MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

LOL you defend Warner so ardently. It's odd. Not to be mistaken, I'm glad she's back in Warner but I do still think the project is not well planned. 

There is no defending Warner here.  In fact, I am one who thinks WARNER really dropped the ball with her as far back as the Music album. Also, I tend to agree with the artist choices and vision rather a record company.  It's their art... their expression and through my life time I've listen to so many artists who have fought their record company due to them trying to control their output and change the artist in a direction they prefer not to go.  So of course, I will always side with the artist.

In this case, I simply understand the deal and have read through the press statement enough times that I understand what the deal is about.  It's just not about the re-issues which most fans are mainly focused on.  There is no deny that.  And while I understand why many are excited about that, I was equally excited to know that this deal goes beyond than just the re-issues. It's a matter of cultivating her back catalog.  Warner is wanting to whore her out her back catalog as much as possible, but you can bet Madonna will keep that from happening as much as she can.  She has every right because she doesn't want her music to be added to crap soundtracks, commercials and products she has nothing to do with.  Meanwhile, it allows her to be creative by curating releases like FEL and American Life Mix Show.  I have no doubt that Warner wanted her to release a Greatest Hits compilation with this deal and she negotiated FEL to celebrate her 50 #1's.   Either they knew she wouldn't go with a typical GH's , so they either suggested to her to release a compilation of her 50 dance hits or she or her management suggested it. Whatever the case, it was a masterful move. 

At the end of the day, Madonna has proven she's still in control. I don't believe she's interested in a typical expanded re-issue with demos and unreleased material. I don't believe she wants her original content to be added to with such extras.  Now that doesn't mean she won't end up doing so when the re-issues come along, but you can bet she will put a spin to it that most artists aren't capable of doing.

22 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

@McDonna you skipped The immaculate collection ATMOS. What about that? Was that part of the deal too?

Why wouldn't it be?  But let's let some others weigh in on this who have proven to understand the original press statement....

@GregVsMatt@GoneDoneFeel free to weigh in since some prefer to dismiss anything that they didn't like that has come of the deal so far. :)

1 hour ago, Gonzus said:

I don't think Madame X should count into the "spanning career" thing. It's a whole new release. And "Record store day" releases don't count either.

Certainly the MADAME X Experience and the record store releases count. They are under Warner/Rhino.  They are most definitely part of her "spanning career".  It seems to me you are choosing to pick and choose to argue a narrative you have of this deal which seems to ONLY be about the re-issues.  I suggest you re-read that deal.  I think others and myself have clearly outlined all that has come of the deal, but you seem to want to dismiss anything that doesn't fancy you.  Any project released through Warner/Rhino at this point is most definitely part of the deal as well. 

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I suggest you re-read that deal

I haven't read it and I won't. Such a bore. I have you for that. I'm flabbergasted at how ardently you defend the "deal" and Warner, it's almost endearing. 

Oh! You forgot to mention MDNA's empty 3D sleeve ...

Hey, I'm kidding wtih you, OK. Nothing's mean spirited.

1 hour ago, Gonzus said:

But they don't constitute "spanning-career" stuff. They're just new releases.

What are you talking about?  Read the actual press statement!!  It was released in 2021... two years after MX was released.  The deal is to include her WHOLE catalog.  What do you not understand about that?  LOL! They even mentioned that her Interscope albums would be included starting by 2025.  Why are you making this so difficult for yourself?   

You must be trolling!:ahh::ahh::04:

24 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

I haven't read it and I won't. Such a bore. I have you for that. I'm flabbergasted at how ardently you defend the "deal" and Warner, it's almost endearing. 

Oh! You forgot to mention MDNA's empty 3D sleeve ...

Hey, I'm kidding wtih you, OK. Nothing's mean spirited.

Oh good lord, you admit to not even reading it, and refusing to, only proves you aren't even trying to understand the deal!  :ahh:

"Ignorance is bliss"... you're simply...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952o5cqvo6h58c2bj7ym9t

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

What are you talking about?  Read the actual press statement!!  It was released in 2021... two years after MX was release.  The deal is to include her WHOLE catalog.  What do you not understand about that?  LOL! They even mentioned that her Interscope albums would be included starting by 2025.  Why are you making this so difficult for yourself?   You must be trolling! :ahh::ahh::04:

I respect you. It's a matter of different points of view. You seem to very very happy with the deal, whereas I'm not. It's that simple

7 hours ago, McDonna said:

Why wouldn't it be?  But let's let some others weigh in on this who have proven to understand the original press statement....

@GregVsMatt@GoneDoneFeel free to weigh in since some prefer to dismiss anything that they didn't like that has come of the deal so far. :)

Yes it was absolutely part of the deal - and we got some additional vocals on PDP too 

I'm not sure why you don't understand the deal or everything that has already been released and achieved under the deal @Gonzus

The good news is there are 270 pages in this thread where it has all been discussed including discussions around physical and digital releases as they happened so I would recommend you spend some time reading through it as may assist you to understand.

I'll also add that Madonna is a priority 1 artist for Rhino and additionally holds creative control over everything - they work for her and cannot proceed on anything including digital releases without her sign off. 

In terms of marketing outside of FEL, the campaigns have been digital across social media platforms and major fan run sites and social media pages / accounts have also been engaged to assist - and the special event releases of the deal have all been very successful and both M's team and Rhino are happy with the results 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes it was absolutely part of the deal - and we got some additional vocals on PDP too 

I'm not sure why you don't understand the deal or everything that has already been released and achieved under the deal @Gonzus

The good news is there are 270 pages in this thread where it has all been discussed including discussions around physical and digital releases as they happened so I would recommend you spend some time reading through it as may assist you to understand.

I'll also add that Madonna is a priority 1 artist for Rhino and additionally holds creative control over everything - they work for her and cannot proceed on anything including digital releases without her sign off. 

In terms of marketing outside of FEL, the campaigns have been digital across social media platforms and major fan run sites and social media pages / accounts have also been engaged to assist - and the special event releases of the deal have all been very successful and both M's team and Rhino are happy with the results 

Yeah, I'm bowing out of this conversation now because I believe between you, me and a few other who have over explained this to death, it's going on deaf ears. The deal seemed pretty cut and dry to me.  It's funny how some think this was only catered to the VINYL lovers when in actuality much of this deal up to now has mostly catered to the digital/streaming formats. Still, we did get multiple formats (including physical) for FEL and even MX Tour Experience. Thank you @GregVsMattfor chiming in, and always keeping the conversation respectful.  :)

I think we are respectful here - no one is insulting anyone it’s just a frustrating topic I think - there are some like I said before who are happy whatever she throws at us whereas others like me who are very disappointed so far - she will never please everyone at the end of the day I know this - even if they eventually announce an expanded album release there will still be people unsatisfied- she really should include the fans input though in to what we expect as a bare minimum but it will never happen - as a fan for many decades I would just like something definite that mirrors the Prince legacy releases which to me have the set bar high. Plus I would also like her amazing videography treated with better care rather than these lazy AI upscales 🥹

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

you don't understand the deal

Who said I don't understand the deal? I just don't like the way it's developed so far, it's disappointing, messy, confusing and lazy. Very little has been achieved in almost 3 years. And I won't change my mind, so I'd rather stop this amicable debate right here, it's pointless. I wouldn't like to hurt other people's feelings. I respect everybody's opinion.

Maybe instead of theorising we should just put our wish list for the supposed FA and LAV album reissues ? I will start 

FA

album remastered from original multi track ( not mastered by Mike dean)

all album and radio edits 

Full album instrumentals 

all remixes including vinyl only ones now digitised

dvd of all tv performances in highest quality with pcm stereo sound 

interview with Madonna on the dvd talking about making of album

All in a 12” size box set - cd and vinyl sets 

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

you admit to not even reading i

I remember I read a very short press statement from Warner a looooong time ago, announcing a big event that never came to pass. If that short, flimsy text was the deal itself, well, then I've read it. But If there's another deal whose content  I don't know of, 3-plus pages long, don't expect me to read that.

What we’ll get:

1. A ‘Like a Virgin’ blanket and empty hologram sleeve 2024

2. Celebration Tour film, over edited with filters on her face and close ups of grills 2025

3. Celebration live album released in 5 different coloured vinyls with different covers designed by Aldo Diaz 2025

4. New album of original material produced by Sickick and Mike Dean 2026

5. New world tour in Europe/US only 2027

looking at brit certification Madonna have still the power to sale big...... so where is the problem?

i hope they don't wait for anniversaries otherwise we need to wait decades.....

its because the sale are not like they want?

Madonna is focus on the tour so everything is in standby?

honestly when the press statement was out i was sure and i was waiting something big...... 

i was sure Madonna was ready to open her amazing archives and give us amazing songs, remixes, unreleased.......