MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

22 hours ago, maddy1111 said:

I basically agree with all that you are saying.. It's just that why she needs to do it now? Why fans are demanding her to do it at this moment? She is still pretty much very active singer/artist even in her 60s, she can basically be compared to any current singer. She is releasing new music, remixes, selling big arenas for her tours without any problem. 

When artists/singers start focusing on their back catalogue, it usually means they are not that much active in terms of new activities and rather settled with all these legacy acts (reissues, masters of their tours, another greatest hits albums, b-side collections etc.) 

For Madonna, it's too early, she still has multiple years of career ahead of her, probably last years of her active career (I don't want to sound atheist but age is an age and after hitting 70-75yo, it might change). So she might start doing all that you have written in 10 years from now, it would be perfect timing, but now.. I would prefer if she would drop any idea of "looking back" and give us as much new stuff as possible. We might as well get only one or two/three studio albums before it is all over (depends on how busy she will be in next few years with other activities such as movie, reissues) 

2 minutes ago, litemakr said:

I'm really more talking about preserving her legacy rather than exploiting or making money from it, If you look at acts like Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, the Beatles, etc. they have been releasing high quality special editions for the last 20 years while the surviving members are still making new music. Looking back on Madonna at her peak in a retrospective way that reappraises her critically and for her importance in music history while she is still alive should be a priority now IMO. If too much time goes by then there won't be as much interest even after she is gone.

I'd love to see some well done new documentaries about her 80s and 90s eras with interviews with people like Pat Leonard, Steven Bray,  Nile Rogers, Step Pettibone, William Orbit, Jellybean, etc, etc. while they are all still alive. Something like the Beatles Anthology documentaries., We really dont have anything like that. And imagine uncut HD versions of the Virgin Tour, Truth or Dare, Blond Ambition, etc. along with comprehensive special editions of her albums with unreleased songs, demos and booklets discussing the music in a comprehensive way. She hasn't really done anything at all like that and she is risking letting her place in music history fade if she doesn't. She should take control of the narrative of her career and put it in a new light.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madonna/comments/1d9lwpy/comment/l7e73qk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

On Reddit there's someone saying that Madonna's team has reached out to "reputable fan accounts" regarding source material.  Do you think that's true/does anyone here know anything about that?  Or do you think they're taking about Madonna asking Rusty Egan and William Orbit for files they have?  Or it could be total nonsense.  :thinker:

13 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madonna/comments/1d9lwpy/comment/l7e73qk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

On Reddit there's someone saying that Madonna's team has reached out to "reputable fan accounts" regarding source material.  Do you think that's true/does anyone here know anything about that?  Or do you think they're taking about Madonna asking Rusty Egan and William Orbit for files they have?  Or it could be total nonsense.  :thinker:

I can’t see them getting rid of her old stuff to be honest. I think it’s fake news 

16 minutes ago, luckypierre78 said:

A guy at Madonnanation says the same thing. 

He also says that according to his sources, they have three deluxe sets ready, just waiting for Madonna's approval.

I have no idea what's true and what's fiction. I would not be surprised if Madonna is the one dragging her feet. She loves to move at a glacial pace... 

2 hours ago, luckypierre78 said:

Aldo Diaz 

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

A guy at Madonnanation says the same thing. 

He also says that according to his sources, they have three deluxe sets ready, just waiting for Madonna's approval.

I have no idea what's true and what's fiction. I would not be surprised if Madonna is the one dragging her feet. She loves to move at a glacial pace... 

It's not the first time we've heard a couple Expanded sets were ready to go.  I hope it's true.  I don't buy Madonna is keeping it from happening. I think it's a matter of timing when releasing it.  There was a rumor some time back LAV and the Debut album were going to be boxed together. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm sure good things are coming our way. It's just a matter of when and being patient. :)

2 hours ago, Donna said:

It's not the first time we've heard a couple Expanded sets were ready to go.  I hope it's true.  I don't buy Madonna is keeping it from happening. I think it's a matter of timing when releasing it.  There was a rumor some time back LAV and the Debut album were going to be boxed together. I guess we'll see what happens. I'm sure good things are coming our way. It's just a matter of when and being patient. :)

Well remember, her almost dying REALLY messed up her schedule. 

4 hours ago, Celebration said:

Meanwhile when some gave up on hope, things are happening behind the scenes we don't know about and I'm positively sure it's true.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well remember, her almost dying REALLY messed up her schedule. 

I don't believe that had anything to do with this. It's easy to assume so, but it was simply about the tour at that point.  I'm thinking more and more that these re-issues have been saved for a specific moment, in the near future. I'm still thinking this fall, something will come of this. Again, we'll have to see.  Whatever happens, I don't think it will ever be enough for some fans!  :)

15 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Meanwhile when some gave up on hope, things are happening behind the scenes we don't know about and I'm positively sure it's true.

Yeah, there are others over seeing this.  I don't believe Madonna is holding up the release.  My guess a lot of us are being impatient and want things now and when it first was announced.  Whenever it happens, they are probably going to milk it.  I can't wait to see what they have in store for us, but I also don't think it's going to be full of rare things and a lot of demos either.

1 minute ago, Donna said:

I don't believe that had anything to do with this. It's easy to assume so, but it was simply about the tour at that point.  I'm thinking more and more that these re-issues have been saved for a specific moment, in the near future. I'm still thinking this fall, something will come of this. Again, we'll have to see.  Whatever happens, I don't think it will ever be enough for some fans!  :)

I meant more in the sense the original plan was the tour to end in dec 2023 instead it ended april 2024 with south american gig in may. *IF* they are in fact ready, it wouldn't make sense to drop it when fans are still spending money on the tour.

Just now, Alpha said:

I meant more in the sense the original plan was the tour to end in dec 2023 instead it ended april 2024 with south american gig in may. *IF* they are in fact ready, it wouldn't make sense to drop it when fans are still spending money on the tour.

Which would go back to what I said earlier regarding dropping everything at once.  I just don't see that being a good strategy. They are going to string this along.  There are people who are doing things behind the scenes for sure, and as I've mention upteen times before, this is all about cultivating her back catalog.  My guess we're gonna see the tour film be dropped first and then from there, we're probably gonna start seeing the re-issues start coming. :)

2 minutes ago, Donna said:

Which would go back to what I said earlier regarding dropping everything at once.  I just don't see that being a good strategy. They are going to string this along.  There are people who are doing things behind the scenes for sure, and as I've mention upteen times before, this is all about cultivating her back catalog.  My guess we're gonna see the tour film be dropped first and then from there, we're probably gonna start seeing the re-issues start coming. :)

Yeah why would they stupidly do that lol this campaign is gonna last years. If everything goes well the biopic I could picture True Blue being released to coincide ESPECIALLY if she titles the film Live to Tell. So we shall see what 2026 brings us!!!

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah why would they stupidly do that lol this campaign is gonna last years. If everything goes well the biopic I could picture True Blue being released to coincide ESPECIALLY if she titles the film Live to Tell. So we shall see what 2026 brings us!!!

Well, the deal said it was a "multi-year" deal.  That can mean anything, but it sure didn't just mean three years since they did specify the Interscope albums were going to swallowed up by Warner starting in 2025.  It made sense when they announce the deal in 2021 since MX Tour streaming/digital was distributed by Warner.  They knew fans would wonder why Warner was distributing that, and simply laid out deal then. I don't think that meant for everything to happen all at once.  Still, we've gotten a number of releases since, including MX Tour, FEL, Erotica picture disc reissue, Everybody 40th re-issues, American Life Mix Show, Frozen Remixes, Hung Up On Tokischa, Material Gworrrl, and many digital/streaming releases of older songs.  I believe the True Blue Silver Vinyl is part of this deal too.  I'm sure the LAP inclusion to the new Wolverine trailer is part of this deal too.  I know @Prayerand @GregVsMattis a bit more schooled on this to verify what I've listed if not more that I've missed regarding the 2021 Warner deal.   

If you're not watching Untucked, you're only getting HALF the story!

more from that user:

As ridiculous as it sounds it's true, my friend is one of the people who had been contacted. Her team is ridiculously small nowadays and lots was destroyed after her first leaving Warner. Don't worry about the quality the tracks have already been used for streaming and the tour. Aforementioned friend was also contacted for the frozen backdrop video on the tour. 

It's a miracle she has fans that she does because her legacy would have just died when she does. COLLECT everything. The main problem is also how little she knows/knew about the destroyed things.

sorry but i'm not buying it. it sounds like complete bullshit. 

58 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I refuse to buy the Like A Prayer album until it is either released on violet vinyl or deluxe edition. 

I have all her albums (including vinyl), but I agree I am not willing to buy anymore more of her albums on vinyl until new re-issues that are remastered if not include new content.  I have every album on Vinyl but I'm hoping for the first two albums to get better remasters if not new content before I buy a better version of vinyl.

32 minutes ago, deathproof said:

If you're not watching Untucked, you're only getting HALF the story!

more from that user:

As ridiculous as it sounds it's true, my friend is one of the people who had been contacted. Her team is ridiculously small nowadays and lots was destroyed after her first leaving Warner. Don't worry about the quality the tracks have already been used for streaming and the tour. Aforementioned friend was also contacted for the frozen backdrop video on the tour. 

It's a miracle she has fans that she does because her legacy would have just died when she does. COLLECT everything. The main problem is also how little she knows/knew about the destroyed things.

sorry but i'm not buying it. it sounds like complete bullshit. 

True, I doubt it's real and why would they approach fan accounts instead of file collectors or traders?

1 hour ago, Donna said:

I have all her albums (including vinyl), but I agree I am not willing to buy anymore more of her albums on vinyl until new re-issues that are remastered if not include new content.  I have every album on Vinyl but I'm hoping for the first two albums to get better remasters if not new content before I buy a better version of vinyl.

I have all the albums on vinyl except LAP. My least fav album tbh

12 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I have all the albums on vinyl except LAP. My least fav album tbh

If it's one album you don't like due to it's content I can understand not owning it.  At the same time, it includes one of her most iconic songs, so I can't imagine not owning it. Then again, I love the album and so many of the songs on it. :luv:

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I heard pat Leonard and steve bray were also contacted 😜😂😂 just thought I would throw a fake rumour here too 😀 3 deluxe sets ready sounds amazing though but we’ve been here before 🙄🥹

If a proper expanded deluxe re-issue is in the works, than they should be contacted.  If they weren't alive it would be different, but they are, so I think they deserve to be part of a re-issue process especially if they are wanting to expand on the original album and include some rare gems or demos.  Otherwise, it's just another re-issue of the original album. Most fans won't buy especially if it isn't remastered and sound better than what they already own.