Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

11 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

My Aussie friend, I take the opportunity to thank you for your warning point you gave me yesterday - I really crossed a line and took a wrong path and I recognize that, I ask sorry to all Infiniters and the deceased person's family for my gross joke - a sane person must know the limit when it comes to mock people who aren't even unable to defend themselves. I will measure better my wording because the least I wanna do here is to sound disrespectful esp to people who haven't earned anything to deserve such treatment. It's not a question of fixing a mistake, but of putting ethics and empathy above any desire of being "edgy" when in fact there's no class to such "edgy" attitude. My sincere apologies with my whole heart.

Thank you and accepted- let's enjoy the community :)

On 3/9/2024 at 4:04 PM, wtg1987 said:

Where’s the fun in that ? It’s our jobs to be impatient and then moan that we don’t get what we all want - I just find it odd how people obsess over stuff we’ve heard millions of times and now and people  just want it on there phones ??

Yes some people prefer to legally listen to their music, while not having a bunch of cd singles purchased in order to do that.  What's wrong with that?

11 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

Ok, so officially, the only difference between the Orbit Remix and the Orbit Alternative Remix is the length? Are there other differences in terms of production? Im not noticing any. Just wondering what the point of releasing two very similar mixes and calling on "Alternate" when, really, theres just no fade out.

Same thing with the Beach and Groove mixes? What the hell are the differences?

Also, anyone notice distorsions in the Groove Mix in some points at 1:43 and 4:03?

I think I'm noticing a slight difference in the drums between the Orbit Remix and Alternative.  Compare at 1:17 right before and during the word "Inside."  It's so subtle it's almost nonexistent.  I think he just very slightly tweaked some of the sounds but kept the basic remix the same.

22 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

The reason why lenght is different is because of the way cds were mastered, since the files on Something to remember were from different sources to homogenize the album they had to use a higher bitrate which can cause some tracks to get slower. This is due to lens of the players being programmed to read at a unique speed. It's very obvious on You Can Dance, the tracks are slower than their original speed. So I'll Remember is the same cut but the uploaded file is not from cd source, probably master.

That's not entirely true. True, they are from different sources but the bitrate doesn't affect the speed at all. Everything is done in the mastering process.

What you're hearing or not hearing moreover is the pre-gap after the track. If you turn up the volume on the track you'll hear there is simply two seconds of silence on Something To Remember; hence running times of 4:20 and 4:23.

A limiter applied to normalise and different volume levels will also affect how you hear a fade out; dither etc.

2 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

That's not entirely true. True, they are from different sources but the bitrate doesn't affect the speed at all. Everything is done in the mastering process.

What you're hearing or not hearing moreover is the pre-gap after the track. If you turn up the volume on the track you'll hear there is simply two seconds of silence on Something To Remember; hence running times of 4:20 and 4:23.

A limiter applied to normalise and different volume levels will also affect how you hear a fade out; dither etc.

So are you're saying, they are the same versions?

17 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

I feel like they HAVE to release "Into The Groove" on it's own. It's such a classic, not just a Madonna classic. And it was released as it's own single in several countries, so it's not like they'd really be revising history or anything. 

I agree, although it doesn't seem they actually follow the European discography when releasing a digital ep, mostly seems to be the US one. The only exception was Drowned World I think. They skipped Crazy for you unfortunately and we missed the full version... so why would they release ITG when the full version is online already?

As for Live to tell I guess the tracklist might be this?:

Live To Tell (lp version)5:49

Live To Tell (Edit)4:37

Live To Tell (Instrumental)5:49

39885f322fc3db32f336b3b237fb61f7.jpg

1 hour ago, Erotico said:

I agree, although it doesn't seem they actually follow the European discography when releasing a digital ep, mostly seems to be the US one. The only exception was Drowned World I think. They skipped Crazy for you unfortunately and we missed the full version... so why would they release ITG when the full version is online already?

As for Live to tell I guess the tracklist might be this?:

Live To Tell (lp version)5:49

Live To Tell (Edit)4:37

Live To Tell (Instrumental)5:49

39885f322fc3db32f336b3b237fb61f7.jpg

It should be that tracklist, yes, there are no more official versions of the song - except for the Q-Sound "Immaculate" mix and the live ones, but they don't belong there.

This I’ll remember single is the best one in ages. I absolutely love it

so the only big one we’re still missing is Die Another Day right? That one’s strange, since they’ve released all of the soundtrack ones and the American life ones (I suppose there will be no reissue of that album) so it should be out this year I would guess. 

after that I think some more could pop up but that’s the only big one missing (or am I missing another one?

6 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

This I’ll remember single is the best one in ages. I absolutely love it

so the only big one we’re still missing is Die Another Day right? That one’s strange, since they’ve released all of the soundtrack ones and the American life ones (I suppose there will be no reissue of that album) so it should be out this year I would guess. 

after that I think some more could pop up but that’s the only big one missing (or am I missing another one?

Crazy For You  
Who's That Girl  
Causing A Commotion
The Look Of Love
This Used To Be My Playground
You Must Love Me
Another Suitcase In Another Hall (lol)
Die Another Day

That's all the remaining soundtrack singles. So quite a lot actually.

44 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Crazy For You  
Who's That Girl  
Causing A Commotion
The Look Of Love
This Used To Be My Playground
You Must Love Me
Another Suitcase In Another Hall (lol)
Die Another Day

That's all the remaining soundtrack singles. So quite a lot actually.

The look of love doesn't need a release as much as Another suitcase would in a combo with Buenos Aires remixes!

I'd say the main ones remaining singles are these 12 (we should making it by November to finally complete it all)

Crazy For You - March 2, 1985

Angel - April 10, 1985

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986* 

This Used To Be My Playground - June 16, 1992

Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987

Dress You Up - July 24, 1985 (US)

Cherish - August 1, 1989*

Causing A Commotion - August 25, 1987

True Blue - September 17, 1986* (UK) / October 9, 1986 (US)

Die Another Day - October 22, 2002

Like A Virgin - October 31, 1984

Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986*

2 hours ago, Erotico said:

The look of love doesn't need a release as much as Another suitcase would in a combo with Buenos Aires remixes!

I'd say the main ones remaining singles are these 12 (we should making it by November to finally complete it all)

Crazy For You - March 2, 1985

Angel - April 10, 1985

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986* 

Dress You Up - July 24, 1985 (US)

Cherish - August 1, 1989*

True Blue - September 17, 1986* (UK) / October 9, 1986 (US)

Die Another Day - October 22, 2002

Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986*

This is what I‘m thinking:

On 3/8/2024 at 9:35 PM, MPowered said:

These are the single releases we can probably expect this year.

MARCH

Live To Tell - March 26, 1986

APRIL

Angel / Into The Groove - April 10, 1985

MAY

-

JUNE (Those dates fall on a Friday each)

Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986 June 30 is the True Blue anniversary

JULY

Into The Groove - July 15, 1985 Fully expecting this one to be merged with Angel
Dress You Up - July 24, 1985

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989

SEPTEMBER

Holiday - September 7, 1983

OCTOBER

True Blue - October 9, 1986 (US)
Die Another Day - October 22, 2002

NOVEMBER

Open Your Heart - November 12, 1986

DECEMBER

-

I'm not expecting these singles to appear on streaming anytime soon unless they find a way to squeeze them in or make their trackless more "consumer-friendly".

• Crazy For You
  • One More Chance
  • Another Suitcase In Another Hall
  • Oh Father
  • You Must Love Me
  • The Look Of Love
  • Dear Jessie

On 3/9/2024 at 11:55 AM, steady75 said:

Into The Groove has actually had a lot of stuff on its various formats 

• "Into the Groove" (Single Version) – 4:43
  • "Shoo-Bee-Doo" (LP Version) – 5:16
  • "Physical Attraction" (Single Edit) – 3:55
  • "Who's That Girl" (Extended Version) – 6:29
  • "Causing a Commotion" (Silver Screen Mix) – 6:39
  • "Into the Groove" (Extended Remix) – 8:31
  • "Into the Groove" (Remix Dub) – 6:22
  • "Everybody" (Extended Remix) – 7:06
  • "Everybody" (LP Version) – 4:52
  • Into The Hollywood Groove

I so hope it gets its only release and isn't lumped in with Angel as this artwork is just too Iconic. 

Madonna_-_Into_the_Groove.png

What I wish for:

1. Into the Groove

2. Everybody (LP Edit)

3. Shoo-Bee-Doo

4. Into the Groove (Video Edit)

5. Into the Groove (Movie Mix)

Oh wow I never realised the video version is an edit of the song. its like nearly a minute shorter than the single mix but still includes the best bit "now I know your mine" unlike the Immaculate Collection version. I will never forgive Shep for that horrendous edit.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Oh wow I never realised the video version is an edit of the song. its like nearly a minute shorter than the single mix but still includes the best bit "now I know your mine" unlike the Immaculate Collection version. I will never forgive Shep for that horrendous edit.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Would you consider a video edit an official edit?

If there ever was a 7" Edit of it, the video edit would be it.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW