MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

43 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Interesting, but I don't think it's real. 

Madonna isn't one to have dance remixes of her demos...

Oh dear I said "it seems it's leaked," not "it actually has leaked," get my picture?

After all have you even read the title of the account who posted this video? Here some shots if you don't feel like going there:

1545464153_Screenshot_20231129_124436_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ffcc1a41cf682bf479da72026e6e891d.jpg

1241132515_Screenshot_20231129_124450_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.03fa69fa371c49226b86d2ed2ac45774.jpg Btw good tip, @Would You Like To Try, I'll subscribe them.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Oh dear I said "it seems it's leaked," not "it actually has leaked," get my picture?

After all have you even read the title of the account who posted this video? Here some shots if you don't feel like going there:

1545464153_Screenshot_20231129_124436_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ffcc1a41cf682bf479da72026e6e891d.jpg

1241132515_Screenshot_20231129_124450_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.03fa69fa371c49226b86d2ed2ac45774.jpg Btw good tip, @Would You Like To Try, I'll subscribe them.

I follow him since he started and I know these are made with filtered stems btw I love his work

8 hours ago, Celebration said:

Interesting, but I don't think it's real. 

Madonna isn't one to have dance remixes of her demos...

Not only that, it's not been officially released by Madonna.  Patrick Leonard leaked it purposely to devalue the cassette on auction of some of his/Madonna demos. 

8 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Not only that, it's not been officially released by Madonna.  Patrick Leonard leaked it purposely to devalue the cassette on auction of some of his/Madonna demos. 

A lossless copy would have helped too but I thank him so much for what he did I say that because many people probably still wanted a lossless download of the tracks

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

Well, what @wtg1987asked for? Shall we recapitulate?

And afaik M hasn't so far "officially released" any LAP demo.

Btw, I know Pat's actions. Hence why I chose this specific LAP demo. Many thanks.

19 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Of course I went to the Youtube profile and checked it out. 

But you said it seemed to have leaked. How can it be a leak when it's just a fan remixing a demo?

Anyway. Thanks for confirming what I said.

Have a nice day. :)

The podcaster you don't like went to some Cher thing in London, where she talked about her new Christmas albm.

Some people from Warner were there too, and he chatted with them. 

They thanked him for the podcast, and he askd them about reissues... And now his lips are sealed! :thinker:

I'm telling ya. Something's cooking in Madonna's kitchen... :08:

21 minutes ago, Celebration said:

The podcaster you don't like went to some Cher thing in London, where she talked about her new Christmas albm.

Some people from Warner were there too, and he chatted with them. 

They thanked him for the podcast, and he askd them about reissues... And now his lips are sealed! :thinker:

I'm telling ya. Something's cooking in Madonna's kitchen... :08:

Is this from the Into to the Groove podcaster (Teddy from the old (early 2000's) Madonnarama website?

And I agree, the re-issues are coming.  It's just not coming in the timely manner some fans prefer it.  I'm still predicting LAV will be the first.

32 minutes ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I would love to see Madonna's albums repackaged in a similar fashion to Kylie Minogue's early albums. They did such a great job and I love the packaging. Imagine getting Madonna's albums packaged with a CD, DVD, Vinyl, and Poster like these? I love box sets! 

We have to keep in mind many of the hardcore fans would nitpick this as Madonna fans would do the same of a similar package.  But I agree with your sediment. If LAV is being re-issued as a expanded deluxe edition in 2024 to celebrate it's 40th anniversary, then it would be great if they included everything that was happening between '84 and '85, including the Virgin Tour.  I can't believe that they don't have a good copy of the omitted songs from Virgin Tour. 

My guess "Into the Groove" would be included among a deluxe version.  I can't really say that other demo songs happening during this period would show up, but it would be one hell of a package if  "Warning Signs" and other demos from Desperately Seeking Susan were included.  I'm not going to get my hopes up though.  I think a properly remastered album with Into the Groove would be suffice if they include the tour on DVD as well. Though, I don't think some fans will be ever satisfied no matter what they do.  But including a couple demos (never heard) could win most fans over.

37 minutes ago, McDonna said:

We have to keep in mind many of the hardcore fans would nitpick this as Madonna fans would do the same of a similar package.  But I agree with your sediment. If LAV is being re-issued as a expanded deluxe edition in 2024 to celebrate it's 40th anniversary, then it would be great if they included everything that was happening between '84 and '85, including the Virgin Tour.  I can't believe that they don't have a good copy of the omitted songs from Virgin Tour. 

My guess "Into the Groove" would be included among a deluxe version.  I can't really say that other demo songs happening during this period would show up, but it would be one hell of a package if  "Warning Signs" and other demos from Desperately Seeking Susan were included.  I'm not going to get my hopes up though.  I think a properly remastered album with Into the Groove would be suffice if they include the tour on DVD as well. Though, I don't think some fans will be ever satisfied no matter what they do.  But including a couple demos (never heard) could win most fans over.

It's really not difficult to do and it would sell like hot cakes. If it doesn't happen we can safely say Madonna just doesn't want to do it. Designing one of these is not hard, they also definitely have demos sitting in a vault and Nile Rodgers could easily remaster them as he's offered already. The Virgin Tour was shot on tape so a full HD remaster is possible and the editing wasn't crazy back then, so it wouldn't be hard to re-edit it after remastering. The Material Girl music video has been upscaled already as well, so it's really just Like a virgin that needs upscaling now. They could include those two videos too.

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

Is this from the Into to the Groove podcaster (Teddy from the old (early 2000's) Madonnarama website?

And I agree, the re-issues are coming.  It's just not coming in the timely manner some fans prefer it.  I'm still predicting LAV will be the first.

If Like a virgin is the first, maybe they'll do Like a virgin, True blue, Like a prayer, Erotica, Ray of light, Music and Confessions on a dance floor? 

American Life already got the Mixshow Mix edition and it's probably all it's gonna get. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X will probably just get re-issued on vinyl from 2025 after they become Warner's. Madonna, Bedtime stories and Hard Candy will probably just get ignored.

Unless the first re-issue is Like a virgin and Madonna together?

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

It's really not difficult to do and it would sell like hot cakes. If it doesn't happen we can safely say Madonna just doesn't want to do it. Designing one of these is not hard, they also definitely have demos sitting in a vault and Nile Rodgers could easily remaster them as he's offered already. The Virgin Tour was shot on tape so a full HD remaster is possible and the editing wasn't crazy back then, so it wouldn't be hard to re-edit it after remastering. The Material Girl music video has been upscaled already as well, so it's really just Like a virgin that needs upscaling now. They could include those two videos too.

At the end of the day, I'm going to respect the artist's wishes because if the demos from this period don't show up (which I doubt they will), it's because she feels they aren't worthy enough.  I expect most fans would love to hear it anyway, but as soon as it's released, most fans with any sense would see why she held the songs back.  Not everything needs to be made public especially for an artist who is presenting them in a specific way. It doesn't matter how one perceived future releases that included songs they didn't like or enjoy.  At the end of the day, it's her vision and I suspect if some demos don't see the light of day until she dies, it's because she's not happy with the outcome. It's not like any of these songs resurfacing will chart, sell a lot or make a difference in her career. She's already an iconic star.  Whatever she does now, won't be remembered and best acknowledged as her earlier achievements.

Collectors who leak have probably been waiting for a while now out of respect to see what comes from the estate in terms of unreleased stuff. 
I predict once tracklist are revealed they’ll be a flurry of these tracks leaks early and potentially even stuff that didn’t make the collections. The fan base are ageing. There’s typically a sort of post commercial serenity where collectors realise the fan base is aging and interest will wane in the coming years so the floodgates open for a community to enjoy and share before it slowly dissipates into old age or the collector leaves this mortal plane.
A young fan will just never be able to remember the eras first hand and thus the leaked stuff just won’t hit the same. They may love it and appreciate it but it will inevitably mean more to those who lived through it first hand. 

10 hours ago, PrinceAli89 said:

I would love to see Madonna's albums repackaged in a similar fashion to Kylie Minogue's early albums. They did such a great job and I love the packaging. Imagine getting Madonna's albums packaged with a CD, DVD, Vinyl, and Poster like these? I love box sets! 

Well, you know these box sets were both a way to celebrate Kylie's silver jubilee in the industry (they were actually planned for release 3 years before they really got but their launch was postponed several times due to remastering difficulties, esp with MV's since all masters for PWL MV's got burned in a fire incident years ago) and the last chance for Pete Waterman to cash on Kylie's gold mine before he had to deliver her the masters for her entire PWL catalogue due to the deal Kylie signed to PWL thanks to Terry Blamey, right?

Madonna never has had something resembling to that. Except that to celebrate her departure from Warner she released Celebration GH and DVD video collection.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Collectors who leak have probably been waiting for a while now out of respect to see what comes from the estate in terms of unreleased stuff. 
I predict once tracklist are revealed they’ll be a flurry of these tracks leaks early and potentially even stuff that didn’t make the collections. The fan base are ageing. There’s typically a sort of post commercial serenity where collectors realise the fan base is aging and interest will wane in the coming years so the floodgates open for a community to enjoy and share before it slowly dissipates into old age or the collector leaves this mortal plane.
A young fan will just never be able to remember the eras first hand and thus the leaked stuff just won’t hit the same. They may love it and appreciate it but it will inevitably mean more to those who lived through it first hand. 

This makes a lot of sense. And it's already happening. Those demos/unreleased songs that haven't leaked or been released will have a lesser impact as time goes on. Fans like myself still will love it, but newer fans may not know much about it or won't be as enthused about as us earlier fans are. And you're right, if we're truly moving into re-issued deluxe versions of some of her albums, this is the time to release the demos/unreleased music.  Most older fans are willing to spend some money if she delivers something beyond just a re-issue of what's already out there.

1 hour ago, Cyberraga said:

Honestly, I would like to have tour recordings (audio and video) instead of demos added to reissues.

Yeah, I think the same way... I admit that it would be great to listen unknown songs but for me, a good re-edition of "Like a virgin" would be:

CD 1: The original album with a good remaster
CD 2: All the remixes from the singles with a good remaster too (they can be put in a CD, there are not much remixes) and "Into the Groove", "Crazy for you" and "Gambler".
DVD/Blu-ray: The complete "Virgin Tour" in HD with the official videos (remastered. I think that the upscales are good enough for youtube, they are for free, but if we pay I want more than that) and some performances of "Like a virgin" (at least the MTV one. I'd love to have all the others in HQ but I guess it could be boring for the general public).

About the demos... Of course I'd love to hear "Warning signs", "Desperately seeking Susan" but it's just because they know they exist. I mean, "Your Honesty" was a great surprise when it was released on "Remixed and revisited" but if it wasn't, well, nobody had the need or listen to them because people didn't know of it... So for me a complete edition of the official versions (promo and released) and the videos would be great enough...

4 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Well, you know these box sets were both a way to celebrate Kylie's silver jubilee in the industry (they were actually planned for release 3 years before they really got but their launch was postponed several times due to remastering difficulties, esp with MV's since all masters for PWL MV's got burned in a fire incident years ago) and the last chance for Pete Waterman to cash on Kylie's gold mine before he had to deliver her the masters for her entire PWL catalogue due to the deal Kylie signed to PWL thanks to Terry Blamey, right?

Madonna never has had something resembling to that. Except that to celebrate her departure from Warner she released Celebration GH and DVD video collection.

@Anapausis the human encyclopedia