MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

16 hours ago, rayofciccone said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that they are struggling to find the source for Ain’t No Big Deal for the debut anniversary reissue..

That’s the only logical explanation I’ve come up with 

Not at all... it's possible they are waiting for other landmark albums...  since other than hardcore fans who know the song was originally part of the First album, that the song only became available by 1985 and most didn't know until the next year of the song, more exclusively on the b-side from the single Papa Don't Preach, included on True Blue (1986)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I find it bizarre they didn't capitalise on her debut last summer like re release it with demos and songs remastered from that recording time and push for it to get to number 1 finally 

Wasted opportunity especially to coincide with tour 

madonna-web.jpg.abaf41e515a696a3012724bb26380fb5.jpg

That was my original thought.  I thought for sure they would, but the more I thought about it her true world landmark album is Like A Virgin. I know some fans still think her debut is, but it wasn't until LAV she became a household name around the world.  So it makes sense to start here... if that's happening.  If they don't then I will agree "wasted opportunity". 

2 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I find it bizarre they didn't capitalise on her debut last summer like re release it with demos and songs remastered from that recording time and push for it to get to number 1 finally 

Wasted opportunity especially to coincide with tour 

madonna-web.jpg.abaf41e515a696a3012724bb26380fb5.jpg

when she was hospitalized Guy's statement said ALL commitments including the tour (which was in the final weeks of rehearsals at the time) had to be postponed. it is logical to assume that the reissues were part of the other commitments

obviously M's focus is on the tour and completing it, she may turn her attention to the reissues / the biopic when the tour is concluded

Thank you sll

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

when she was hospitalized Guy's statement said ALL commitments including the tour (which was in the final weeks of rehearsals at the time) had to be postponed. it is logical to assume that the reissues were part of the other commitments

obviously M's focus is on the tour and completing it, she may turn her attention to the reissues / the biopic when the tour is concluded

Thank you all for replied 

Yeah I mean with launch of announcement of your would've been amazing to have had her debut reissued as it hadn't got to number 1 before so would've been like a new release to finally get it top spot ! I know she's typically not legacy artist but that could've been great fun as a lead into the tour maybe 

I know LAV was where she hit global success in a colossal way but her debut deserves such aknowledgemt that is how you do a debut where all 8 songs could've been a single really just brilliant scrappy pop hits gorgeously orchestrated ...gutting they didn't go for it to remind the world what a pioneer she was from day one 

3 minutes ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I know LAV was where she hit global success in a colossal way but her debut deserves such aknowledgemt that is how you do a debut where all 8 songs could've been a single really just brilliant scrappy pop hits gorgeously orchestrated ...gutting they didn't go for it to remind the world what a pioneer she was from day one 

I'm quite convinced nothing had been planned to be re-issued this past year as we were hoping.  We can only hope LAV re-issue is now what is going to kick off the re-issues.  I agree the first album deserves it's dues, but that really is from a fan perspective.  Madonna true landmark started with the masses with LAV.  Her debut laid the grounds and she grew more popular with each new single. But the real impact was when Like A Virgin the song was performed and released, leading up to the 1985 year of Madonna. It makes sense to start with this album, and we'll just have to see if that materializes sometime this year. I don't expect to see this happened until she's done with her tour though.

Meanwhile, my guess if Celebration album is being re-issued in March on vinyl this is all part of the deal as well!   I'm also curious to see if something is planned for LAP 35th which is soon coming up! :party:

1 hour ago, dave2290 said:

Love mdna

The album

The era

The tour

MDNA album had so much potential it was chaotic and rushed but stunning visuals GGW, I'm addicted, gang bang, beautiful killer, love spent, masterpiece, I fed up, I'm a sinner, I don't give a , falling free are all top tier songs 

77be28eb-8be2-4325-ad76-7f574541c4a3_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

1 hour ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

MDNA album had so much potential it was chaotic and rushed but stunning visuals GGW, I'm addicted, gang bang, beautiful killer, love spent, masterpiece, I fed up, I'm a sinner, I don't give a , falling free are all top tier songs 

77be28eb-8be2-4325-ad76-7f574541c4a3_alta-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Yes....and so many amazing songs..... It was the first album of M with so many songs.... Like rebel heart..... 

4 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Did the other re-released singles get a new remaster like this Material girl one is supposed to? It definitely seems like they may be gearing up for Like a Virgin to be the first one!

I think its because since all the remixes are already on streaming they need to spice things up a bit

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

MDNA grew on me so much in 2023. It's actually such a great album. I can't believe I got convinced otherwise for so long. Rebel Heart tho.... that mess aint never gonna grow :cry:

NOOOO I love MDNA but REBEL HEART is top tier 

LIVING FOR LOVE, GHOST TOWN, DEVIL PRAY, MESSIAH, INSIDE OUT, BODY SHOP, HOLY WATER, Heartbreak CITY, BORROWED TIME, JOAN OF ARC, BEAUTIFUL SCARS, HOLD TIGHT, ADDICTED, REBEL HEART are all top tier madonna 

My response to that bad take 💩

tumblr_p4el4y8C2d1u2gzw0o1_1280.jpg

3 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I think its because since all the remixes are already on streaming they need to spice things up a bit

That's probably the case, but didn't Lucky Star get remastered too?  I'm hoping (especially since Pretender was remastered) that it's a sign of something bigger coming from the LAV 40th Anniversary.