Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

When they upload albums to steaming, they need to upload the actual albums and not redo them how they want to.

If they want to add bonus tracks for streaming, by all means, but they change the versions on a lot of older albums on streaming and it sucks.

There is no conspiracy with Lucky Star. 

1 minute ago, BuggedOut said:

When they upload albums to steaming, they need to upload the actual albums and not redo them how they want to.

If they want to add bonus tracks for streaming, by all means, but they do it to a lot of older albums on streaming and it sucks.

There is no conspiracy with Lucky Star. 

The first three albums remastered in 2001 had two bonus tracks each so it makes sense they do the same for the streaming. What we don't understand is IC where LS and Borderline are the wrong versions.

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

The US remix of Lucky Star thing is understandable but I do believe they should have made it a bonus track with the album version of Borderline (mistakenly labeled as remix).

Yes, as it's actually the album version.  But it still isn't the right version that was on the IC physical formats.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the LS version on streaming/digital platforms may have something to do with that remix being available on the DVD versions of IC. It would make sense.

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know what the thought process was when they did it. They messed it up so much. Hopefully the reissue will fix it.

I'm not really that bothered by versions they use on streaming, but when it comes to the re-issues of the physical formats, it better be what was on them originally.  If they want to add those remixes/edits as bonus then I'm perfectly ok with that too. Though, I am not too convinced Immaculate Collection will get an expansive re-release. 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

I'm not really that bothered by versions they use on streaming, but when it comes to the re-issues of the physical formats, it better be what was on them originally.  Though, I am not too convinced Immaculate Collection will get an expansive re-release. 

Who knows? We got promo mixes and even Edit Two of Fever on the Rain EP so I am just hoping we get, aside from a good remaster of the album, more tracks from the Warner Vault.

You’re giving them too much credit gurls. It’s just a basic fuck up. Nobody needs a seven minute version of Lucky Star on a concise greatest hits aimed at the locals. 
It’s just sloppy curating. 
In terms of the missing tracks the promo collections from 83-90 had Keep It Together, Dress You Up and Who’s That Girl but omitted Crazy For You, Into The Groove and Live To Tell. 
the 83-89 had Into The Groove instead of Keep It Together. 
These have always seemed like the prototype for Immaculate to me pre a sound though. 

True Blue was obviously never in the running at divorce stage but Dress You Up and Who’s That Girl obviously seemed to be. Causing A Commotion is oddly absent as someone said it was a big hit and on the Blond Ambition tour. Maybe Nikki Harris soured Madonnas love for it by the end of the tour after stealing her monologue lol. 

6 hours ago, Roy said:

The first three albums remastered in 2001 had two bonus tracks each so it makes sense they do the same for the streaming. What we don't understand is IC where LS and Borderline are the wrong versions.

I think whoever uploaded or submitted the versions for digital release got confused by the labeling and fucked up.

Lucky Star and Borderline tend to have rather confusing labels that even her fans can't really get the hang of after discussing and dissecting them for a while.

I just hope they will fix that along with the horrid Borderline single they uploaded.

46 minutes ago, steady75 said:

You’re giving them too much credit gurls. It’s just a basic fuck up. Nobody needs a seven minute version of Lucky Star on a concise greatest hits aimed at the locals. 
It’s just sloppy curating. 
In terms of the missing tracks the promo collections from 83-90 had Keep It Together, Dress You Up and Who’s That Girl but omitted Crazy For You, Into The Groove and Live To Tell. 
the 83-89 had Into The Groove instead of Keep It Together. 
These have always seemed like the prototype for Immaculate to me pre a sound though. 

True Blue was obviously never in the running at divorce stage but Dress You Up and Who’s That Girl obviously seemed to be. Causing A Commotion is oddly absent as someone said it was a big hit and on the Blond Ambition tour. Maybe Nikki Harris soured Madonnas love for it by the end of the tour after stealing her monologue lol. 

True Blue wasn't going to be a single at first. It became one at the very last minute when radio stations started playing it on its own. I don't think she considered it an actual single for a long time. Madonna has also neglected it for ages because it reminded her of Sean, that's true.

Anyway, looking at the tracklist of TIC, it's quite apparent that they only included songs that had somewhat proper music videos (with the exception of Holiday). Causing a Commotion didn't really have a true music video and neither did Dress You Up and Keep It Together. Those three songs are also a little bit less remembered than the others for that exact reason. I think Madonna knew, even back then, that the songs with videos would end up standing the test of time more than the others.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

True Blue wasn't going to be a single at first. It became one at the very last minute when radio stations started playing it on its own. I don't think she considered it an actual single for a long time. Madonna has also neglected it for ages because it reminded her of Sean, that's true.

Anyway, looking at the tracklist of TIC, it's quite apparent that they only included songs that had somewhat proper music videos (with the exception of Holiday). Causing a Commotion didn't really have a true music video and neither did Dress You Up and Keep It Together. Those three songs are also a little bit less remembered than the others for that exact reason. I think Madonna knew, even back then, that the songs with videos would end up standing the test of time more than the others.

I do agree with you on that but wouldn't it be fascinating to think of the possible outtakes IC had before the final tracklisting was done? Who knows? I am betting that Everybody was on the running before discarded. Then again, it's pure guessing.

4 hours ago, Roy said:

I do agree with you on that but wouldn't it be fascinating to think of the possible outtakes IC had before the final tracklisting was done? Who knows? I am betting that Everybody was on the running before discarded. Then again, it's pure guessing.

I’m with you. It’s interesting to think about!

IMO tracks on the Holiday Collection EP are probably the ones that were in the running but did not even get the remix/edit treatment by Pettibone/Shimkin/Hotoda hence why they collected them in their original album and single (CAC) versions. I think it's in the Erotica Diaries Pettibone said the process was exhausting because they had very little time to do it and adding the Q Sound mix to the tracks was, at the time, rather complicated so i don't believe there's any outtakes other than alternate versions/tests of what we had.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s kind of insane Who’s That Girl wasn’t on TIC. But every song that is there deserves to be there imo.

Im curious actually why they didn’t fill the full 80 minute CD to capacity. Am I correct in believing CD’s could only fit 74 minutes originally?

I cannot believe that a number one song was scrapped.  A number one, not even a top ten.  Who's that Girl deserves Immaculate justice.  I get it, al of her hits just wouldn't fit but it was a number one song.  Madonna did it again with Causing a Commotion on Finally Enough Love.  Maybe she just despises that era.  

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s kind of insane Who’s That Girl wasn’t on TIC. But every song that is there deserves to be there imo.

Im curious actually why they didn’t fill the full 80 minute CD to capacity. Am I correct in believing CD’s could only fit 74 minutes originally?

Yes, as far as I know they used all the disc capacity. It was Who’s That Girl or Rescue Me! 

"Who's That Girl" was a #1 single but linked obviously to a recent flop movie. She was still seriously pushing for a long acting career and "Dick Tracy" had been a huge success that summer, so maybe she simply wasn't interested in reminding people of "Who's That Girl", the project, in 1990.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Who's That Girl" was a #1 single but linked obviously to a recent flop movie. She was still seriously pushing for a long acting career and "Dick Tracy" had been a huge success that summer, so maybe she simply wasn't interested in reminding people of "Who's That Girl", the project, in 1990.

They included Crazy for You from a movie nobody saw so I don’t think that’s the reason.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Not the same situation at all. "Crazy For You" and her little cameo in the movie didn't make Madonna look bad in 1990. "Who's That Girl" definitely did.

Including an international #1 wouldn’t make anyone look bad.

I don’t think that’s the reason, but who knows!

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Who's That Girl would have followed La Isla Bonita on TIC and they sound rather similar, so that may be another reason why it wasn’t there.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW