POPULAR

I'm also convinced that the new EP's have been labeled with their original dates and appear deep down in the list because the Blondish Sorry Remixes and Popular are doing so well. When you click on her landing page they are displayed. If you add You'll See or Drowned World they fall out of sight so its a strategic move to promote what's hot right now. 

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'm also convinced that the new EP's have been labeled with their original dates and appear deep down in the list because the Blondish Sorry Remixes and Popular are doing so well. When you click on her landing page they are displayed. If you add You'll See or Drowned World they fall out of sight so its a strategic move to promote what's hot right now. 

Well, it would be silly NOT to put them front and center. It helps draw more people to her landing page, and expose them to other tracks of hers.  For me, it's all good.  It's not like her own songs can't be streamed or found.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I feel a bit sick tbh. My prediction is coming true. 

Soon itt will forever be her most played song on streaming and will always be number 1 and at the top of her list and that just feels so fucking wrong. 

Especially when nobody knows the song LOL

I listened once and it just doesn’t sound like an M song and it doesn’t even sound like M singing and it came from a horrible tv show that nobody watched.

Still happy it is getting streams, as it should hopefully get people to check out her other songs.

You guys make too much drama over things you don't like. LOL

Just because this song is, well, popular and played more by people that uses spotify doesn't mean Madonna's legacy is ruined or that it is shameful to have that be her biggest song on the plataform or whatever. Some people have multiple million+ streamed songs, others don't. Madonna still have 400 millons records sold. Different times, different ways to enjoy music.

Now, one thing that we must agree is that people know and like the song, even if a big part of Madonna's fan base doesn't. This song is  bigger than all the other songs The Weeknd has released for the series and is very close to get bigger than any song from his last album.

31 Is There Someone Else? 466,964,483

33 Take My Breath - Single Version 442,859,359

37 Out of Time 377,855,277

41 Sacrifice 347,846,469

44 Popular (with Playboi Carti & Madonna) 320,050,977

*This is the lead single from the series*
Double Fantasy (with Future) 129,681,746

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

I feel a bit sick tbh. My prediction is coming true. 

Soon it will forever be her most played song on streaming and will always be number 1 and at the top of her list and that just feels so fucking wrong. 

Or at least until she releases that massive new single with Max Martin ;) 

I always wondered if Madonna really thought that collaborating with artists like Sickick, Tokischa and the others would allow her to achieve lost success and transcendence. If so, she was definitely poorly advised because it was evident that working with these artists of mediocre importance would ultimately be a waste of time. Almost a year and a half wasted on failed experiments that ultimately led her nowhere but stagnation.

Whoever advised her to collaborate with the most important artist in the world in recent times, The Weeknd, was something that any visionary could have done. Thanks to this, Madonna's name once again stands out on the charts and in what way. This even served to mock the barriers put up by those clinging to misogyny who refused to play any song in which she was involved on the radio.

I hope this is just the beginning of future collaborations with truly successful artists. Bad Bunny, for example, is the most successful artist in the world right now. A collaboration with him is definitely just a matter of time.

4 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I always wondered if Madonna really thought that collaborating with artists like Sickick, Tokischa and the others would allow her to achieve lost success and transcendence. If so, she was definitely poorly advised because it was evident that working with these artists of mediocre importance would ultimately be a waste of time. Almost a year and a half wasted on failed experiments that ultimately led her nowhere but stagnation.

Whoever advised her to collaborate with the most important artist in the world in recent times, The Weeknd, was something that any visionary could have done. Thanks to this, Madonna's name once again stands out on the charts and in what way. This even served to mock the barriers put up by those clinging to misogyny who refused to play any song in which she was involved on the radio.

I hope this is just the beginning of future collaborations with truly successful artists. Bad Bunny, for example, is the most successful artist in the world right now. A collaboration with him is definitely just a matter of time.

And nobody wants that.

Him and his Beady little close set eyes lol. Not cute at all and I can’t name one song by him, thankfully.

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

Just because this song is, well, popular and played more by people that uses spotify doesn't mean Madonna's legacy is ruined or that it is shameful to have that be her biggest song on the plataform or whatever. Some people have multiple million+ streamed songs, others don't. Madonna still have 400 millons records sold. Different times, different ways to enjoy music.

Now, one thing that we must agree is that people know and like the song, even if a big part of Madonna's fan base doesn't. This song is  bigger than all the other songs The Weeknd has released for the series and is very close to get bigger than any song from his last album.

41 Sacrifice 347,846,469

Nicely said.  The Weekend is huge right now.  So jumping on that track was smart.  It's interesting because while the show it's supposed to be from wasn't very successful (even though it's not on the soundtrack or even part of the show), it's the most successful from that whole project.  And she sounds wonderful on it.  He's got so many songs being played by mainstream media. You would have to be living under rock, not to have heard anything by him.  My hope he and Madonna will record an album together.  I just wish it already happened by now. It would have been pretty huge and successful.

1 hour ago, DiegoLCL said:

41 Sacrifice 347,846,469

Popular is the only one of these songs that I have ever heard of lol

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Popular is the only one of these songs that I have ever heard of lol

His last album is great and I do think he does have a handful of greatest pop songs in recent years. I Feel it Coming, Save Your Tears, In Your Eyes, Can't Feel My Face, Starboy and of course Blinding Lights.

Basically all of his stuff with Max Martin and Daft Punk is great and people here would eat up if it was released by Madonna (solo, because God forbid Madonna making features / liking and wanting to work with other mainstream artists).

:Madonna009:

1 minute ago, DiegoLCL said:

His last album is great and I do think he does have a handful of greatest pop songs in recent years. I Feel it Coming, Save Your Tears, In Your Eyes, Can't Feel My Face, Starboy and of course Blinding Lights.

Basically all of his stuff with Max Martin and Daft Punk is great and people here would eat up if it was released by Madonna (solo, because God forbid Madonna making features / liking and wanting to work with other mainstream artists).

:Madonna009:

Oh, I agree!

I’m not a huge fan of Kylie’s voice, but she is doing the type of dance music that M should be making right now and would excel at with her knack of writing strong hooks and Melodie’s.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic