Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

20 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

From what I know, 'Music' was indeed rehearsed but was removed during late rehearsals (post health scare) with a few other songs from the same act. I don't know if the song has been added again during this week in Manchester, but I highly doubt it.

Devastating if true. Music was literally the #1 song in the US the day I was born, and I loved the idea of hearing it live :rip:

Celebration as an ending song?

:/ 

It really does not go as hard as she thinks.

Also I hate that its "come join the party" .....at the end of the show.

I'm sure she'll make it work but I'd have loved a new closing number and for it to be an absolute classic.

Ray Of Light Sashas Twilo Mix would have been Epic. 

9 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

No idea if this person is reliable.

This is coming from Inside The Groove, who also stated ILNY/Burning Up mashup was real….

so Who knows what the truth is

Tell The Truth GIF

They also said:

The set list definitely includes Frozen, Erotica, Don't tell me, Die Another Day, La Isla Bonita, an upbeat version of DCFMA, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Billie Jean/ Like A Virgin and Bitch I’m Madonna.

3 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

This "journalist" said this, and matches what Stuart said:

To make it clear, this tweet was posted hours before the interview with BBC.

Tis good. Hope Secret and You'll See are chosen this time for concert film since there's not any single hint of them in the setlist.

And, please, ENOUGH with Music. I know it's a hit, her last #1 in the US, blah, blah, blah, but if there's a song from its parent album that deserved to shine again, mostly it's Impressive Instant!!!

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

NOT FUCKING HUMAN NATURE AGAIN! What the fuck 😫😫😫

Unfortunately Warner didn't let her use the original version of Goodbye to Innocence and made her sing a je-ne-sais-pas thing instead (only for her to scrap it in favour of a fvcking amazing cover) so HN has automatically become her "fvck the mankind" anthem.

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Okay can we please bully her and let her know all and for once how SICK AND TIRED we are of her ignoring Bedtime Stories except for fucking Human Nature. 

IT WAS THE BIGGEST FLOP FROM THAT ALBUM.

At this point HN is most the song which will be present during "Little Sparrow" credits if it happens at all.

Just now, Pretender1978 said:

anyone seriously expecting she wouldn't perform HN doesn't really have a clue what she's all about do they? Again, it's a show celebrating her 40 year career, NOT a GH show. She was always gonna do this song in one way or another

I absolutely expected her to finally ignore this non-factor and waste of setlist space for ONCE. I hope it’s just a snippet this time. I can't bear another lame performance of this song with her not hitting a single note of this song. It’s been enough.

I fully expect Candy Shop to make an appearance now.

Imagine being Madonna and thinking:

"Mhhh what songs should I do? I'll Remember? One of my biggest songs from the 90s that I never performed in my life? Or my last big #1 hit in the US, Music? Nahhh imma do Human Nature for the 100th time and punish the world for letting my favourite song from BS tank. Oh and let me add Candy Shop as well while I'm at it. tee hee 🤭🖕🏻"

14 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But didn’t Stuart imply the opposite in that BBC interview?!?!

Yes, he said the show was very fixed but that Madonna herself is always unpredictable. That doesn't mean they won't add and remove songs that were already rehearsed but it doesn't sound like there will be much spontanaeity, especially without a band. It sounds like this is much more in the vein of a theatrical production, and I'm fine with that. 

Based upon news / observations of the past few days we have the following rumors / observations:

• Everybody (album version - heard in an IG video)
  • Crazy for You (sounds reinvented - heard on Twitter)
  • Bitch I'm Madonna (on paper)
  • Like a Virgin / Billy Jean (on paper)
  • Don't Tell Me (album version - heard on IG)
  • Nothing Really Matters (lyrics posted / DM confirmed)
  • Vogue (Bob confirmed)
  • Holiday (Bob confirmed)
  • A few tracks that were never singles ("setlist filled with her singles - with only a few exceptions")
  • 3 "classic" singles that have "never been performed on tour" (NRM, Bad Girl, and Bedtime Story)
  • Hollywood, American Life, and Rescue Me are not on the setlist (according to PopJustice)
  • At least 1 track from Confessions (according to PopJustice)
  • Potentially a 30 track setlist (seen on IG) - Stuart Price says 25 performed tracks with 20 additional songs mashed up / extrapolated throughout the show within that set

Assumed tracks based upon DM's teasers:

• Live to Tell
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Ray of Light
  • Bad Girl
  • Oh Father
  • Die Another Day
  • Don't Tell Me
  • Rain
  • Bedtime Story
  • Erotica
  • Everybody
  • Sorry
  • Open Your Heart
  • Crazy for You
  • Give Me All Your Luvin (Why??)
  • Like a Prayer
  • A non-single from Rebel Heart that has NEVER been performed before (only possibilities: Hold Tight, Inside Out, Wash All Over Me, Auto-Tune Baby, Best Night, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah, Beautiful Scars, Borrowed Time, Addicted, Graffiti Heart)
  • An older song that deals with losing her mother (only possibilities: Promise to Try, Inside of Me, or Mother and Father as someone on PopJustice alleges it was rehearsed yesterday)
  • At least 3 covers: 1 she performed a long time ago (only possibilities: Imagine, Fever, Everybody is a Star, Billie Jean / Like a Virgin, A Family Affair, Just My Imagination, I Feel Love), 1 is a 70s classic seeming to relate to her health scare (maybe Stayin' Alive or I Will Survive or Born to be Alive), and 1 cover from a current artist she's collaborated with (I'm thinking Unholy since Sam Smith covered Human Nature or it could be a track by Beyonce or the Weekend)
  • 1 mashup of an older Madonna song with a late 70s track
  • Papa Don't Preach
  • Justify My Love
  • Hung Up on Tokisha or whatever  it's called (notice they waited until the end to leak the sad news)
  • Into the Hollywood Groove?? or hints of a Into the Groove mashup
  • Human Nature
  • I Don't Search, I Find
  • Holiday

Random social media rumors:

• A Twitter user alleges I Love New York / Burning Up are mashed up (User @insidethegroove)
  • Someone said they pressed their ear against a door and heard Get Together
  • A person walking down the street alleges they heard Hung Up / Hung Up on Tokisha mashed up
  • On PopJustice someone said she'll perform / use Chic's "I Want Your Love" in some capacity (maybe the mashup mentioned above)
  • Insidethegroove also said on Twitter that Give It 2 Me, La Isla Bonita, and Don't Cry for Me Argentina are on the setlist and that Celebration is the closing song. He also says the show has a heavy drag influence with Vogue being an homage to drag

19 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But didn’t Stuart imply the opposite in that BBC interview?!?!

Most of the people only read the first paragraph, on the second one he said:

"Well, Madonna's reputation is for being highly precise and highly rehearsed across all departments. When you look at a tour of this scale, it has so many moving parts, so many elements, that everything has to be highly fixed.

"But there's one thing that's always dynamic, and that's Madonna herself. Her personality is so strong, her interaction with the audience is so strong, that it creates opportunities for variation from night to night."