POPULAR

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

Yes I do feel it’s just simple one line or just something from LAP song… so basically nothing was recorded at all. 

I fear that her involvement in this is really minimal, which would be such a missed opportunity because a proper duet with The Weeknd would be great. I am not a huge fan of his work but his sound is quite interesting. I would love to hear Madonna doing a "darker rnb/pop" type of song. Furthermore, he is way more successful than Sam Smith, so this collab could have been her way back on the charts. Well, we will see in a couple of hours what this will be...

1 minute ago, SonnyX said:

I fear that her involvement in this is really minimal, which would be such a missed opportunity because a proper duet with The Weeknd would be great. I am not a huge fan of his work but his sound is quite interesting. I would love to hear Madonna doing a "darker rnb/pop" type of song. Furthermore, he is way more successful than Sam Smith, so this collab could have been her way back on the charts. Well, we will see in a couple of hours what this will be...

Id say theweeknd has the control over this collab. And just like Kanye did with his „Highlights“ track, he might just prefer madonna to have a little to none existend part in his song.

Madonna cant control other peoples musical choice, just like other singers cant control what happens to their verse as soon as they send it in to madonnas request.

lets just hope she got that chorus part we think we might have heard in the background.

13 minutes ago, SonnyX said:

Yes true, I was hoping for something one on one with M… would be soooo much better! His audience is actually pretty huge. Unlike Sam 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

I reckon it's just a mash up - with no involvement from her other then giving permission for him to use whatever he has used from the song - probably LAP.

Supposedly the song was played during Cannes on the red carpet which people swore they could hear Madonna on it, had nothing to do with Like A Prayer.  So I'm thinking it's more of a brand new song that features her.  But I'm curious how LAP plays into all of this because they played that song on the 'Red carpet' as well.

26 minutes ago, WopaelWopael said:

Id say theweeknd has the control over this collab. And just like Kanye did with his „Highlights“ track, he might just prefer madonna to have a little to none existend part in his song.

Madonna cant control other peoples musical choice, just like other singers cant control what happens to their verse as soon as they send it in to madonnas request.

lets just hope she got that chorus part we think we might have heard in the background.

And let’s not forget that Abel isn’t MJ or Prince.

Looking at the credits on his albums, he uses 5-10 writers and producers on each song, like most current artists.

His sound is not groundbreaking or unique.

Before hearing snippets of the Sam and Abel duets, I was more excited to hear the Abel duet, but after hearing the samples, I am much more excited for the Sam collab.

Seems M is more excited about it too, based on the amount of interest she is showing on social media.

3 minutes ago, tscott said:

The song that was played during Cannes on the red carpet which people swore they could hear Madonna on it, had nothing to do with Like A Prayer.  So I'm thinking it's more of a brand new song that features her.  But I'm curious how LAP plays into all of this because they played that song on the 'Red carpet' as well.

Where is this red carpet video?

4 minutes ago, MisterMistere said:

Where is this red carpet video?

Several red carpet videos were posted pages back.  Some claim they could hear Madonna in one (38 seconds in).  It might be the song, but I can't hear her at all.  Here's the video posted

3 minutes ago, Nemanja said:

Yeah, I've seen/heard that, but I can't make Madonna out in any of that. But I know others swear they can hear her too, so I'll take your word for it.  I like the sound of the song; I just can't hear Madonna in this clip.

12 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

She clearly (not so clearly 🤪) says Something something Lights I don’t know the rest of the song but that’s her I think. 

I'm jealous, but I still can't make her out.  LOL!  I'm not doubting anyone it's her, but I just can't hear her.  What of the song I hear, does sound good, so I hope it is her.  :luv:

48 minutes ago, tscott said:

Supposedly the song was played during Cannes on the red carpet which people swore they could hear Madonna on it, had nothing to do with Like A Prayer.  So I'm thinking it's more of a brand new song that features her.  But I'm curious how LAP plays into all of this because they played that song on the 'Red carpet' as well.

Maybe Like A Prayer song is featured in The Idol serial 

• RUADJAI changed the title to POPULAR
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic