Update: Madame X Tour 3LP cancelled

Enrico

3 hours ago, anton5000 said:

After a long research, I got myself a budget but very good quality turntable: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-lp120xusb it comes with a Motor-driven plate rather than a belt (so the records are always on correct pitch). It also comes with a built-in amplifier, so you'd just connect it to Powered Speakers. That's it.

If you want to upgrade further for better sounding, the needle is the next thing. It comes with a very good one, but if you update it to a Microlinear needle (which goes deeper into the records' groove, hence better read frequency), such as: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-vm95ml

Then, many audiophiles would recommend to upgrade the internal amplifier to an external one, before connecting to the speakers. This is totally optional but I did it just for fun, the sound was slightly improved, with a better soundstage. I got https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-phono/ 

All these items are mid-priced, not too cheap but definitely not thousands of $$$, especially if you want just a good quality for casual listening :)
Hope this helped!

I have the same, it's really good.

5 hours ago, anton5000 said:

After a long research, I got myself a budget but very good quality turntable: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-lp120xusb it comes with a Motor-driven plate rather than a belt (so the records are always on correct pitch). It also comes with a built-in amplifier, so you'd just connect it to Powered Speakers. That's it.

If you want to upgrade further for better sounding, the needle is the next thing. It comes with a very good one, but if you update it to a Microlinear needle (which goes deeper into the records' groove, hence better read frequency), such as: https://www.audio-technica.com/en-ca/at-vm95ml

Then, many audiophiles would recommend to upgrade the internal amplifier to an external one, before connecting to the speakers. This is totally optional but I did it just for fun, the sound was slightly improved, with a better soundstage. I got https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-phono/ 

All these items are mid-priced, not too cheap but definitely not thousands of $$$, especially if you want just a good quality for casual listening :)
Hope this helped!

@Ayham I have to agree with this poster.  In fact, I discovered this brand after I bought mine and I'd probably would have gone with it if I didn't buy the one I have now.  And the "motor-driven plate" is a plus because I agree they will keep your records at correct pitch.  Though, I've yet to have an issue with mine, with the belt.  But I can see it being an issue if it's not adjusted correctly.  But with the "motor-driven plate" you won't even have to worry about it.

Anyway, he shares a lot of great advice here and his player is most definitely better than what I've purchased, even though mine sounds great.  But again, I'm not an audiophile expert.  The problem is; when you are, that's when you start spending real money on a unit.  I'm just a casual listener.

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

“Pause all commitments” -Guy O

I think they’re referring to the commitments under development not the stuff that was already completed and scheduled. 
There’s plenty of articles about her anniversary that are still being published even though the tour is not happening. 
And the Hollywood EP is a “commitment” as well. 

25 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think they’re referring to the commitments under development not the stuff that was already completed and scheduled. 
There’s plenty of articles about her anniversary that are still being published even though the tour is not happening. 

Yeah, I'm sure whatever they have planned for the anniversary of the Debut album will still happen.  We'll just have to wait and see though. 

37 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well Hollywood EP is being released in conjunction with it's anniversary, and articles about her music anniversaries come out all throughout the year. So I wouldn't really classify those as commitments.

40 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Well Hollywood EP is being released in conjunction with it's anniversary, and articles about her music anniversaries come out all throughout the year. So I wouldn't really classify those as commitments.

But wouldn’t the Madonna Boxset be released in conjunction with the anniversary too? And if that was the plan it would have been ready and in production long before Madonna got sick. So I don’t see much reason to cancel it.

As for the articles I’m referring to the ones that were clearly planned by her PR office

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

But wouldn’t the Madonna Boxset be released in conjunction with the anniversary too? And if that was the plan it would have been ready and in production long before Madonna got sick. So I don’t see much reason to cancel it.

I don’t think the word “cancel” is the same as “pause.”

Nothing wrong with Blu-rays/CDs, but there's just something cool about vinyl.  It forces you to be an active participant in the listening experience.  If you're listening to an album on vinyl, flipping it over is part of the whole thing.  I think it's great, because streaming makes it too easy for music to become background noise instead of the focal point.  The world is so hectic and so go-go-go all the time, so it's nice to actually slow down and enjoy the music the way the artist intended (and I mean any artist, not just Madonna).

3 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Nothing wrong with Blu-rays/CDs, but there's just something cool about vinyl.  It forces you to be an active participant in the listening experience.  If you're listening to an album on vinyl, flipping it over is part of the whole thing.  I think it's great, because streaming makes it too easy for music to become background noise instead of the focal point.  The world is so hectic and so go-go-go all the time, so it's nice to actually slow down and enjoy the music the way the artist intended (and I mean any artist, not just Madonna).

I love this reply. Thank you!  This is exactly how I feel about Vinyl.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this subject.  I agree that Vinyl you tend to focus more on what you are listening to. 

7 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Exactly. It makes you actually listen to the full album and appreciate it. Not to mention there's something about having the oversized album artwork in your hand that adds the listening experience. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. It makes you actually listen to the full album and appreciate it. Not to mention there's something about having the oversized album artwork in your hand that adds the listening experience. 

I do like the larger artwork, but changing your album every 10 minutes just to hear crackles isn’t worth it to me. :)

49 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Very well said.  A good turntable and taking care of your Vinyl, you get a nice crisp clean sound. If you are hearing other sounds than that, then you aren't taking care of your Vinyl or bought a defective album.  But the latter can happen within in any format. :)

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

I do like the larger artwork, but changing your album every 10 minutes just to hear crackles isn’t worth it to me. :)

Crackles? Most of my albums on vinyl (especially the one by Madonna) are dead silent, and I’m talking about first press albums. The Japanese and USA promo of Ray Of Light sounds ten times better than the cd, for example. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

Crackles? Most of my albums on vinyl (especially the one by Madonna) are dead silent, and I’m talking about first press albums. The Japanese and USA promo of Ray Of Light sounds ten times better than the cd, for example. 

40 minutes ago, scion said:

A lot of people unfortunately play vinyl on those cheap all in one players that sound dreadful.

Yep, sometimes it comes down to the turntable. I have albums from the 70's and 80's that are still pretty silent.  It's all about how you take care of them and the player.  :)

19 hours ago, anton5000 said:

Hope this helped!

Thanks so much! ❤️

2 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Bacteria infection. :cry:

Most likely postpone and not cancel but need Guy Oseary to update us.

But it doesn’t make sense at all… why would they cancel a scheduled release that has nothing to do with the tour? Also she’s recovering ❤️🩹… they just released the Hollywood EP / HD video. 🙃