Jump to content

The reviews are in


True Blue 84
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, jesus said:

“Madonna’s shows are known for being meticulous and highly conceptual, but this bricolage of past styles and aesthetics made Celebration feel unusually scrappy. That ramshackle quality was also the show’s greatest strength…”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Honey Little said:

“Madonna’s shows are known for being meticulous and highly conceptual, but this bricolage of past styles and aesthetics made Celebration feel unusually scrappy. That ramshackle quality was also the show’s greatest strength…”

I don't know if that article means it in a good way or not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sportpaleis Antwerpen Belgium 

 

Nieuwsblad 2/5 stars 

 

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20231022_91431180?utm_source=facebook

 

Vrt

 

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/10/21/madonna-sportpaleis-verslag/

Not a bad review, but also not good. They say this show takes a lot of energie from her, it shows and you can hear it sometimes. 

 

Gazet van Antwerpen 

https://m.gva.be/cnt/dmf20231022_91945364

Saying she was an hour late and they were not impressed by the concert 

 

De Morgen 4/5 stars 

 

https://www.demorgen.be/tv-cultuur/madonna-in-het-sportpaleis-ongrijpbaar-maar-ook-vaak-onweerstaanbaar~b362a9de/?fbclid=IwAR2Grxv9BVlO4qPCpv8dpfLvdEvLwVpcnVzGyFiNEWmK8zzrJbyUCAUeRBA

 

Radio1

 

https://radio1.be/luister/select/de-ochtend/na-1-uur-wachten-trakteert-queen-of-pop-madonna-fans-op-spektakel?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1DazRkmtaeDiBLI2rcHSRGwhaxe-xTPXsyI4_H3SQ-RZ5RYEKgkk5APfQ#Echobox=1697961691

 

Mostly praising her and saying she sounded great to decent. And for someone her age the show was realy worth the wait 

 

De standaard  4/5 stars 

 

https://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20231022_92879031?fbclid=iwar1wqel4hxnw0vmkk0nn7zqust8gbtisjikq2oeqyk17we-jbvakdocxxik&utm_campaign=seeding&utm_content=article&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=dso

 

Dansende Beren 

Mostly positive 

https://www.dansendeberen.be/2023/10/22/madonna-sportpaleis-onsterfelijke-queen-of-pop-toont-imperfecties/?fbclid=IwAR3EtLtxg8nUcJtt5b6_WYgQ7IIrxBr1qbFiGmEuKKtkX54OoOESbZ-eG-A

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by True Blue 84 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Sportpaleis Antwerpen Belgium 

 

Nieuwsblad 2/5 stars 

 

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20231022_91431180?utm_source=facebook

 

Vrt

 

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/10/21/madonna-sportpaleis-verslag/

Not a bad review, but also not good. They say this show takes a lot of energie from her, it shows and you can hear it sometimes. 

 

Gazet van Antwerpen 

https://m.gva.be/cnt/dmf20231022_91945364

Saying she was an hour late and they were not impressed by the concert 

 

De Morgen 4/5 stars 

 

https://www.demorgen.be/tv-cultuur/madonna-in-het-sportpaleis-ongrijpbaar-maar-ook-vaak-onweerstaanbaar~b362a9de/?fbclid=IwAR2Grxv9BVlO4qPCpv8dpfLvdEvLwVpcnVzGyFiNEWmK8zzrJbyUCAUeRBA

 

Radio1

 

https://radio1.be/luister/select/de-ochtend/na-1-uur-wachten-trakteert-queen-of-pop-madonna-fans-op-spektakel?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1DazRkmtaeDiBLI2rcHSRGwhaxe-xTPXsyI4_H3SQ-RZ5RYEKgkk5APfQ#Echobox=1697961691

 

Mostly praising her and saying she sounded great to decent. And for someone her age the show was realy worth the wait 

 

De standaard  4/5 stars 

 

https://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20231022_92879031?fbclid=iwar1wqel4hxnw0vmkk0nn7zqust8gbtisjikq2oeqyk17we-jbvakdocxxik&utm_campaign=seeding&utm_content=article&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=dso

 

Dansende Beren 

Mostly positive 

https://www.dansendeberen.be/2023/10/22/madonna-sportpaleis-onsterfelijke-queen-of-pop-toont-imperfecties/?fbclid=IwAR3EtLtxg8nUcJtt5b6_WYgQ7IIrxBr1qbFiGmEuKKtkX54OoOESbZ-eG-A

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you so much! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2023 at 8:03 AM, True Blue 84 said:

I don't know if that article means it in a good way or not 

They did. It was a surprisingly good review from them.

I posted it in the main tour thread but i think it got overlooked, and I highlighted that segment (w/a little after it). I thought it was an interesting perspective from the critique some have that the 2nd half of the show is less put together than the first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another great review from Belgium, i think this is the best one yet, the article is full of praise saying its the best show Sportpaleis Antwerpen had in the past years, giving it a 5 out of 5 stars 

 

https://www.concertnews.be/recensietonen.php?id=5550&kop=Madonna ★★★★★&waar=Sportpaleis Merksem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/18/2023 at 6:12 PM, jesus said:

 

On 10/19/2023 at 7:25 AM, Honey Little said:

“Madonna’s shows are known for being meticulous and highly conceptual, but this bricolage of past styles and aesthetics made Celebration feel unusually scrappy. That ramshackle quality was also the show’s greatest strength…”

 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:03 AM, True Blue 84 said:

I don't know if that article means it in a good way or not 

They're speaking in Pitchforkish. It's harder to get than actually nearly dead languages like Coptic and Aramaic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, LolloLillo said:

ignore good or bad review. Just enjoy the music....:) 

 

20 hours ago, androiduser said:

no no no, that's not how fan logic works.... we should only focus on the great reviews as the sign of genius, and dismiss the bad ones as jealousy :laughing:

 

14 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Agree 👍 

The good thing is that most of the reviews are good to even great. Mostly given 4 or 5 out of 5 stars. The bad ones are in the minority 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

Some Dutch reviews with parts translate for you guys, dutch media is always bashing her but this time they where pretty positive 😍

Ad gives 3 out of 5 stars, wich is still good, its like a 6 or 7 out of 10 

 

https://www.ad.nl/show/madonna-toont-zich-pas-na-22-20-uur-show-duurt-tot-ver-na-half-1-in-ziggo-dome~a3c43202/

 

 

 

When Madonna finally shows up in Amsterdam around 10:20 p.m., the audience goes crazy as if the delay is the most normal thing in the world.

 

Madonna treats Ziggo Dome to an unparalleled spectacle, which can rival what challengers such as Lady Gaga and Beyoncé offer. Well, vocally she can't match these colleagues, but it will never be as bad as that one time at the Eurovision Song Contest (2019). Moreover, her show is more personal than Beyoncé's and in terms of relevance, no one should yet be in Madonna's shadow.

 

Because that is something that sticks on the first of two evenings at Ziggo Dome: Madonna tells her life story in seven parts and almost casually recalls how great her influence as an artist has been over the past decades.

 

 

 

Then "Het Parool"

 

https://www.parool.nl/kunst-media/recensie-madonna-zingt-verrassend-genoeg-heel-behoorlijk-in-nachtelijke-ziggo-dome~bec58577/

 

Praising her vocals in the headline. Saying she sounds suprisingly good 

 

Anyone who thought that Madonna would be thinking about retirement at the age of 65 saw the opposite on Friday evening (one night!) in the Ziggo Dome: the pop queen was in old-fashioned form, although her live band was missed

 

But on Friday and Saturday, until a quarter to one, she was the center of a frenzied spectacle in which she completely changed the scene on almost every song, and played something from almost every one of her albums.

 

The performances were as always visually dazzling (what a jewel the gospel carousel of Like a Prayer is) and, surprisingly after the dive into the autotune abyss at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2019, also very well sung.

 

Then we go to " Oor" 

 

 

 

https://oor.nl/concerten/opnieuw-bewijst-madonna-vriend-en-vijand-het-tegendeel/

 

Madonna once again proves friend and enemy wrong in Ziggo Dome

 

Even when you hardly expect it anymore, Madonna still manages to surprise and prove the opposite. It has become a law: if Madonna visits again, we will be there again. Because we are going to be surprised. As she herself wrote on the screens: never can say goodbye

 

And last " Trouw" giving 4 out of 5 stars 

 

https://www.trouw.nl/cultuur-media/madonna-ontroert-en-zingt-bij-vlagen-gewoon-mooi~b358e235/

 

The biggest surprise of the evening was the emotional content of the show, notes Trouw. During the concert, Madonna not only looked back on forty years of hits, but also on her life." "The emotional highlight of the evening was the song Live to Tell. Madonna also dedicated this song to friends who had lost her. And the compelling way in which she sang the song gave me goosebumps. She has never sounded so moving live. ."

 

I am verry happy to see finaly some positive articles about her again 🥰..

 

 And she deserves it, The show is AMAZING

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use