Timeline: What’s coming next?

thiagosb

On 10/28/2023 at 4:29 AM, Fabiolous said:

She can't do it without investors. This why she hasn't made a movie since 2011. She tried multiple times but no one wants to pay for a movie no one will want to see. If the biopic had been given the green light, it'd be almost out by now. She went on tour because either the script is terrible or no one wants to pay for a movie directed by Madonna. We all know people won't give it a chance and critics will give it horrible reviews. No investors = no biopic, and she can't change it. If she gave up on directing it, I think they might let her make it.

No Weinstein , No Movie. This is the story.

at the end of 2024 she will try with the biopic

2025 Celebration tour streaming and maybe Biopic release

second part 2025 New Album

2026 New Tour

I’m starting to think a new album is defo not coming. I think she’s been watching the absolute coin Taylor Swift has been making by re-recording her albums and specifically re-recording old demos from that era. (Which some of the time are actually new songs written for the project I believe).

I’m under the impression that all these hook ups with producers past and present are linked to the special editions. This is one of the reasons why the EPs aren’t being held back as additional content. The content will be new. 
Some new remixes some newly revisited old demos and maybe some vintage stuff too. 

After the curveball Celebration Tour setlist did you really think Madonna was just gonna plonk some old dusty versions out on a double CD and say there you go?

No no no. Mother is in legacy building and cementing mode at the moment and I think these reissues will be way more than we anticipated. The old and the new. 
Four Decades. 

On 10/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, thiagosb said:

I still believe in the biopic project. All the time invested in the research to revisit her past and draft the script… I do not believe it will be for nothing. 

She has purchased (and retained) the rights to multiple books for film adaptations and have worked on numerous scripts with writers for several decades now. History does repeat itself....

They know the biopic will never work. Needs a tragic redemption arc for a 2 hour version to work.

A streaming series narrated by Madonna would be the best outcome, they have all the footage already.

But missing the 40th anniversary window was a big sign it will be all M's way until its not, no fan service. They could not even get a version of this tour out before 2026 let alone a theatre release like other global acts are leading on for global stars

Yeah there’s no way Madonna will paint her own life as tragic. She is not a victim and will refuse to be painted as one. If anything she’ll push the ALL women are victims of misogyny and she’s a trailblazer as someone who never even knew her mother properly. 
That’s not even a historical story it’s about as current as it could be.  

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I’m starting to think a new album is defo not coming. I think she’s been watching the absolute coin Taylor Swift has been making by re-recording her albums and specifically re-recording old demos from that era. (Which some of the time are actually new songs written for the project I believe).

I’m under the impression that all these hook ups with producers past and present are linked to the special editions. This is one of the reasons why the EPs aren’t being held back as additional content. The content will be new. 
Some new remixes some newly revisited old demos and maybe some vintage stuff too. 

After the curveball Celebration Tour setlist did you really think Madonna was just gonna plonk some old dusty versions out on a double CD and say there you go?

No no no. Mother is in legacy building and cementing mode at the moment and I think these reissues will be way more than we anticipated. The old and the new. 
Four Decades. 

Interesting take

On 10/27/2023 at 9:29 PM, Fabiolous said:

She can't do it without investors. This why she hasn't made a movie since 2011. She tried multiple times but no one wants to pay for a movie no one will want to see. If the biopic had been given the green light, it'd be almost out by now. She went on tour because either the script is terrible or no one wants to pay for a movie directed by Madonna. We all know people won't give it a chance and critics will give it horrible reviews. No investors = no biopic, and she can't change it. If she gave up on directing it, I think they might let her make it.

I thought she initially did have studio backing (even w/her as director 😬) but there was too much butting heads w/execs who wanted a mostly upbeat rehash of her career a la Bohemian Rhapsody or the whitney movie while M wanted to tell a grittier story.

Either way I just wish she’d relinquish directing responsibilities. Hell, see if she could talk Greta Gerwig into it. If she does write and direct it’ll come out with a bullseye on it, even if it’s decent. She deserves a well made, well received movie.

I’m fine w/her writing and I like Julia Garner cast. But leave directing to someone else.

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Four Decades. 

Interesting hypothesis 🤔🤔🤔

The only think I would argue is that it would take a very long time to accomplish this. 

But besides a New Album it would be amazing 

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Four Decades. 

Made like this, it could be good too.

Even if I'm really eager for a new musical project. Before she retires I hope she will make a proper last strong songs record (Patrick Leonard involved in it I wish), in the style of Like a Prayer or a more maturely produced Rebel Heart.

10 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Interesting hypothesis 🤔🤔🤔

The only think I would argue is that it would take a very long time to accomplish this. 

But besides a New Album it would be amazing 

These collaborators have been seen in and out of the studio with her over the last years. Wasn't Lenny even there at one point?

Mirwais and Diplo are always on hand. We know Stuart was coy when asked if he was working with her again. Pat and Nile have been back and with Max, Abel and Sickik too and even rumours of Katy Perry. Even Orbit would be there in a heartbeat despite the mess after MDNA. There's just been a lot of speculation hasn't there and I can't see all these names for one singular project can you? Especially as were in such a looking back period of her life and the Warner Reissues are imminent. I'll bet that Warner are not the ones holding this back. This is Madonna vetoing a simple reissue and wanting as many current artists as possible to be involved in deluxe with reversions and new content in the style of etc. If she's revisited some stuff that was presented by Nile to her for the Virgin Sessions that would be an absolute gag. I sadly don't think the two people we'd probably want more than anyone will be involved. Steve Bray and Step. Steves contribution will likely be historical in the Pre-Madonna stuff as will Jellybean. 

Collabs are the way to vastly multiply the promotion and distribution of content especially on streaming platform. She has physical sales locked in with the hardcore fanbase anyway. We'll buy it for three dusty old demos wont we? But if the single reissues campaign has proved anything it only really keeps her streaming numbers ticking along as a reasonable rate but there's nothing life changing there...this will be the same for standard renditions with old demos attached. Stick 3-4 new names per album reissue and your talking mammoth boosts and maximising sales. Just look at Sickick, Blondish and the WKND collabs. Don't expect Dolly Parton on Don't Tell Me or Cher on Express Yourself but Cardi, Nicky, Meg, Katy, Taylor, Ari, Abel, Bad Bunny, Doja, Olivia, Billie Eilish, SZA, Anita, Miley etc would all dutifully spend an afternoon laying down something for her. Maybe even Britney and Bey as the mutual love and respect has been palpable in recent years. I wouldn't rule out her kids making musical appearances either. Gaga would be a nice full circle moment but were veering into fan fic here. Add in big DJ names and the chance to be part of a classic songs journey and you've got a streaming hit on your hands. They'd jump. out of respect, she's the last woman standing of the Megastar era. I don't think the MJ and Prince tributes were accidental. They're a reminder to everyone that she is still here and if you want to be attached to that holy trinity in real time she is your last chance. 

Also if her original studio vocals are already laid down for old demos and they're farmed out to producers this is a multi task operation that she curates and doesn't need to be at the centre of. Look how quickly the WKD, MAX, Dua, Sexy Santana, Sam Smith stuff was turned around.

She's feeling playful with her catalogue for the very first time. I sense she's enjoying it and will play with it.

25 minutes ago, steady75 said:

These collaborators have been seen in and out of the studio with her over the last years. Wasn't Lenny even there at one point?

She's feeling playful with her catalogue for the very first time. I sense she's enjoying it and will play with it.

I do love all you’ve said, and it might make sense with what we’ve seen since the Warner announcement, it sounds too good, if it is so let’s hope it materializes fast. Not #soon but SOON!!!

7 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I refuse to believe we arent getting a new album until after the Tour.

Something has to be in the pipeline.

Something for Xmas this year would be nice.

Nah, we're not getting anything "new" until after the tour sometime.  At the most, we may get a LAV re-issue.  Or at least one could hope, but I'm not holding my breath.  It's just with the Virgin album, that's when she really exploded, so it's hard to believe they are going to let that album's 40th go by, simply with a digital release of "Angel" ala Lucky Star this year for the MADONNA album.