The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

21 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Now you, sir, are a thinker

30 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Oh that's interesting...I never put two and two together....you're so right, why would he be randomly showing up to all these gigs? I'll bet they are. 

I didn’t even connect the dots! I figured maybe it would happen after the tour at best. since Stuart was labeled “music producer” and Kevin Antunes was “musical director”, I guessed Stuart's main work was done before the tour but popped in to tweak the mixes of set additions (Frozen, Take A Bow etc). I think the two of them working on music is VERY likely. Ever since I heard that podcast where they explained making “hung up” i was hoping for a reunion; he brings out the best in her. For years I’d suspected Madonna was butt hurt since her former assistant turned co-manager Angela married him and moved to London. (Not necessarily that M had feelings for him )Conspiracy theory or not, looks like they’re working together again :)

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

I didn’t even connect the dots! I figured maybe it would happen after the tour at best. since Stuart was labeled “music producer” and Kevin Antunes was “musical director”, I guessed Stuart's main work was done before the tour but popped in to tweak the mixes of set additions (Frozen, Take A Bow etc). I think the two of them working on music is VERY likely. Ever since I heard that podcast where they explained making “hung up” i was hoping for a reunion; he brings out the best in her. For years I’d suspected Madonna was butt hurt since her former assistant turned co-manager Angela married him and moved to London. (Not necessarily that M had feelings for him )Conspiracy theory or not, looks like they’re working together again :)

But I thought he's somewhat the musical director and/or at the mix desk as being the main source for the band/music since they are relying mostly on backing tracks.

It's not impossible that they could be writing some stuff, but there is no way they would be recording anything. First off, she wouldn't want to strain her voice anymore. Not only that, I imagine being the tour is a strain on her voice, she isn't going to be recording anything for a new studio album. At best, they could be writing music or coming up with ideas. 

4 minutes ago, Donna said:

But I thought he's somewhat the musical director and/or at the mix desk as being the main source for the band/music since they are relying mostly on backing tracks.

It's not impossible that they could be writing some stuff, but there is no way they would be recording anything. First off, she wouldn't want to strain her voice anymore. Not only that, I imagine being the tour is a strain on her voice, she isn't going to be recording anything for a new studio album. At best, they could be writing music or coming up with ideas. 

He could be producing songs she already recorded rough demos for before the tour as well. We know she was in the studio pre-tour at least a bit. 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:59 PM, MartinX said:

Wonder what the unexpected surprise is next week that Ricardo put on his insta? 

Probably something to do with the filming  - hope is not a sign he is involved with it as will be filtered to oblivion 

9 minutes ago, adirondak said:

He could be producing songs she already recorded rough demos for before the tour as well. We know she was in the studio pre-tour at least a bit. 

It's pretty much wishful thinking. Of course, nothing is impossible, but the tour is pretty grueling without trying to put an album together as well. I just don't believe she's doing that.  Also, I have a feeling she's wanting to release a musical documentary of this tour, so that's all going to come before any studio album.

14 minutes ago, Donna said:

I think Stuart was responsible for studio mixing and arrangements while Kevin Antunes is in charge of the live mixing at the actual shows (with additional staff) but I totally agree she wouldn't be straining her voice with significant additional recording. I can see them brainstorming or Stuart running music by her. 

3 hours ago, stefo said:

Sooner or later she will make a retire tour or at least a huge retire concert: that will be the time to close the show singing "And I'll remember the love that you gave me ..." :heart:

It better be later cause I don't want her to retire and i'm not ready for it. 

5 hours ago, Salida said:

I don't think she would ever do a retirement/farewell tour/show. I think she would go on until she can't and in the worst case scenario she would just disappear from us, but would never say that she gave up/retired. 

I don't think she considers retiring as gving up, it would be so immature from her and she is not. She just still wants to go on, when it will be the moment she'll say goodbye. Maybe not touring, I agree, but I can definitely see at least one last night. She is very respectful with her fans about this kind of stuff imo. 

15 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't think she considers retiring as gving up, it would be so immature from her and she is not. She just still wants to go on, when it will be the moment she'll say goodbye. Maybe not touring, I agree, but I can definitely see at least one last night. She is very respectful with her fans about this kind of stuff imo. 

But if it's one night, how is this respectful to the fans, when only the most wealthy (or celebrities) would be able to attend? And I do think she would consider retiring as giving up. As she has said, the great painters have painted till their last breath. There are people performing on stage in their nineties. In my country there was an theatre actress who performed until her death (she was 97). I think M's mindset is exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Salida said:

But if it's one night, how is this respectful to the fans, when only the most wealthy (or celebrities) would be able to attend? And I do think she would consider retiring as giving up. As she has said, the great painters have painted till their last breath. There are people performing on stage in their nineties. In my country there was an theatre actress who performed until her death (she was 97). I think M's mindset is exactly the same.

I think she'll continue to perform as long as it's physically possible but eventuallly she probably won't tour, since we're all getting on in age. She'll also continue to explore more themes and genres in her music, some of which her fans will probably hate and will keep us busy on these forums,  but she's an artist and will continue to produce as long as she's able. 

I think Madonna will be hitting the stage to tour atleast a couple of more times if not more. If Cher and Bruce Springsteen can do it in their 70’s, so can Madonna. She may not be able to perform as much physically or have as long of a show (or travel as far and have as many of dates), but, she can still tour. But, after this era and in the down times, she needs to keep up a physical routine and really take care of herself. Every time we see pics of her riding her bike, etc, it’s a good thing and a sign for what’s to come imo. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic