Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

22 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

I just simply said i didnt like the show and now i’m a cher fan? Im gaggin. 

Don’t nobody care about cher. Just trying to make a point since most of y’all like cher. And cher more m’s age group. I can’t compare m to no beyonce and rihanna. Then i’m gettin blocked for making y’all cry. Then i’m gettin deleted for keepin it 100.

If y’all like the show you can write a whole essay here. If y’all didn’t like it then you best keep that to yourself because we not allowed to have that kind of opinion. Or you gon get labeled ‘whining fan’ ‘hater’ ‘immature’. child bye. 

i love reading the positive fan reviews dont you 

4 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Oh and I got a tour book.  As did everyone I saw apparently. :cute:

I only flipped through it briefly, but there's an envelope in the back with postcards.  The one on top says "Madame X loves you" with the reverse saying "Wish you were here!" :angel:

how much was it ?? 

Wow!  A lot to digest here. Thanks to all who provided their review of the show so far.  In my experience in seeing Madonna live as many times as I have, there is no doubt she puts on a great show.  Madame X tour is no different.  I love how she went more intimate this time.  I have no problem with the set list as she's always toured songs mostly from her latest album.  Though I am glad she included a few classics.  I'm a little confused why the tour book took so long to finally arrive, but it looks really great as usual.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, mark perry said:

which she would not be able to pull in a arena or stadium ...hmmmm - so she gets to the theatre rehearses then what ..sits around on her mobile - it does not make sense to me ..is she purposely making people wait ? she said she would not be late again then winked at the crowd i thought she was just joking it seems no the lateness will continue throughout the tour and she thinks its funny to joke about it 

I think she takes a nap after she rehearses. I don't know that for a fact, but it would make sense.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, madgefan said:

Don't you think the press and people who attended MDNA and RH (where she started really late) have made it clear she's not punctual anymore?

Unpopular opinion here BUT it's her friggin' show! If people are not willing, by any means, to resist the late starts then why bother purchasing her tickets in the first place? :confused: Doesn't make any sense to me... It's just like that oh I spent 800 dollars the other day because I want to see Madonna front row but if she starts late I will be sooo mad at her, utterly disrespectful! kind of attitude :redface:

People are flying over 10,000 kms just to attend the show, do 2 hours reaaaaaally affect the blast we always have at her concerts? I guess it's mostly Americans and Brits who complain about the late starts anyway, same thing about the subway closes early, the taxis are so expensive, blah blah blah conversation. In my opinion, usual moaners are so spoiled considering  that Madonna occasionally bring her tours to other continents and there are real fans who will get to experience her live rarely in their lives. Probably never.

Does she have to? She was never that complaisant towards anybody. She's leaving the venue after giving her all onstage and yet people expect her to continue with the show? lol What lets me satisfied is that in most fan videos filmed outside the theatre she looks so damn happy! And that should be all we care for. She could perfectly choose to leave the venue through a different door or simply escape on her limo right after she says Thank You, Good Night.

I attended both MDNA as RH and while yes, she was late, the shows still began by 9:30ish.

I made it very clear that I adore her, but this behavior is unacceptable. Do you for 1 second think that Madonna would tolerate this sort of tardiness? That's what boggles my mind, she wouldn't tolerate it, so why should her fans?

Also, I don't care that it is her show, the fans are paying for it, she's not paying you to show up.

Some people think 2 hours is a long time and as I previously stated, some people have legitimate health issues which prevents them for sitting or standing for that long. You can say, "well, then show up an hour late." But there is always the chance that she's on state within 30 minutes of the start time for that show. Also, as you said yourself, people are flying THOUSANDS of miles to see her, so a little common courtesy from her would go a long way.

I do live in the US, and I am traveling to see her, once, perhaps twice, and while I don't have the issue that those in the UK have with curfews, I can totally understand not wanting to be stranded in London or have to choose to leave early because I had no way of getting home. I would probably rent a hotel, but some people have other obligations, like getting to work the next day or family obligations.

As for her stopping to acknowledge the fans that wait for her outside... No, as I said, this is Madonna, and she's never been one to do that very often, but at this stage in her career she should be thankful that people want to stand outside and wait for her. She could at least pause and say, "Thank you so much! Please come and see me again!" or something like that.

Those are only my opinions.

50 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Some people think 2 hours is a long time and as I previously stated, some people have legitimate health issues which prevents them for sitting or standing for that long. You can say, "well, then show up an hour late." But there is always the chance that she's on state within 30 minutes of the start time for that show. Also, as you said yourself, people are flying THOUSANDS of miles to see her, so a little common courtesy from her would go a long way.

If you feel like she's not being courteous enough this time around then why insisting on paying big money to travel and see her? It's not an obligation you know? And last time I checked there might be other priorities.

In my case, I am travelling a huge distance and paid those pricey tickets because I know she's so worth it. Next time she tours she will probably be 65 and there is a low chance she will visit Chile again because the local promoter was a total mess, they even got sued. If I had health issues myself wouldn't I take the necessary precautions beforehand and get a ticket that allows me to enjoy the concert in the best possible way? If I am worried because I have to work the next morning then why not buying a ticket during a weekend? Maybe take a day off?

Why try to make her responsible for everything that could upset me? It's hilarious. We don't even know the whole story about her late start, do we? I know it sucks to wait for her at the venue but if you're not willing to take the risk go spend your money on someone else. Something that makes you feel less miserable.

After the disastrous experience we had in Santiago back in 2012 I learnt to accept that she's a human being and that she cannot foresee all the inconveniences that could happen during a show: bad weather, traffic jams, bad mood, poor health. Dude, I experienced all that in a single evening and yet had the night of my life just experiencing the MDNA tour, even with its cut songs I didn't care. It's Madonna giving her all onstage.

6 hours ago, Enrico said:

RESCHEDULED SHOWS! :scary:

Sorry, but they are really messing up this time ... and in theory it's the most famous popstar in the world we're talking about. There are people who can't change the dates of their shows, this is not serious ... she's playing with fire, as we use to say in Italy. This, as the daily three hours delay to go on stage, is unacceptable.

Thing is, we are all here on a FORUM discussing the deats of a show as it happens, eavesdropping, investigating, anticipating, coz the only people who have seen it...well actually have seen it! Feels very '90s - or even '80s. Only Madonna could have worked this magic in the smart phone/social media instantaneousness that our world has become these days!

Brava Madonna!!

Just hurry the f'uck up b*tch and start the show earlier. Week nights are ars'holes the next day for us on Earth! 

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

If you feel like she's not being courteous enough this time around then why insisting on paying big money to travel and see her? It's not an obligation you know? And last time I checked there might be other priorities.

In my case, I am travelling a huge distance and paid those pricey tickets because I know she's so worth it. Next time she tours she will probably be 65 and there is a low chance she will visit Chile again because the local promoter was a total mess, they even got sued. If I had health issues myself wouldn't I take the necessary precautions beforehand and get a ticket that allows me to enjoy the concert in the best possible way? If I am worried because I have to work the next morning then why not buying a ticket during a weekend? Maybe take a day off?

Why try to make her responsible for everything that could upset me? It's hilarious. We don't even know the whole story about her late start, do we? I know it sucks to wait for her at the venue but if you're not willing to take the risk go spend your money on someone else. Something that makes you feel less miserable.

After the disastrous experience we had in Santiago back in 2012 I learnt to accept that she's a human being and that she cannot foresee all the inconveniences that could happen during a show: bad weather, traffic jams, bad mood, poor health. Dude, I experienced all that in a single evening and yet had the night of my life just experiencing the MDNA tour, even with its cut songs I didn't care. It's Madonna giving her all onstage.

I love your positivity ! 

2 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

I attended both MDNA as RH and while yes, she was late, the shows still began by 9:30ish.

I made it very clear that I adore her, but this behavior is unacceptable. Do you for 1 second think that Madonna would tolerate this sort of tardiness? That's what boggles my mind, she wouldn't tolerate it, so why should her fans?

