Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

3 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Not all the tickets are 2k.  She can't sell those.  Look at ticketmaster and look and the # of seats left.  She can't sell out the theater at those prices. 

what are you talking about with your useless information again about tickets etc etc ..i couldnt care less if there are tickets remaining ...she no doubt will be making millions from this tour its no big deal ..its not empty is it ...bore off again with your negativity - i dont spend all day counting how many seats are left at a tour nor do i feel the need to remind a forum its not totally sold out on a daily basis like ...cough cough ...you 

Just now, mark perry said:

what are you talking about with your useless information again about tickets etc etc ..i couldnt care less if there are tickets remaining ...she no doubt will be making millions from this tour its no big deal ..its not empty is it ...bore off again with your negativity 

What's with the incessant attitude?  MOST tickets aren't 2k.  If you want to spread your bullshit misinformation, go somewhere where people will actually believe you.

2 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

What's with the incessant attitude?  MOST tickets aren't 2k.  If you want to spread your bullshit misinformation, go somewhere where people will actually believe you.

Ive not said anything about ticket prices so bore off ...im not spreading anything its you who constantly needs to remind the forum that its not sold out lol ...wonder why that is and i wonder why you felt the need to jump in on me by mistake and remind me its not sold out when i had not even mentioned tickets ..youre a troll and the FACT of the matter is mr she is announcing new dates here and there so its not exactly a flop is it ......

1 minute ago, mark perry said:

Ive not said anything about ticket prices so bore off ...im not spreading anything its you who constantly needs to remind the forum that its not sold out lol ...wonder why that is and i wonder why you felt the need to jump in on me by mistake and remind me its not sold out when i had not even mentioned tickets ..youre a troll 

You LITERALLY mentioned ticket prices being high.  Re-read your own fucking posts.

You're an idiot.

10 minutes ago, mark perry said:

i think she loved the intimacy with fans who genuinely are big fans of her and i think thats why the ticket prices are so high so she is just sharing a theatre with her biggest fans not some casual fan who is a fan of vogue lol but it seems some have managed to get in for eg the ones who are leaving after a few songs etc etc or shouting " you suck " but yeah i was unsure of the heckling when she first announced it etc ...i think once shes out of the usa and touring europe things will get better for her 

Need me to draw you a map?

Just now, digitalfreaknyc said:

You LITERALLY mentioned ticket prices being high.  Re-read your own fucking posts.

You're an idiot.

they are high ..youre the idiot who spends all day bloody looking at ticketmaster looking for empty seats and prob get delighted when you find them so you can report back to forums ..yawns ..

15 minutes ago, mark perry said:

i think she loved the intimacy with fans who genuinely are big fans of her and i think thats why the ticket prices are so high so she is just sharing a theatre with her biggest fans not some casual fan who is a fan of vogue lol but it seems some have managed to get in for eg the ones who are leaving after a few songs etc etc or shouting " you suck " but yeah i was unsure of the heckling when she first announced it etc ...i think once shes out of the usa and touring europe things will get better for her 

I suspect more the opposite in Europe. They are more likely to be blunt.

Just now, wonderboy said:

most of the hard core M fans know or know of each other from forums, social media, and meeting at previous shows, that being said, can anyone identify the hecklers? I have a pretty good idea who it is already, I just want to confirm....

It sounds like it was several people.  Not just one.

5 minutes ago, mark perry said:

possibly tbh ..i expect booos if she is late like she has been in new york 

Yes, I saw RHT in Germany and the 10:30pm start did not impress the Germans. Even some really bratty behavior (not unlike a few in this forum lately).

I fear the European crowds will just be louder with more heckling, and in languages she can't understand - this will just delay/interrupt the 'talking' interludes even more. I doubt her Portuguese in Lisbon will be able to keep up, but we'll see. I'm also fearful of sudden crowd rushes when she goes down the aisles...

14 minutes ago, seanp78 said:

Yes, I saw RHT in Germany and the 10:30pm start did not impress the Germans. Even some really bratty behavior (not unlike a few in this forum lately).

