Merch Pics

blondebenji

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I actually think the merch for this tour is very good. My only issue is the prices. I did not buy anything because I just think 50 euro for a tshirt is way too expensive.

For me it's worst merch ever !

No photoshoot dedicate to this tour. No program which is the main thing sold at every tour. Can't understand why they've skipped best selling items. 

The stretched images are just ugly. And I've never bought any apparel with M... 

20 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

No photoshoot dedicate to this tour. No program which is the main thing sold at every tour. Can't understand why they've skipped best selling items. 

IMG_1251.thumb.jpeg.c66102d4aa4e8012607511e9a2650206.jpeg

21 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I actually think the merch for this tour is very good. My only issue is the prices. I did not buy anything because I just think 50 euro for a tshirt is way too expensive.

That’s true, but merch prices are like that for most big artists (t-shirts are usually €40/€45 and they used to be €30/€35 not long ago). 

17 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Well if you NEVER bought apparel with M what’s the issue? 😂

For me, the main issue is the tour's branding, it's not consistent or particularly high quality. The logo works on it's own but the red and yellow design that is the main advertising design is just not good. I don't mind the distorted images so much but I would have liked to have seen all the eras of her career represented, not just the 90's. T-Shirts or designs with current images would have been welcome too. I considered buying one of the tour posters but the typography is bad so I'd never put it on my wall. Hopefully more mercy will roll out during the US leg.

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Well if you NEVER bought apparel with M what’s the issue? 😂

The issue is that I have all of her tour programs and many of them are wonderful. So not making is a big mistake. Especially for this "Celebration" tour. No photoshoot dedicate to this tour happened while we had the amazing Steven Klein ones (premiered in W magazines sometimes). The RIT is particularly good for that : shooting, posters, program = it was awesome.

So we only have stretched ugly things that are not satisfying me. I prefer the concert to be good and the merch to be tacky and failed of course. 

20 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

No program which is the main thing sold at every tour. Can't understand why they've skipped best selling items. 

What evidence do you have that the program was a “best selling item”?

I imagine that if it were that they would be continuing to produce and sell one.

The fact is that printing costs these days are increasingly more and more expensive. Not to mention the cost for a designer to create it.

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

what's with the distorted images and why did they use pics from mostly 89-1992 too ? and the "o" in madonna is supposed to be her vulva and it means pussy rules the world yes ?

I thought it was a stretched gay male anus. Many of her fans have this shaped anus due to their age as well.

17 hours ago, DJ N A said:

What evidence do you have that the program was a “best selling item”?

I imagine that if it were that they would be continuing to produce and sell one.

The fact is that printing costs these days are increasingly more and more expensive. Not to mention the cost for a designer to create it.

They have fans that will do it for free :laughing:

15 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

what's with the distorted images and why did they use pics from mostly 89-1992 too ? and the "o" in madonna is supposed to be her vulva and it means pussy rules the world yes ?

All of the art is based on Dali's "Passage of Time" which you can read about below. It helps to understand the distorted images and the melting "O" in the logo. The inspiration makes total sense. The execution is lack-luster though in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Persistence_of_Memory