Also, I don't care that it is her show, the fans are paying for it, she's not paying you to show up.

I do live in the US, and I am traveling to see her, once, perhaps twice, and while I don't have the issue that those in the UK have with curfews, I can totally understand not wanting to be stranded in London or have to choose to leave early because I had no way of getting home. I would probably rent a hotel, but some people have other obligations, like getting to work the next day or family obligations.

As for her stopping to acknowledge the fans that wait for her outside... No, as I said, this is Madonna, and she's never been one to do that very often, but at this stage in her career she should be thankful that people want to stand outside and wait for her. She could at least pause and say, "Thank you so much! Please come and see me again!" or something like that.

Those are only my opinions.

"Thank you so much, come see me again soon?" Sorry are you talking about Ariana Grande? Lol

2 hours ago, madgefan said:

I go because I CHOOSE to go. Madonna is late EVERY SINGLE SHOW because she CHOOSES to do so. Madonna is late every night and I can guarantee you that she's responsible because it happens EVERY show at EVERY tour. That is my point, it just doesn't make any sense to place the blame anywhere else. We know that M is a perfectionist and I can see her getting late starts at the beginning of the tour, or first night of a new venue, but every single show? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

I never said that my life falls apart because of this, and yes, I take the time off from work. As for weekend shows, does she do weekends at each city this time around? I didn't check that closely.

The problem with your point of view, as I see it, is that you think everyone has the same options and life that you have, and that's just absurd. My husband has to have surgery on his neck one week after the show, this necessary neck surgery is due to him not being able to stand around for hours on his feet or even sitting in an uncomfortable chair - he's a fairly young man that just happens to have a medical issue with a disc pressing on his spinal cord. See, I've seen him have issues at concerts first hand and the additional waiting around is miserable for him, but he endures it because he knows how much I want to see Madonna. Because of this first hand experience I understand that this late start isn't tolerable for every attendee.

11 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

"Thank you so much, come see me again soon?" Sorry are you talking about Ariana Grande? Lol

No, I don't. I think she's an artist who has the support of her fans for 40 years and a little acknowledgment would be nice. I didn't say she should say those exact words, but you know, something would be nice. 

It's not exactly like she's selling tons of albums these days, she should show more gratitude. Don't get me wrong, I know Madonna loves her fans as much as we love her, but show it once in a while and drop the aloof attitude.

Great report from Matthew Rettemund site:

Madonna has two competitive audience participation aspects to her current Madame X tour — the beer bitch (she grabs a seat at the end of the front row and interviews a fan, sharing a beer) and the Polaroid selfie (she shoots a selfie with her “I Don't Search I Find” Polaroid then auctions it).

I got one, and various Madonna sites have documented many of the other winners. So far, there has only been one night when she refused all bids. That night, an obnoxious drunk fan was trying to use the bidding to get her attention to give her a hat me made (I don't want your hat, she snapped — my hero! Everyone around the guy was complaining about his awful behavior. Rejected, he broke into tears and left. Bye-bye, baby, bye-bye!).

Last night (a night on which one of Madonna's greatest music-video directors, Mary Lambert, was in da house), a new friend of mine — who was there when I won — snagged the selfie! He is the only person not in the front or second row to be successful. Here is Leo's report:

I was sitting in a row in the middle, and there was a guy in the front row who immediately offered $1,500. Madonna said, “Oh, am I only worth $1,500? The other day I was offered $5,000!” and the guy kept talking.

Honestly, I wasn’t going to make an offer because I saw the security weren’t allowing anyone to go to the front. Then the guy next to me (he was talking and screaming all the time during the show) yelled, “$2,000!” but he didn’t have the money. He got security's attention, though, and they asked, “Do you really have it?”

Then I stepped in and I showed with my fingers: 2.

They let me go to the front while the other guy with the $1,500 was still trying to convince Madonna to accept his offer, “I love you,” etc. I tried to interrupt, but I wouldn’t dare. Security advised me to go and tell her I was offering $2,000, so I did and she goes, “Do you know that you’re interrupting?” I tried to explain myself, but then she asked, “How much do you offer?” I said, “$2,000,” then she accepted!

She asked me what do I do for a living and my name. I said I work for ashipping company and I informed her I’m from Greece — I guess she could have been wondering due to my accent — and she goes, “You’re from Greece and you have a job? I don’t know anyone who has a job in Greece!”

I replied, “You’re right,” but then she smiled back, meaning she was joking — she was sarcastic due to the Greek economic crisis.

Then she shook my hand and said, “Leo, thank you for your generosity.”

Another two grand in the pot for Raising Malawi.

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/10/selfie-actualization-madonnas-latest-patron.html

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0240a48c580c200c-800wi

4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Great report from Matthew Rettemund site:

Madonna has two competitive audience participation aspects to her current Madame X tour — the beer bitch (she grabs a seat at the end of the front row and interviews a fan, sharing a beer) and the Polaroid selfie (she shoots a selfie with her “I Don't Search I Find” Polaroid then auctions it).

I got one, and various Madonna sites have documented many of the other winners. So far, there has only been one night when she refused all bids. That night, an obnoxious drunk fan was trying to use the bidding to get her attention to give her a hat me made (I don't want your hat, she snapped — my hero! Everyone around the guy was complaining about his awful behavior. Rejected, he broke into tears and left. Bye-bye, baby, bye-bye!).

Last night (a night on which one of Madonna's greatest music-video directors, Mary Lambert, was in da house), a new friend of mine — who was there when I won — snagged the selfie! He is the only person not in the front or second row to be successful. Here is Leo's report:

I was sitting in a row in the middle, and there was a guy in the front row who immediately offered $1,500. Madonna said, “Oh, am I only worth $1,500? The other day I was offered $5,000!” and the guy kept talking.

Honestly, I wasn’t going to make an offer because I saw the security weren’t allowing anyone to go to the front. Then the guy next to me (he was talking and screaming all the time during the show) yelled, “$2,000!” but he didn’t have the money. He got security's attention, though, and they asked, “Do you really have it?”

Then I stepped in and I showed with my fingers: 2.

They let me go to the front while the other guy with the $1,500 was still trying to convince Madonna to accept his offer, “I love you,” etc. I tried to interrupt, but I wouldn’t dare. Security advised me to go and tell her I was offering $2,000, so I did and she goes, “Do you know that you’re interrupting?” I tried to explain myself, but then she asked, “How much do you offer?” I said, “$2,000,” then she accepted!

She asked me what do I do for a living and my name. I said I work for ashipping company and I informed her I’m from Greece — I guess she could have been wondering due to my accent — and she goes, “You’re from Greece and you have a job? I don’t know anyone who has a job in Greece!”

I replied, “You’re right,” but then she smiled back, meaning she was joking — she was sarcastic due to the Greek economic crisis.

Then she shook my hand and said, “Leo, thank you for your generosity.”

Another two grand in the pot for Raising Malawi.

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/10/selfie-actualization-madonnas-latest-patron.html

6a00d8341c2ca253ef0240a48c580c200c-800wi

Seriously i cant get my head around paying fans. One thing is a show. Another is....well, this. 

56 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

No, I don't. I think she's an artist who has the support of her fans for 40 years and a little acknowledgment would be nice. I didn't say she should say those exact words, but you know, something would be nice. 

It's not exactly like she's selling tons of albums these days, she should show more gratitude. Don't get me wrong, I know Madonna loves her fans as much as we love her, but show it once in a while and drop the aloof attitude.

She shows fans gratitude by keep doing what she's always done in her 60s, music, show etc. with the same energy and focus as ever. She never was a good girl (minus when her natural kids were growing maybe...she was awkwardly sane there and then..)come on...let's get real. We like her to stay the bitch that she is. It's funny. My opinion. 

23 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

First of all, the show itself is mediocre, her outfits are a terribly low effort compared to whatever she's done before, the setlist is a mess and this is coming from someone whose happy that she's singing more Madame X songs, but she raised all the wrong expectations through Instagram, that this is some sort of a hardcore fan intimate gig where she sings forgotten gems..etc., the songs barely fit with each other and so many moments of awkwardness out there

I have to disagree with this entirely, aside from raising the wrong expectations on Instagram.  The show is stunning live, and you really need a couple viewings from different angles to really digest it all.  When you're up close, Madonna is so mesmerizing and has such a commanding presence that I barely looked anywhere else.  The choreography isn't as aerobics heavy as past tours, but it's absolutely more physically demanding than RHT.  She's in much better shape than she was on the RHT.  Her legs are still to die for.  She still has a natural grace and charisma in her movements that are unmatched, and she's almost always moving.

It's all really hard to describe.  The best way would probably be instead of the concert video backdrops we are used to, the entire set is a projection for the images, that spread beyond the center stage to the rest of the theater space, and she's part of the entire projection and set like you would expect in a theater show.  Although the set looks simple, if you look closely, there are actually a lot of complex moving pieces and set designs that are very well done.  The setlist might not make much sense on paper or even audio, but it flows seamlessly live when everything is working.  The audience reaction makes up a large part of that success or not though, which is where the lateness becomes the defining factor to a good or bad show and also whether she's in a playful or bad mood.

Her outfits are more costume-like to fit the theatrical acts she's trying to convey rather than looking glamorous or sexy for the sake of being a pop star like in past concerts, but that doesn't mean they're lower quality.  The tour book lists most of the same and other high end designers as her past tours.  It's just different.

A lot of the setlist and audio won't make much sense or necessarily seem very impressive without the visuals.  This is a very visual show.  It's all meant to convey her political agenda rather than being pure entertainment.  The show is a work of art.

I can see how this would be incredibly difficult to film, but I hope they manage to do so at some point.  This deserves to be seen and more than once.  There are so many layers that you miss if you're focusing on one thing or another.  I admit my attention wandered briefly during some of the less exciting songs the first night, but mostly because I was really tired.  There is a point to every song though, it's not just a random playlist thrown together like it sounds. 

I'll be the first to admit I had quite low expectations going in, but it was amazing.  At the end of the day, there is no one like Madonna.

Kevin at the beer moment last night told her "the world would be a better place if it was like a Madonna concert".  M said "but this isn't really a Madonna concert.  It's Madame X theater.  Don't confuse the two." :)

5 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

Ah, well I suppose I have to eat my words on that part of my post.... Hmm, wonder why it was just this time.

5 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Not sure. I wondered that too. I hope she keeps doing it. 

Are you aware that this signing didn't happen outside the theatre after a show, but at the opening of the pop up store?

48 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

When you're up close, Madonna is so mesmerizing and has such a commanding presence that I barely looked anywhere else. 

Kevin at the beer moment last night told her "the world would be a better place if it was like a Madonna concert".  M said "but this isn't really a Madonna concert.  It's Madame X theater.  Don't confuse the two." :)

THIS. Everytime I've been to a Madonna show, I was stunned by her commanding presence. I think that was what ultimately made her a star since Seymour Stein days.

Exactly 5 months until I see the Madame X theatre! Without any video you really need to see it more than once.

I can't wait after your reports @stfan97!! :Madonna001:

It's a lot more dance and choreography heavy than many actual theater shows, and a lot of the time, the set pieces are moving while she and the dancers are too.  It's all very precise.  I would probably say her steps are more choreographed than any tour since Confessions, in general.

I can see why Maluma didn't join her even if he had been willing.  It runs like a well-oiled machine with no room for someone random to really be thrown into the show.

Oh, and there are a lot of stairs.  She goes up and down the stairs SO many times.  I got tired just watching her. :lol:  It made me a bit nervous since there are no rails at all and they're quite steep, but everything's gone smoothly so far.  The stair steps move around and re-arrange in different patterns.  It was stunning during Like a Prayer when the dancers on different steps formed a giant X, with Madonna in the center.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic