my fav.....

On 1/22/2024 at 10:01 PM, Voguerista said:

This photo would have been so beautiful for the album cover versus the one she picked (imo). 

The peak she was on is hilarious when I look and fans bash hard candy and Mdna albums so much when her two biggest grossing tours ever were supporting both albums 

It's funny to think about and I wonder if she made sure the albums were cohesive a lot more and pushed a lot more into that then everything would've been BIGGER perhaps like I remember post superbowl there was such frustration she wasn't promoting the music and album at all really 

The focus was WE, superbowl and tour despite the visuals for Mdna being so iconic the fragmented fibre glass style is brilliant ! 

Park of me wishes she worked with JAMIE XX and Kevin Parker for a more trippy psychedelic funk disco sound for the album than full on EDM but alas 

MDNA Tour wall by SweetMDNAcovers.jpg

Very true

2 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

The peak she was on is hilarious when I look and fans bash hard candy and Mdna albums so much when her two biggest grossing tours ever were supporting both albums 

It's funny to think about and I wonder if she made sure the albums were cohesive a lot more and pushed a lot more into that then everything would've been BIGGER perhaps like I remember post superbowl there was such frustration she wasn't promoting the music and album at all really 

The focus was WE, superbowl and tour despite the visuals for Mdna being so iconic the fragmented fibre glass style is brilliant ! 

Park of me wishes she worked with JAMIE XX and Kevin Parker for a more trippy psychedelic funk disco sound for the album than full on EDM but alas 

MDNA Tour wall by SweetMDNAcovers.jpg

Very true. She’s  always been a huge touring artist despite how her albums were received by her fans. Her videos are always iconic as well. For instance, I’m not a huge fan to Take A Bow but the video was out of this world. She’s a very visual artist. Her tours are always amazing no matter which album or era she’s promoting. There is something for everyone in them! Great posts and pictures! I love them! 

About Hard Candy. I never found in the entire tracklist of the album any song that fully represented the official cover of the album where a boxing Madonna appears who undoubtedly represented the tough and empowered woman who is not afraid to face the world. Hard Candy is simply full of dance songs whose lyrics do not go beyond frivolity and superficiality (Candy Shop, Incredible, Dance 2night, Spanish Lesson) and the occasional ballad whose lyrics do not go beyond the repetitive issue of love/heartbreak. that we have already seen in previous albums

HardCandyAlbumCover.png.c1c559e2f51abea98cffab78d5bf679e.png

For an album of these characteristics I think this cover would have been excellent. To be honest, I don't know if the photo is real or fake but it symbolizes very well what we will find on the album: A superficial, frivolous Madonna, wearing bling bling excessively and chewing gum totally carefree and with the sole intention of having a good time going from party to party. And what would we do with the boxing Madonna? I think Rebel Heart would have been an excellent destination for this character because in the Hard Candy songs she is conspicuous by her absence.

1244944885_Candyshop1.jpg.f81df521af14f33f715d1d51cae2b988.jpg

1 hour ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Oh you just know she gets the best guys with best stamina I loved Daniel the Cloud @CyberragaI bet you would wanna find out hehe 

cloud.jpg

I'm stupid. I was looking at the guy on the right side but wrote about left one hah :Madonna049:

Whatever. A hot guy is a hot guy anyway.

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I like to know how she keeps her hair from not falling out.  I suspect she uses spray color to produce the dark roots, but I can imagine the keep up is so tedious.  I'm sure her roots gotta be pretty grey now. 

Anyway, great pic!!  :luv:

I love the pic. 

I think she is mostly bald and grey. What we see in the picture is probably a glued on topee.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:20 PM, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I saw someone recreate what was intended for Hard Candy with the boxing theme 

a0azqsawo1l71.jpg

I know I'm usually wrong because I have a terrible memory and not a clued up fact fan like you guys; but wasnt the boxing theme for when the album was called 'Give it to me'?  Its even on her belt. Did I dream that? 

5 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

In addition to the above question, can someone remind me if this was around the same time a theme of Black Madonna was made? Didn’t she do visuals for the Black Madonna theme but decided to not do that as it would obviously cause an uproar?

They exist they're out there but she and Klein decided against 

I mean it was a middle finger toward the nay sayers of her adoptions and ties to Malawi at the time and obvious r n b direction and reference to how when she started people thought she was a black singer until her visuals finally got airplay etc 

I get it but she would not have survived that backlash had she gone all out with that imagery ... Offensive then but that would've cancelled her too and started a whole other focus ....she did it with erotica where the book took away from the music ...and American life where the politics took away from the music hard candy she wouldn't recover from I'd she did that ...she just about scraped by with that album commercially anyway ...sadly she didn't hit those sales again ...it's gutting her finger went off the pulse and she didn't reinvent massively in her 50s like we all expected at the time MDNA deserved better REBEL HEART and MADAME X also deserves their flowers 

Tumblr_l_48936698399574.jpg

7 hours ago, scallywally said:

I know I'm usually wrong because I have a terrible memory and not a clued up fact fan like you guys; but wasnt the boxing theme for when the album was called 'Give it to me'?  Its even on her belt. Did I dream that? 

Hard Candy was originally going to be a world music focused album and also a lot more about feminism, determination, unity, fighting back 

There was early stage where she worked with A Price, Calvin Harris, Pet Shop Boys on material which they would later use on theirs (I'm not Alone, Revolver, Memories, Flashback, Meet me Halfway, Speakerphone were our finally Madonna songs before guetta , Harris and Kylie minogue used them on their projects in different formats ...which explains why she used some on her second leg of sticky and sweet your)

It was GIVE IT TO ME loosely as a concept and during the session that single was a huge Timberland hit a few months prior, so she wanted Candy Shop but that was a 50 Cent song, then Licorice was a working title before eventually Hard Candy 🍭 was settled on 

To date I'm gutted that Across THE SKY and LATTE and even ANIMAL weren't on the final tracklisting 

21e46074b1f221f11681daa5f67e2a5f.jpg

8 hours ago, scallywally said:

You're not wrong.  That was the original idea to name the album Give it 2 Me , and making Candy Shop the first single, but the record company was concerned it would be an issue with similar names uses by Timberland and 50 Cent.

28 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

then Licorice was a working title before eventually Hard Candy 🍭 was settled on 

To date I'm gutted that Across THE SKY and LATTE and even ANIMAL weren't on the final tracklisting 

21e46074b1f221f11681daa5f67e2a5f.jpg

I thought "Licorice" was just made up by a fan name Rob who mocked up a fake album at the time?  Maybe I am mistaken.  Still, I am not sure if it was ever considered to be called "Licorice" .  As for the tracks you say you are surprised that were included on Hard Candy, Animal and a few other demos at the time including Broken were recorded early on when the album was in early stages, taking a different direction. Neither of those song would fit on Hard Candy as it is today.   Across the Sky is very much a twin to Miles Away, so I suspect it was a matter of which song she preferred to include.  I would suspect Miles Away was chosen over Across the Sky  because all who were involved in that song favored that track. With Latte, I would suspect it wasn't complete in all who were involved. 

It's so easy as fans to assume things of songs, but we forget that the artists themselves have a personal stake in why certain song make it or not.  It could be as easy as the song isn't how they want it to sound or because there are other personal conflicts that kept the song being part of the album.  No matter how deep we are thinking about this, I'm sure the artists involved are thinking even more deeper and personally about their choices.  Also, Record companies tend to play a huge part in what songs are included too.  They can be very insistent and persuasive in songs being removed or not included on albums. It's always up to the artist to find a compromise.  Many of the biggest entertainers in the world have always struggled with their record companies and even management in getting the perfect album they prefer to release. At the end of the day, most artists remember that they are looking for what will resonate with the mainstream as well as what will sell. As much as the artist might detest that, they know that the more they play by the rules of their record distributor, the more chance that record company will go the extra length to promote them. Otherwise, they risk an album that won't sell or not resonate with the general public.