Material Girl video available in HD!

proxy

7 hours ago, Bermu said:

I've felt quite embarrassed watching the HD remastering of Material Girl MV...

Without belittling the work of some forum geniuses, Material Girl MV now looks like a mere upscale or HD interpretation... but VERY POORLY DONE.

Boost color, film grain completely gone and ridiculous moments like this:

Nova Imagem de Bitmap.jpg

This is what I need as a fucking fan, my Gosh... and this is what normal people need on their HD/Full HD/4K monitors/televisions:

People saying "it's ok...", "Better than expected..."
Come on!!!
"Don't go for second best" told her song.

Why do we have to settle for this shit and say it's okay publicly for the benefit of Madonna's ego and/or her team?

No, it is NOT okay.

Where there's a will there's a way

Period

Just saw Take on me on my 4K TV and its deffo an upscale and not a true 4K one, a better example would be Wham's Last Xmas now that's amazing 

20 hours ago, steady75 said:

Of all of them.. did we ever think it would be Madonna who’s legacy was so abandoned? The way her content used to handled back in the day and now this? Honestly it’s baffling to me. 
A consistent pioneer of new formats and now... pfft. It’s so bargain basement all the time. The quality of her brand has just festered and dipped for multiple years now. I can tell she still cares but her team are beyond help. Sack them all. Drain the swamp. 

Exactly, you have to drain the swamp.

She was slumpish after Evita. Who is she now? A Celine Dion/Barbra Streisand musical actress? How do the Erotica and Justify My Love fans fit in with this new woman? The "Material Girl" turned "Maternal Girl" .. but they hired Q-Prime management to figure out how to position her so that her next effort STOOD out and reconfirmed that she was STILL MADONNA -- and it put Evita to bed. New chapter. 

Who the hell was worried bout BUENOS AIRES remixes not coming out anymore when we had fucking Veronica Electronica era on our doorsteps and the WORLD was watching ... waiting .. anticipating!

Drop the entire team. Good-bye everyone, I need to shed my skin and have new perspectives. 

She only has SO many years left to do this, so do it right. 

Get a strong Management team with a ten year plan to resolidify her brand, expand her streaming base and increase her subscriber numbers. 

A dedicated plan for re-releases of music and concert videos as well as new material.

Do a few lame duck moves to reach new fans. Is that a Christmas album? A 6-song Christmas EP (she has a beautiful voice for ballads and could add some quirky humour to a few staples).

A duet EP with some peers (and I don't mean Cardi-B or Future) like KYLIE or TINA or ROBBIE WILLIAMS -- (George Michael would have been nice or Prince ..) -- so maybe Boy George and Pet Shop Boys. Embrace the 80's and your peers and reach their audiences as well.

Efforts that are strategic, not just random blips that don't really move the needle. 

7 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think Material Girl video was missing for ages on her official Youtube, and they uploaded it only 3 years ago? That explains the low views for a classic track like this one...

Oh, I have no idea, I don't pay attention to her official channels, they never have what I want.

I wonder if instead of these random HD upscales that sometimes happen due to anniversaries, sometimes not, if they instead focused on an era or a cycle like Alanis' team did by going back to the original film negatives of the JLP videos and remastering them in 4k to coincide with a new commemorative edition of that era (in M's case e.g. 2021 - True Blue 35th anniversary), Warner and whoever from M's team could be convinced to spend the money to actually do this right and we could finally have her catalogue taken care of as well as it deserves to be.

I do like the color correction in the MG video a lot, though.

15 hours ago, captainjay said:

expand her streaming base and increase her subscriber numbers. 

15 hours ago, captainjay said:

Oh, I have no idea, I don't pay attention to her official channels, they never have what I want.

You want Madonna to increase her steaming and subscriber numbers but at the same time you admitted that you don't support her official music & videos. 

Doctor Who Whatever GIF by Temple Of Geek

8 hours ago, proxy said:

You want Madonna to increase her steaming and subscriber numbers but at the same time you admitted that you don't support her official music & videos. 

Doctor Who Whatever GIF by Temple Of Geek

First of all, grow up. 

Second, no - NO ONE has paid attention to her streaming and subscriber numbers until recently, because NOTHING was happening on her channels, as you know. 

But now she's clearly looking at upgrading and adding .. and that is why we are talking about in now .. obviously. 

14 hours ago, captainjay said:

First of all, grow up. 

Second, no - NO ONE has paid attention to her streaming and subscriber numbers until recently, because NOTHING was happening on her channels, as you know. 

But now she's clearly looking at upgrading and adding .. and that is why we are talking about in now .. obviously. 

Well sorry for pointing out and make you angry,  that if you want Madonna to have bigger streaming numbers you have to support her official channels :07:

• 2 weeks later...