I fear the European crowds will just be louder with more heckling, and in languages she can't understand - this will just delay/interrupt the 'talking' interludes even more. I doubt her Portuguese in Lisbon will be able to keep up, but we'll see. I'm also fearful of sudden crowd rushes when she goes down the aisles...

I have no data about this, but I imagine that not everyone in theaters in NY is American. I am Brazilian and I know dozens of people who are traveling to watch the shows. As well as several other nationalities must be doing this .... in the US and in all other countries. I currently live in Spain (Barcelona) and people are going to Lisbon/Paris. I will go to Lisbon. 

And another point: unlike Americans, people in Europe often speak several languages, mainly English - and we must not forget that people who pay at least 200 euros for a ticket have good purchasing power, and probably a good education. I don't think language will be a barrier and make her uncomfortable, boring, etc. 

8 minutes ago, LuizG said:

I have no data about this, but I imagine that not everyone in theaters in NY is American. I am Brazilian and I know dozens of people who are traveling to watch the shows. As well as several other nationalities must be doing this .... in the US and in all other countries. I currently live in Spain (Barcelona) and people are going to Lisbon/Paris. I will go to Lisbon. 

And another point: unlike Americans, people in Europe often speak several languages, mainly English - and we must not forget that people who pay at least 200 euros for a ticket have good purchasing power, and probably a good education. I don't think language will be a barrier and make her uncomfortable, boring, etc. 

Totally understood. The Brazilians at the show I went to were the loudest, actually - and a guy behind me kept shouting 'Madonna!!!' in every quiet period; and was Spanish-speaking. That multiplied by 3000 is going to make it a 'loud' show (don't get me wrong, I think European audiences are awesome and I prefer it louder at the stadium shows I've been to).

Also on my night, even those yelling at her in English are hard to be understood because of her ear monitors and when multiple people yell at once. I just think it will be a little more chaotic in Europe - happy to be proven otherwise!

Edited by seanp78 (see edit history)

1 minute ago, seanp78 said:

Totally understood. The Brazilians at the show I went to were the loudest, actually - and a guy behind me kept shouting 'Madonna!!!' in every quiet period; and was Spanish-speaking. That multiplied by 3000 is going to make it a 'loud' show (don't get me wrong, I think European audiences are awesome and I prefer it louder at the stadium shows I've been to).

Also on my night, even those yelling at her in English are hard to be understood because of her ear monitors and when multiple people yell at once. I just think it will be a little more chaotic in Europe - happy to be proven otherwise!

I totally understood you right. If you watch a Madonna concert in Brazil you will understand what CAOS is. But I find it fun, more intense ... the first time I watched Madonna it was in a stadium with over 90,000 people and all singing together has a physical effect. It's beautiful.

And you want know? I think maybe one of the nuances she was looking for in this so-called "intimacy" of theaters is the chance to hear one thing and another that fans scream ... maybe that will tire her, let's keep up.

After I'll tell you about Lisbon :)

4 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Tuesday's show was pure magic.  It's still a bit of a blur, so I'll write more about it when I get home.  I would have enjoyed it a lot more however had she not started at 11pm after I woke up at 5:30am to fly in.  And before the usual suspects suggest I could just have planned ahead and spent an extra night of hotel (for what reason?!), I unfortunately had other plans and could not do that.  Maluma was in the house, got a huge cheer from the audience when he arrived, and David was in the other VIP box as it was his birthday.  Maluma and at least one friend did have their phones out before the show started (it was so visible from their bright screens when the entire rest of the theater was electronics free), but to their credit, they were super respectful and turned everything off for the rest of the show once it started.

I had such a great time and it was such an overall great vibe that I got another ticket for last night's show, which was, to be perfectly blunt, possibly the most awkward and tragic M show I've attended. :eyes:

She started at 11:15pm last night.  Everyone was in a horrible mood to start (I think this show was less full of fans because it was one of the last dates added after most people had gotten their other dates via the lottery) because it was drizzling all evening, making the commute a horror.  She was just full on bitchy most of the night.  The one heckler in the front rows kept yelling out all the punchlines to her jokes and script before she could say them to the point it disrupted the whole show, and she had to stop 5-6 times to tell him to SHUT UP.  "If you wanted to be IN my show, you should have come to the auditions."  Then OMG the audience.  Yes, she was late, but most people just left and got a refund if they were unhappy.  A super vocal contingent in the balcony just kept full out screaming, literally between every talking point between songs "YOU'RE LATE"  "YOU SUCK"  "THE SHOW SUCKS" to the point i don't think anyone in the balcony wasn't super distracted and could enjoy the show to the full extent.  In fact, a significant chunk of the balcony left before the end.  At least 5 people around me left after the first few songs.  Then even more obnoxious people moved in to take their places that were not the seats they had purchased.

The Polaroid moment got super awkward.  She said the guy who went up had already been up there before and $2k wasn't enough.  She asked if anyone had more than $2k and got no takers, so she said I'll just keep it then, and on with the show.

I felt SO bad for the poor girl in the front row during the beer moment.  It was tragic.  First, she made fun of the girl's Canadian accent ("I thought my Michigan accent was bad, but yours is tragic!"), then she asked what the girl did and was so bored by the answer she paused, then said "well, onto the alcohol, I think that is a more interesting topic".  Then the girl was so nervous she was speaking very slightly slowly to not shake and stammer, and Madonna asked her if she was on Diazepam or something.  She also said "I'm still recovering from the fact that no one bought my Polaroid."  At that point, the girl said she had tried to offer money during the Polaroid moment and timidly offered again "$2,500", but M just cut her off coldly as it still wasn't enough and said well thanks for being a great sport, and on with the show.  It wasn't the girl's first time at the show, but it was all slightly horrifying.  I probably would have felt like crying if that were me.

She did say at one point that "to be totally honest with you, tonight has been a very challenging night."  Someone asked why and she said "I don't have to explain why."

The energy was completely dead by the end, and we left at 1:40am to a full out downpour.  A large portion of the audience didn't really have umbrellas, so all I heard when I got out was more bitching and moaning.  It's 54 degrees this morning.:suffer:

Wow. That's just sad. I can see both sides but She really could solve so many of these issues by starting earlier. At least at 10:00 or earlier. Waiting til 11:00 and after is too much. 

2 hours ago, fiercemighty said:

I enjoyed the show last night, but getting out at 1:30 AM was absurd. It's no wonder people were restless, you spend two or three hours waiting for her to go on, if you want to use your phone while you wait for the show to start you have to go into a small, crowded pen in the lobbies, and then after all that waiting for her, she seems to be in a mood herself. 

The moment she turned down $2000 for the polaroid and demanded more was cringeworthy. Of course I know it's going to charity, but it seemed snide. 

Most positive thing about the evening was that at the last minute my husband and I got offered to move from our seats in the third balcony, to seats in the orchestra, maybe a dozen rows from the stage. Which was the closest I've ever been, and made the price I paid for the tickets that much more worthwhile. 

As for the show itself, I loved many of the arrangements. Yes, there was a lot of auto-tune, but there were just as many moments where her vocals were true and brilliant. Batuka is electric live, as is Come Alive (a song I was very excited to see), and as always Like A Prayer engaged the whole house and turns a concert into a religious experience. I didn't mind the remix of Crave, rather its placement in the final act. It seemed sort of shoehorned in. I don't know where it would have fit better, but the theme and sudden change in tone for the act was weird. I believe there are many songs from her back catalogue that could have better fit the slot. So many thoughts, and I've already written a novel! So I'll leave it at this. 

Thanks so much. Please write more when you can. Lovesss

3 hours ago, LuizG said:

I respect and quote everything you just wrote there!

4 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Not all the tickets are 2k.  She can't sell those.  Look at ticketmaster and look and the # of seats left.  She can't sell out the theater at those prices. 

Guys i love Madonna but $2k to see her in a theatre...and she's expecting a sell-out? Is she what? Maria Callas? Do me a favour! Get back on Earth bitch lol

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic