Mick Jagger and Madonna

Blue Jean

20 hours ago, deathproof said:

Can't find Mick's original source for the comment, but that quote has appeared in the press year after year.

The oldest i can find of this quote is a TIME article from May 1985: http://mus15teenpop.weebly.com/uploads/1/6/7/8/1678483/madonna_rocks_the_land.pdf

Hope that helps.

Yes that’s all I could find too! I’d love to know when it was exactly...

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

This is such a cool way to describe them. I love both of them for the heat they can bring on stage in different ways. 

I really should check out some of their concerts. I know a fair bit of their music but have never watched a concert.

And yes they do have a lot in common. I seem to believe the anti Madonna remarks he made were only at the beginning of her career, and like I said, he was slagging others off at the time as well.

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I really should check out some of their concerts. I know a fair bit of their music but have never watched a concert.

And yes they do have a lot in common. I seem to believe the anti Madonna remarks he made were only at the beginning of her career, and like I said, he was slagging others off at the time as well.

I watched their Some Girls tour concert the other day, it was really good. The outfits are hilarious. PlutoTV streams some of their concerts with commercials for free.

Do we always hold everyone accountable for things that were said thirty-five years ago? Is there ever a point when it feels better to move on from the pettiness and bitterness? The world was a very different place at the time this quote was attributed; Mick was 20-odd years into a pop career that was at that point somewhat inconsistent and flailing. MTV was not a natural landscape for these performers, and Madonna came along making it all seem like child’s play. I guess that would make any narcissistic rock/pop star crabby, defensive and dismissive. Madonna has proven herself a million times over since then, and has hosted the pop idols she grew up with many times. They are all in awe of her, whatever was said decades prior.

13 hours ago, Alibaba said:

Do we always hold everyone accountable for things that were said thirty-five years ago? Is there ever a point when it feels better to move on from the pettiness and bitterness? The world was a very different place at the time this quote was attributed; Mick was 20-odd years into a pop career that was at that point somewhat inconsistent and flailing. MTV was not a natural landscape for these performers, and Madonna came along making it all seem like child’s play. I guess that would make any narcissistic rock/pop star crabby, defensive and dismissive. Madonna has proven herself a million times over since then, and has hosted the pop idols she grew up with many times. They are all in awe of her, whatever was said decades prior.

I am asking for the original article because I am making a doco and I wanted to use it as she actually was asked about his comments in the 1987 Jane Pauley interview. It’s an important part of her story that she was written off by everyone including big names like Mick Jagger.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I am asking for the original article because I am making a doco and I wanted to use it as she actually was asked about his comments in the 1987 Jane Pauley interview. It’s an important part of her story that she was written off by everyone including big names like Mick Jagger.

I think that's great that you're making a documentary! Good luck!