The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

43 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Bedtime story was such a mess last night... I think it's the song she struggles with the most this tour...

quick, somebody write a whole essay about how hard it is to sing lying down, Bedtime Story is the most difficult song in history to sing, she did great considering blah blah.... :laughing:

10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

quick, somebody write a whole essay about how hard it is to sing lying down, Bedtime Story is the most difficult song in history to sing, she did great considering blah blah.... :laughing:

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to her vocals.  Like anyone else who sings multiple nights for two hours straight, they aren't always gong to hit the notes perfectly.  Also, I never thought of Madonna as an artist who was vocally strong when singing live.  She certainly has her moments and some songs are easier than others. I also know she puts so much into her performances that her vocals are usually an after thought for me.

27 minutes ago, androiduser said:

17 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to her vocals.  Like anyone else who sings multiple nights for two hours straight, they aren't always gong to hit the notes perfectly.  Also, I never thought of Madonna as an artist who was vocally strong when singing live.  She certainly has her moments and some songs are easier than others. I also know she puts so much into her performances that her vocals are usually an after thought for me.

6 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Yes the whole tour is more of an artistic journey than she's done before. If she mimed it everyone would be in uproar. I prefer bad vocals anyday. 

Calm down.. I think overall she sounds fine this tour. She's 65, and she moves around allot. Some of her peers at age struggle the same and sometimes even more, and they mostly just sit or standing in front of the mic without moving. Again, i think shes doing fine this tour, but Bedtime Story is a struggle almost every night.  That's all i wanted to say. I don't mean the whole concert is a struggle... 

Yes the whole tour is more of an artistic journey than she's done before. If she mimed it everyone would be in uproar. I prefer bad vocals anyday. 

with an occasional bum note, the vocals on this tour are really good, and better than I expected AND there's more live singing than any of us expected tbh

This!  And even her "bad vocals" aren't that bad!  Even still, I prefer the flaws rather hearing a studio recording that I can hear on the album she record. :luv:

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Calm down.. I think overall she sounds fine this tour. She's 65, and she moves around allot. Some of peers at age struggle the same and sometimes even more, and they mostly just sit or standing in front of the mic without moving. Again, think shes doing fine this tour, but Bedtime Story is a struggle almost every night.  That's all i wanted to say. I don't mean the whole concert is a struggle... 

Sweety, no one is upset, unless you are? We're just having a conversation.  That's all! :luv:

2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

with an occasional bum note, the vocals on this tour are really good, and better than I expected AND there's more live singing than any of us expected tbh

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

This!  And even her "bad vocals" aren't that bad!  Even still, I prefer the flaws rather hearing a studio recording that I can hear on the album she record. :luv:

Agree ❤️

I wonder if the opening lines of “Bedtime Story” sound particularly wonky on some nights because her backing vocal track is heard almost acapella, sung and note for note while she sings live, varying her notes as well as interpretation, almost lagging behind the studio backing vocal. Either way, it’s  a great performance, especially how it transitions into “Ray of Light”. I hear Stuart all over that mix.

37 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I think it's absolutely amazing that Madonna, at 65 yrs old, is allowing herself to be filmed from above. Not many women, at any age, is willing to do that.

6 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

OMG how did the dog last that long with all those people

6 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Unreal

Can't believe she took that poor little baby to a concert. The music is so loud, dogs hear much louder than humans. I love Demi but i think she should be ashamed of herself... 

8 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Can't believe she took that poor little baby to a concert. The music is so loud, dogs hear much louder than humans. I love Demi but i think she should be ashamed of herself... 

It does seem very irresponsible why do it? just out of curiosity is this from Chicago or NY? I assumed NY

I dont like the word ashamed but yes I agree, poor doggie, they looked happy though but I know mine wouldve been scared scratching my leg to get out of the noise hiding under my seat.  They do tell you, you know. Idve never taken to something like that plus this tour is LOUD!!!!!!

I adore Bedtime Story but it does not work, vocally, the scenography, the visuals....it's a low point with the overlong Erotica/Justify bit and MJ tribute imo maybe they will look better on film because they really look like they were more made for film than for a live experience. Like DAD too. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic