Jump to content

Diferences between Truth Or Dare and In Bed With Madonna???


Recommended Posts

You might think I'm crazy...But I'm not! :tongue:

My european dvd is 114 (1h51min), the mexican one is 120, both In Bed. Truth Or dare is one hour and 59 (so i guess teh same has the mexican dvd).

I noticed it today cause I wanted to rip In bed with and try to put some portuguese subtitles, like in the vhs i had. (I've done years ago, but wanted to do better).

do you know anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, emanon said:

I guess its not just that...In the end, when she uses the remote to end the film...the Mexico one is a bit longer than the european...I just discovered that. I guess there might be some more differences, not just the Pal and ntsc

It's just the PAL and NTSC difference. I've used the spanish dub from my PAL DVD (changing the speed) with the american Blu-ray (same NTSC DVD running time) without any problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, emanon said:

You might think I'm crazy...But I'm not! :tongue:

My european dvd is 114 (1h51min), the mexican one is 120, both In Bed. Truth Or dare is one hour and 59 (so i guess teh same has the mexican dvd).

I noticed it today cause I wanted to rip In bed with and try to put some portuguese subtitles, like in the vhs i had. (I've done years ago, but wanted to do better).

do you know anything?

Film standard is 24 frames per second (fps). PAL uses 25 frames due to the frame rate/Hertz of televisions/tech in those countries. Instead of correcting this they simply run the 24 frame rate at 25. This means instead of getting 24 frames per second you are getting 25 frames and as a result the film is being run slightly faster. You can tell in the PAL DVD the tempo is just slightly sped up. Run the PAL DVD concert footage next to the Blu Ray footage and you will notice it runs a tad faster. Over the course of two hours you will "lose" 5 minutes due to this speed up.

NTSC is 30 frames or 29.97 frames per second. If you were to run a 24 frame per second film in 30 frames it would be sped up like chimpmunks, so they use a process to correct this so it runs at the normal rate on a 30 fps unit. 

The film is not edited, it is simply sped up to correct for the different tech standards in different countries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, emanon said:

I guess its not just that...In the end, when she uses the remote to end the film...the Mexico one is a bit longer than the european...I just discovered that. I guess there might be some more differences, not just the Pal and ntsc

Can you give an example of different/extended dialogue? Or is it just the run time? Again the NTSC version will be "normal" and the PAL will be sped up. Her voice will sound slightly different and the action will move slightly faster. Most don't notice it.

If the Mexico ending is longer, then I assume there is extra footage. If you can tell us what the extra footage is we can be sure there isn't somehow a diffrent edit floating about somehow

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just the PAL vs NTSC speed difference, it happened with all movies. In fact, it still funny to me to watch the Blu-Ray "normal" footage of the songs cause they seem, well, slow! Especially "Express Yourself". That version on the movie we had in Europe was sooo sped up. :tongue: I think it was already faster on the movie, so we got it even faster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 8:04 PM, #BelieveVictims said:

Mexico uses the NTSC system (like the US). Europe uses PAL. There's a running time difference, PAL runs faster. You'd see a similar difference for any two DVDs when you compare NTSC to PAL.

Was this the difference between the two on the double-sided Girlie Show DVD? I always wondered what the point of that was and never really looked it up. So on one version the footage is slightly sped up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 2:45 AM, James19709 said:

Was this the difference between the two on the double-sided Girlie Show DVD? I always wondered what the point of that was and never really looked it up. So on one version the footage is slightly sped up?

Live concerts are not speed up. Pal & NTSC versions have the same speed, but the original footage loses frames with the conversion (barely noticeable in old CRT TV).

If the original footage was recorded in NTSC format, buy the NTSC version. If the original footage was recorded in PAL format, buy the PAL version.

PS: My Girlie Show DVD has one side with the audio in Stereo, and the other side with the audio in 5.1

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...