Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

What single is least likely to get a digital release? 

I think there are plenty of candidates…

Crazy For You - no additional Madonna mixes/edits/instrumentals from 1985 release. I find it hard to imagine they will release the 1991 UK single track listing digitally

Over and Over - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals on the Italy only single 

Into the Groove - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals of the track from the 1985 release. Might be included with Angel edits and mixes as the original double A-side? 

The Look of Love - just the LP version of the song and also of the b-sides taken from Madonna and LAV

Spotlight - Japan only single, all material from You Can Dance / You Can Dance single edits on digital already

Oh Father - would they bother just for the 7” edit from the US original release for an obscure single? It would get mopped up by a special edition of Like A Prayer anyway

Dear Jessie - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals of the song or any of the b-sides 

The Holiday Collection - if it had been released in the US, it would probably be on digital already 

One More Chance - the only exclusive track is Spanglish version of You’ll See, which could easily go on a You’ll See digital single or expanded version of Something to Remember 

You Must Love Me - is the single version with the longer intro even on their radar to make available digital?

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - everything is on Evita soundtrack and the Miami Mix of Argentina was on the Argentina mixes EP already

29 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

My guess would be The First Album reissue unless the True Blue single gets released first and then my bets are on the digital True Blue single.

I would very much like it to be included on a First Album reissue as I feel it fits best with those tracks. You can tell so clearly that it was recorded at same time as those songs.

A True Blue EP is a good call too though. 

3 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Crazy For You - no additional Madonna mixes/edits/instrumentals from 1985 release. I find it hard to imagine they will release the 1991 UK single track listing digitally 

I do sometimes wish they would release the original version w/the longer ending. I mean if they could dig up Gambler… But alas, the Immaculate edit has pretty much erased it.

56 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

What are everyone’s predictions for how Ain’t No Big Deal will finally arrive on digital?

album special edition bonus track or on a Dress You Up or Papa Don’t Preach of True Blue single? 

Dress You Up:

1. Dress You Up
  2. Dress You Up (The 12" Formal Mix)
  3. Dress You Up (The Casual Instrumental)

Papa Don't Preach:

1. Papa Don't Preach
  2. Papa Don't Preach (Extended Remix)
  3. Ain't No Big Deal

True Blue:

1. True Blue
  2. True Blue (Remix Edit)
  3. True Blue (The Color Mix)
  4. True Blue (Instrumental)

They will probably add it to Papa Don’t Preach instead of the original US b-side “Pretender”. I'm also predicting that they will forget about:

• Dress You Up (Remix Edit)
  • Papa Don't Preach (Edit)
  • True Blue (Edit)
24 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Why is it labeled Lucky Star (Remixes) on Spotify? 

Hmm are we about to get the debut in its original name and sleeve design as part of the 40th?

I think they are just being inconsistent/clueless with these releases.

13 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I do sometimes wish they would release the original version w/the longer ending. I mean if they could dig up Gambler… But alas, the Immaculate edit has pretty much erased it.

Yes it is annoying when these things happen on streaming. If they do anything with Crazy For You it will be the edit and never the original length version that was on the 7” and Visionquest OST 

12 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Dress You Up:

1. Dress You Up
  2. Dress You Up (The 12" Formal Mix)
  3. Dress You Up (The Casual Instrumental)

Papa Don't Preach:

1. Papa Don't Preach
  2. Papa Don't Preach (Extended Remix)
  3. Ain't No Big Deal

True Blue:

1. True Blue
  2. True Blue (Remix Edit)
  3. True Blue (The Color Mix)
  4. True Blue (Instrumental)

They will probably add it to Papa Don’t Preach instead of the original US b-side “Pretender”. I'm also predicting that they will forget about:

• Dress You Up (Remix Edit)
  • Papa Don't Preach (Edit)
  • True Blue (Edit)

I think they are just being inconsistent/clueless with these releases.

Papa Don’t Preach and True Blue are just fades, right?

4 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Yes it is annoying when these things happen on streaming. If they do anything with Crazy For You it will be the edit and never the original length version that was on the 7” and Visionquest OST 

And on the amazing Japanese Singles Collection from 1996. :luv:

59 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Over and Over - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals on the Italy only single 

Into the Groove - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals of the track from the 1985 release. Might be included with Angel edits and mixes as the original double A-side? 

The Look of Love - just the LP version of the song and also of the b-sides taken from Madonna and LAV

Spotlight - Japan only single, all material from You Can Dance / You Can Dance single edits on digital already

Oh Father - would they bother just for the 7” edit from the US original release for an obscure single? It would get mopped up by a special edition of Like A Prayer anyway

Dear Jessie - no additional mixes/edits/instrumentals of the song or any of the b-sides 

The Holiday Collection - if it had been released in the US, it would probably be on digital already 

One More Chance - the only exclusive track is Spanglish version of You’ll See, which could easily go on a You’ll See digital single or expanded version of Something to Remember 

You Must Love Me - is the single version with the longer intro even on their radar to make available digital?

Another Suitcase in Another Hall - everything is on Evita soundtrack and the Miami Mix of Argentina was on the Argentina mixes EP already

They are most likely gonna put out as much as they can. I'm thinking they might dig out some instrumentals for the singles with not enough bonus tracks. Here's what I think might happen:

Holiday [2023 Remaster]:

1. Holiday (7" Edit)
  2. Holiday (12" Version)
  3. [Holiday (12" Instrumental) - This leaked a few years ago]

Like a Virgin [2024 Remaster]:

1. Like a Virgin
  2. Like a Virgin (Extended Dance Mix)
  3. [Like a Virgin (Instrumental) - This is actually available on SingStar but nearly impossible to rip.]

Material Girl [2024 Remaster]:

1. Material Girl
  2. Material Girl (Extended Dance Mix)
  3. [Material Girl (Instrumental) - A so called "Instrumental Mix" from a promo CD leaked ages ago.]

Crazy for You:

1. Crazy for You (7" Edit) - This is the same as the video version and was released on all 7" formats. The version on STR tried to reconstruct it but fades out later than the original.
  2. Crazy for You (Soundtrack Version) - The full length version of the song. Only available on the Vision Quest OST and the La Isla Bonita Super Mix EP.

both of these versions are not available on streaming and are nearly impossible to find on any Madonna release. They could slap an instrumental on this release but I doubt they will. It might just end up being a two-track single.

Angel:

1. Angel (Edit)
  2. Angel (Dance Mix Edit)
  3. Angel (Extended Dance Mix)
  4. Burning Up (Remix)

If they go for Angel / Into the Groove as dual single, then I'm expecting the original LP version of Burning Up to appear on the Madonna re-issue.

Into the Groove:

1. Into the Groove (Edit) - The video version is actually a 7" Edit.
  2. Into the Groove
  3. Everybody (Album Edit)

This one is probably the single least likely to get an individual streaming release.

Over and Over, Spotlight & The Look of Love won't get a re-release unless they come up with something to make a re-release truly worth it.

Oh Father

1. Oh Father (7" Edit)
  2. Oh Father (Full-Length Unmixed)
  3. Spanish Eyes

They are most likely gonna remove the old anniversary edition of Like a Prayer. In that case, this single release, especially if they decide to dig up the unmixed version, would be worth a release.

Dear Jessie

1. Dear Jessie (Fade)
  2. Oh Father (Full-Length Unmixed)
  3. Till Deaths Do Us Part

Same as Oh Father.

The re-releases from The Immaculate Collection as well as The Holiday Collection won't see the light of day.

One More Chance

1. One More Chance
  2. You'll See (Spanglish Version #1)
  3. You'll See (Spanglish Version #2)

[One More Chance (Fade) - Promo only]

I think that’s enough to warrant a streaming release.

You Must Love Me

1. You Must Love Me (Single Version)
  2. Rainbow High
  3. You Must Love Me / I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You (Orchestral Version)

I think that’s enough to warrant a streaming release.

Another Suitcase In Another Hall / Buenos Aires

1. Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  2. Buenos Aires (Te Amo Radio Version)
  3. Buenos Aires (Te Amo Single Edit)
  4. Buenos Aires (Te Amo 12" Extended Vocal Version)
  5. Buenos Aires (Te Amo Instrumental)
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall - Radio Edit 
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall - TV Radio Edit 
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall - Master Mix
  •  Another Suitcase In Another Hall - TV Mix

I’m pretty sure they are going to replace the original b-sides with the Buenos Aires remixes. What’s definitely not on their radar are the promo versions.

44 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

There are more versions of Crazy For You than you think:

Crazy For You - 7" Edit 3:58 (This was actually released on all 7" releases of the single)

Crazy For You 4:12 (The original OST Version)

Crazy For You 4:04 (The 1995 Edit from STR)

All three versions are not uploaded on streaming. The only version you can find there is the 1990 Q-Sound Mix from TIC.

26 minutes ago, MPowered said:

There are more versions of Crazy For You than you think:

Crazy For You - 7" Edit 3:58 (This was actually released on all 7" releases of the single)

Crazy For You 4:12 (The original OST Version)

Crazy For You 4:04 (The 1995 Edit from STR)

All three versions are not uploaded on streaming. The only version you can find there is the 1990 Q-Sound Mix from TIC.

So the version on the 40 Japanese CD single is the original OST version (4:12). Another mistake in the japanese boxset... :suffer:

Just now, BuggedOut said:

I love my Japanese Singles Collection CD Box! :luv:

Yes. I love it too. But I bought it for the 7’’ versions of Open Your Heart, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer… And they were album versions. Yes, it has very rare edits on CD but it’s not perfect.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW