MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

We're still taking deluxe editions like it's still happening :Madonna049:

Keep up!  It's happening!  Obviously not fast enough for some! 

Anyway, I agree the two albums could be coupled in a way.  I don't expect a lot of "unreleased" or demos included.  And personally, I am not interested in slightly different version or edits.  Either be something totally unreleased, or pack it with the official mixes and video interviews, promo appearances and yes, the Virgin Tour in HQ.  Just adding "Borderline", "Angel" and "Burning Up" to the concert release would be sufficient for me. 

I refuse to set myself up to thinking they will include things we might not know about or demos.  And you can bet, no matter how good this does turn out, people will still complain. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I am definitely ready for the reissues.  I am sure that they will be phenomenal.  Madonna's catalog is stunning.  As long as we do not get something as ridiculous as Like a Prayer 30, it will be amazing. LAP 30 was an apostate.

"Personally curated" sounds both exciting and terrifying. What's her mood getting into this? 

On 1/29/2024 at 12:35 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

417502663_6887489988028934_7803131256755

from Mojo magazine feb 2024 issue about the reissues

'Madonna is expected to release 'personally curated' expanded versions of her 1983 debut and 1984's Like a Virgin next year'

does this mean we'll get the reissues next year in 2025? or before the end of this year??

I actually never considered this, but what if the reason we didn't get a re-issue of the first album last year is that they are going to combine The first album and Like a virgin into one re-issue? Pair it with the Virgin Tour (which promoted both albums) et voilà, they made up for the lack of bonus material in the vaults. 

A lot of fans would hate this but it kinda makes sense. Both albums became popular in 1984 after all. Most people didn't discover Borderline, Lucky star and Holiday until after Like a virgin came out.

Other albums can be independent.

Disc One: True Blue (2024 Remaster)

Disc Two: Vault tracks [Tell Me, Each Time You Break My Heart, Working My Fingers To The Bone, Spotlight (demo), Who's That Girl (2024 remaster), Causing a Commotion (2024 remaster), The Look of Love (2024 remaster), Can't Stop (2024 remaster)]

Disc Three: The Who's That Girl Tour bluray

Etc..

37 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

"Personally curated" sounds both exciting and terrifying. What's her mood getting into this? 

I wouldn't look too deep into this.  "Personally curated" can mean so much yet very little as well.  I would suspect the album re-issues are probably being worked on with a team of people and of course with anything, she probably is approving what is included (if there is any demos or unreleased material).  The thing is; she's the artist and she doesn't want any of her unreleased material or demos to be included, it must be respected because it may not be something she wishes to share.  Sure, a lot of fans would love that, but in most cases, her albums always have been about a specific direction if not a vision she had.  No artist really wants a record company to dictate what is on an album, but at the same time there is a give and take, being the record company could easily object and refuse to finance or promote the album.  I'm sure Warner/Rhino are working hard in trying to put together a  great package.  I'm just not sure it will include a lot of "extra" tracks we haven't heard before.

32 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I actually never considered this, but what if the reason we didn't get a re-issue of the first album last year is that they are going to combine The first album and Like a virgin into one re-issue? Pair it with the Virgin Tour (which promoted both albums) et voilà, they made up for the lack of bonus material in the vaults. 

A lot of fans would hate this but it kinda makes sense. Both albums became popular in 1984 after all. Most people didn't discover Borderline, Lucky star and Holiday until after Like a virgin came out.

I would suspect the pairing would not necessarily be packaged together, but it's possible the two could be available either simultaneously or just a few months apart.  After all, the first album's singes are still celebrating its 40th anniversary as those singles started to really blowing up in 1984.  Bordeline is soon to be embarking on it's 40th anniversary release and that is her first top 10, so it's possible that is what they are waiting on.  Kick things off with the 40th anniversary of Borderline being released or becoming top 10.  And the smart strategistic thing to do is market all this especially the LAV 40th Anniversary during the final quarter of the year when people are buying more music.  :)

I wouldn’t put it past her to have reworked those early demos into something new that spruce them up and keep that rock spin. A re record. Like Taylor has. She loves to keep things fresh. I can’t imagine a bunch of dusty poorly recorded demos from 81 would be her offering, but with Stuart back in the picture, (who loves that sort of stuff), I can defo see Drowning 2024 or Take Me I Want You remake. 
Id love that. 

@FabiolousI firmly believe the reason why Madonna 40th expanded, curated edition got shelved was her going to the ICU. I bet they'd have done the same to Madame X Tour vinyl hadn't it leaked previously earlier last year. Since fans got aware of the live audio 3LP, there wasn't any alternative but got it released officially before the owner of the leaked copy decided to make his own Madame X Tour vinyl bootlegs.

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Usually music labels push on artists to do remasters or compilations when they sense money. I remember P!nk label wanted to release a compilation but she wasn't interested in it however she had to do it anyway cause they would do that their way without her. Similar history with our beloved GHV2. Madonna wasn't interested either and Warner had their way. She had like "Fine, go with that shit and gimmie a break" attitude, then we got what we got. Back to curated remasters; Warner wanted to earn some cash on her back catalogue but they needed her to do that. She agreed on certain conditions and here we are. 

11 hours ago, McDonna said:

The thing is; she's the artist and she doesn't want any of her unreleased material or demos to be included, it must be respected because it may not be something she wishes to share.

That's fine by me, I want tour video recordings (and maybe eventually audio too)  more than demos. And that will make a reissue worthy itself. Fans should roll with fact no demos will be included. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I wouldn’t put it past her to have reworked those early demos into something new that spruce them up and keep that rock spin. A re record. Like Taylor has. She loves to keep things fresh. I can’t imagine a bunch of dusty poorly recorded demos from 81 would be her offering, but with Stuart back in the picture, (who loves that sort of stuff), I can defo see Drowning 2024 or Take Me I Want You remake. 
Id love that. 

Demos can be enhanced and tweaked a little bit... but God forbid her re recording demos or any other older songs with her current voice.

My ideas for the True Blue reissue in vinyl.

• Gatefold cover, with the cover picture in b&w inside.
  • 180gr remastered sound
  • 24 pages booklet 11x111" with, pics, lyrics and info about charts and world records 
  • All blue vinyls (different tones)
  • Vinyl 2 featuring: 1. Papa don´t preach extended (New Edit) + 2. Open Your heart Extened (New Edit) + 3. Live to tell instrumental + 4. True Blue Color Mix + 5. La Isla Bonita Extended +  6. Where´s the paty (Ciao Italia) + 7. Ain´t no Big Deal

11 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

• 180gr remastered sound
  • 24 pages booklet 11x111" with, pics, lyrics and info about charts and world records 
  • Vinyl 2 featuring: 1. Papa don´t preach extended (New Edit) + 2. Open Your heart Extened (New Edit) + 3. Live to tell instrumental + 4. True Blue Color Mix + 5. La Isla Bonita Extended +  6. Where´s the paty (Ciao Italia) + 7. Ain´t no Big Deal

Off Topic here but may I DM you to a completely not Madonna related thing? As you may know, I'm also from bixxcoito land.

Interesting discussions here 

Yeah I think none of us want her to do a Taylor swift and re record each of her early albums 

Best we wanted I think was her debut and demos getting remastered would've been fab to coincide with the tour ...but alas didn't happen and likely we won't really get it 

I was hoping we would get what Mariah did for her 30th a compilation of rarities on an album finally together presented like a new album ...but again didn't happen and likely won't 

18 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

• 180gr remastered sound

They would be crazy not to release Each time you break my heart AT THE VERY LEAST. Also, Ain't no big deal belongs on The First Album.

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, while we are at here, why not Pipeline and Working My Fingers to the Bone too??? And, yes, Spotlight too, right?

Yes, they should release them all. No point in having them rotting in the vault. However Each time you break my heart is already a famous hit and really a no brainer. Everyone would be talking about Madonna's version being released and it would really help sell the reissue. 

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Yes, they should release them all. No point in having them rotting in the vault. However Each time you break my heart is already a famous hit and really a no brainer. Everyone would be talking about Madonna's version being released and it would really help sell the reissue. 

I would agree with you if her demo was actually any good. Have you listened to the leaked version? Her vocal is dreadful on it.