MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

On 6/9/2023 at 9:01 PM, SonnyX said:

Has somebody ever ordered from hhv.de or jpc.de? Are they reliable? Because you can pre-order MDNA on those websites.

Btw, I have also seen that Rhino sells Madonna vinyls too. But they ship from the US, so has somebody from Europe ever bought from that store and can they recommend it?

Both are trustworthy. I buy almost all my records at jpc.de.
If anything is damaged, the order can be returned for an exchange or refund.

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Glad I bought the original back then for like half the price of this new repress. The price is out of this world for a standard black vinyl.

Considering how rare this album is to buy on vinyl nowadays or hard to even find, especially still sealed (trust me I had to REALLY fight for mine about a year ago!) I don't think this price is out of this world at all! I paid almost $300 for mine so the fact that they are repressing these harder to find vinyls for us fans who weren't as lucky as you to get it "back then" for "half the price" I think it's more than a fair price! Just sayin. I don't think people who have been wanting this album on vinyl for their collections but missed out on it originally will have a problem paying this price VS. the prices you see on eBay or other sites for it. Just my opinion. I'm happy to buy this second copy for myself so I can keep the original sealed! 

1 hour ago, Brandon Clark said:

Considering how rare this album is to buy on vinyl nowadays or hard to even find, especially still sealed (trust me I had to REALLY fight for mine about a year ago!) I don't think this price is out of this world at all! I paid almost $300 for mine so the fact that they are repressing these harder to find vinyls for us fans who weren't as lucky as you to get it "back then" for "half the price" I think it's more than a fair price! Just sayin. I don't think people who have been wanting this album on vinyl for their collections but missed out on it originally will have a problem paying this price VS. the prices you see on eBay or other sites for it. Just my opinion. I'm happy to buy this second copy for myself so I can keep the original sealed! 

It’s not a fair price, it’s a brand new vinyl and not limited. I paid €26 on Amazon when it was released. Of course it’s cheaper than the original out of print version, but this doesn’t mean €55 for a vinyl reprint (+ shipping) is a fair price. 
This is a general problem with vinyl records lately. 

1 hour ago, LongIslandTea said:

MDNA is rare? :lol:

I remember it was all over the place and Amazon had to cut the price in order to clear their stocks.

If it wasn't the vinyl collecting trend that drives the price up, no one would even bother about it except hardcore fans who had been collecting vinyls since day one.

Go on to eBay right now & do a quick search for "Madonna MDNA Sealed Vinyl" & tell me you don't see a bunch listed for $200+ if not more. And I am not talking about the ones that are listed as presales for the new pressing, I'm talking about the original 2012 release. Yes it's one of M's most expensive vinyl albums out there along with Celebration, Rebel Heart & Hard Candy too even. I literally just finished off my collection of sealed Madonna vinyl albums so I know what I paid & I know how hard it was to find. 

YES it's rare! It probably wont be so much now because of this repress but that's my point. I'm not talking about what it was like back in 2012 with Amazon I'm talking about today, 2023. Anyone who wasn't able to get the vinyl when it originally came out & are maybe just now trying to complete their collections will see it is one of the harder ones to get. That's all I'm saying. I am sure this repress will help make it less elusive for sure but the fact that it's only a EU pressing may affect that some IDK? 

Now as far as $55 being too expensive or not that's an individual thing of course. $50 to you may be nothing but $50 to me may be ALOT. It just depends on how much  money you have I guess. Most new double vinyls here in the US sell for about $30 or so I think so the price that the site has it listed for $38.99 isn't too bad I don't think. Shipping for me here to the US was only $12 which isn't bad to me either considering the distance it's coming. But again for others that may not be the case. This isn't something I want to argue about I was just making a point that I am happy they are repressing this vinyl for those who want it & weren't able to get it yet or back in the day when it was first released. And TO ME this is a good deal! 

And lastly, $55 compared to the $250+ you would pay for it on eBay IS cheaper for sure no question! 

2 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

Go on to eBay right now & do a quick search for "Madonna MDNA Sealed Vinyl" & tell me you don't see a bunch listed for $200+ if not more. And I am not talking about the ones that are listed as presales for the new pressing, I'm talking about the original 2012 release. Yes it's one of M's most expensive vinyl albums out there along with Celebration, Rebel Heart & Hard Candy too even. I literally just finished off my collection of sealed Madonna vinyl albums so I know what I paid & I know how hard it was to find. 

YES it's rare! It probably wont be so much now because of this repress but that's my point. I'm not talking about what it was like back in 2012 with Amazon I'm talking about today, 2023. Anyone who wasn't able to get the vinyl when it originally came out & are maybe just now trying to complete their collections will see it is one of the harder ones to get. That's all I'm saying. I am sure this repress will help make it less elusive for sure but the fact that it's only a EU pressing may affect that some IDK? 

Now as far as $55 being too expensive or not that's an individual thing of course. $50 to you may be nothing but $50 to me may be ALOT. It just depends on how much  money you have I guess. Most new double vinyls here in the US sell for about $30 or so I think so the price that the site has it listed for $38.99 isn't too bad I don't think. Shipping for me here to the US was only $12 which isn't bad to me either considering the distance it's coming. But again for others that may not be the case. This isn't something I want to argue about I was just making a point that I am happy they are repressing this vinyl for those who want it & weren't able to get it yet or back in the day when it was first released. And TO ME this is a good deal! 

And lastly, $55 compared to the $250+ you would pay for it on eBay IS cheaper for sure no question! 

I'm not talking about "now".

I remember when it was first released, plenty of copies available collecting dust on record stores' shelves FOR YEARS and majority of the M fans didn't bother to take a look. 

I got mine 2 x US version + 1 x EU version for less than US$70 in total

It was not rare during that period of time 'cos I always see them on the shelves.

Only when the vinyl gone out of print, and the vinyl collecting trend start, pushing the price up and makes it hard to get, the vinyl then becomes "rare".

The next vinyl that would become "rare" very soon will be "Rebel Heart" vinyl.... it was available for 8 loooooooooooooong YEARS and yet there are fans fail to get a copy. History repeats itself. I mean REALLY? 

really-why-reaction-h74fcycshvsgoedk.gif

Another example is FEL 6LP red/black boxset.

I remember some fans refused to believe that version only available at M store and insisted there would be stock during the official release date.

The "it's Madonna, they will print a lot to meet the demand and all record stores will have it in stock" mentality never dies.

14 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

I remember when it was first released, plenty of copies available collecting dust on record stores' shelves FOR YEARS and majority of the M fans didn't bother to take a look. 

It was not rare during that period of time 'cos I always see them on the shelves.

Only when the vinyl gone out of print, and the vinyl collecting trend start, pushing the price up and makes it hard to get, the vinyl then becomes "rare".

The next vinyl that would become "rare" very soon will be "Rebel Heart" vinyl.... it was available for 8 loooooooooooooong YEARS and yet there are fans fail to get a copy. History repeats itself. I mean REALLY? 

I don't understand what your point is?  I think most here know the album was no longer available at some point.  As that happened, it was very hard to obtain a new copy which drove up the price.  This is what happens when something is no longer available.  It may have not been the most sought out album in the last several albums, but it was still rare and expensive. 

Meanwhile, Vinyls have become popular again.  Maybe one can argue it as a trend, but I see it more than that.  More and more people are appreciating the sound of Vinyl and buying them more.  We also know that Vinyl pressing companies started to get bogged down with a lot more orders, which in the last year or so, taking it much longer for artists to get their albums pressed. 

The time you claim to have seen "plenty of copies collecting dust", was at a time when people weren't as interested in Vinyl.  But that still didn't stop people from wanting a copy once they no longer weren't available, which again drove up the price of the Vinyl.  It's hardly rocket science here. 

16 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Another example is FEL 6LP red/black boxset.

I remember some fans refused to believe that version only available at M store and insisted there would be stock during the official release date.

The "it's Madonna, they will print a lot to meet the demand and all record stores will have it in stock" mentality never dies.

Of course it was available everywhere (same for Celebration) when it was released. It was not a limited edition, this happens with every album on vinyl. When they go out of print they became rare. It happens with lots of artists.  Not just Madonna.
Rebel Heart is already rare. 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

Of course it was available everywhere (same for Celebration) when it was released. It was not a limited edition, this happens with every album on vinyl. When they go out of print they became rare. It happens with lots of artists.  Not just Madonna’s. 
Rebel Heart is already rare. 

Exactly. 

Dun get why most fans didn't get it upon its release.

Just now, LongIslandTea said:

Exactly. 

Dun get why most fans didn't get it upon its release.

Maybe they weren’t into vinyl back then. I always buy her albums on vinyl, but I stopped for reasons I can’t remember buying her singles on vinyl since 4 Minutes. And now all the singles on vinyl from Hard Candy and Celebration are among the rarest and most expensive. Thank god I bought both Celebration and Hard Candy on vinyl back then at least. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Maybe they weren’t into vinyl back then. I always buy her albums on vinyl, but I stopped for reasons I can’t remember buying her singles on vinyl since 4 Minutes. And now all the singles on vinyl from Hard Candy and Celebration are among the rarest and most expensive. Thank god I bought both Celebration and Hard Candy on vinyl back then at least. 

But strangely, the picture disc during HC/Celebration era are still dirt cheap as compare to the normal black 12" selling at exorbitant price. 

14 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Rebel Heart vinyl was released when lots of fans start collecting vinyl.

And yet, some fans still missed out? 

Was it?  Does that mean ALL fans got or wanted the vinyl at the time? NO.  In fact, we have plenty of people who have posted over and over recently that they have no desire for Vinyl and have made a huge deal that some of the Warner re-issues have only been to Vinyl. 

There is always going to be someone looking for something they originally didn't care to buy when it first was available.  That was the case with me with the Celebration Vinyl.  Hard Candy was the first Vinyl I decided to purchase since 1990's. Keep It Together.  Yet, I had no real interest in playing Vinyl at the time.  It remained sealed until earlier this year.  In fact, I forgot I even owned it.  When Celebration was released, I bought all formats but Vinyl.  Now I wish I did.  People change their minds or may not want to spend the money on it, being they have no means to play it.  But that still didn't stop it from finally selling out.  Therefore, anyone looking for a NEW copy these days is going to pay a hefty price until they officially repress them again. 

15 hours ago, Brandon Clark said:

And FYI my friend just sold the original US pressing on eBay for over $300. So it seems the price of that pressing isn't going down much with this new repress becoming available.

56 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

And FYI my friend just sold the original US pressing on eBay for over $300. So it seems the price of that pressing isn't going down much with this new repress becoming available.

To fans who simply wanna "complete" their collection, they dun care whether it's original or reissue.

I guess these are meant for hard-core "first / original edition" only fans?

10 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

To fans who simply wanna "complete" their collection, they dun care whether it's original or reissue.

I guess these are meant for hard-core "first / original edition" only fans?

There's a difference between a fan who wants one vinyl for each album and a M collector so yes the 2012 pressing will continue to be chased by collectors. I literally ordered the repressing in case there was a new hype sticker or some minor difference lol 

Also it appears it's only a Euro print run so could only be a couple of thousand, time will tell

18 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

There's a difference between a fan who wants one vinyl for each album and a M collector so yes the 2012 pressing will continue to be chased by collectors. I literally ordered the repressing in case there was a new hype sticker or some minor difference lol 

Also it appears it's only a Euro print run so could only be a couple of thousand, time will tell

I hope the new EU reissue will come with a hype sticker.