POPULAR

11 minutes ago, DiegoLCL said:

His last album is great and I do think he does have a handful of greatest pop songs in recent years. I Feel it Coming, Save Your Tears, In Your Eyes, Can't Feel My Face, Starboy and of course Blinding Lights.

Basically all of his stuff with Max Martin and Daft Punk is great and people here would eat up if it was released by Madonna (solo, because God forbid Madonna making features / liking and wanting to work with other mainstream artists).

:Madonna009:

Totally agree. Love all those songs and several others.  He's managed to tap into a sound (similar to the 80s) which I can see work for Madonna as well.  I just think if she waits too much longer to work with him, it will set well. At this point, it would be more like she is jumping on some bandwagon by working him. 

On 10/25/2023 at 6:20 PM, BuggedOut said:

Especially when nobody knows the song LOL

I listened once and it just doesn’t sound like an M song and it doesn’t even sound like M singing and it came from a horrible tv show that nobody watched.

Still happy it is getting streams, as it should hopefully get people to check out her other songs.

Well, you are so wrong. I listened Popular many times on radio. The last time I listened a new Madonna song so oftenly on radio was Celebration. You have the right to dislike the song, but the numbers and the facts can't be rewritten. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, xavier said:

Year-End Charts Billboard 2023:

Hot R&B Songs
#16 #Popular 

Rhythmic Airplay 
#28 #Popular 

Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs 
#39 #Popular 

Mainstream Top40 (Pop Airplay)
#48  #Popular 

#Canada 
#58 #Popular

It did great, considering there was no promo at all and it wasn’t even played in the TV show. 

If they had done a video for it, commissioned remixes and minimal promo, this would’ve exploded.

I love the song either way. ❤️❤️

6 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

And crazy because its not even on the top 5 songs of the weeknd right now on his sporify chart. 

Because the rankings are based on each artists streams, so while it's the #2 most streamed song for Madonna, The Weeknd has other songs that have been streamed much more than Popular or Madonna's top 5 songs. Therefore, Popular will be ranked lower on his Spotify page.

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

Because the rankings are based on each artists streams, so while it's the #2 most streamed song for Madonna, The Weeknd has other songs that have been streamed much more than Popular or Madonna's top 5 songs. Therefore, Popular will be ranked lower on his Spotify page.

I think the top 5 im referring to is the most popular *at the moment*. Which is crazy because popular isnt even in his top 5 of most streamed songs at the moment.

On 11/26/2023 at 5:38 PM, WopaelWopael said:

I think the top 5 im referring to is the most popular *at the moment*. Which is crazy because popular isnt even in his top 5 of most streamed songs at the moment.

That's what I'm referring to as well.  He has songs that have been streamed far more "at the moment" than Popular while Madonna's own songs haven't streamed as much as "Popular" has for her. 

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic