Which album should get a sequel?

Fabiolous

I say "none" as well.  No 2.0 will every measure up to the original.  I remember a couple songs within her career that ended up with a Choir in the song, (Nothing Fails) people were comparing it to LAP. It's nothing a like, but while I think it's a great song, it is miles away from the greatness of Like A Prayer song. 

I think the closest we got to 2.0 songs is with some of the William Orbit songs.  Ray of Light (song), Beautiful Stranger and Amazing are so close in their sounds.  But a lot of that is because it's a distinct sound to William Orbit as I've heard it in other songs from other artists he produced with.

8 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

That’s what I want too.
I mean, if she can work with William Orbit and Mirwais again, why not Stuart next. 

Because the albums that they did years later were pretty lackluster. Stuart wouldn’t fare any better, unless she wants to base another song around a famous ABBA sample. 

I would choose I'm Breathless without hesitation because the sound of this album is timeless, that is, it transcends time. Many legendary artists such as Christina Aguilera, Sting, Sinead O'Connor and others like Lady Gaga have also made this type of music because it is a sound that makes anyone fall in love with its class and elegance: listening to those trumpets, that piano or that saxophone transports you in time and is a real pleasure for the ears. Not like hip hop 🤮🤮

On the other hand, other albums such as Confessions, Music or Erotica would not represent any novelty in terms of sound. It caused an impact at the time, it's true, but music evolves every year and only some styles like jazz will remain unbeatable even after 100 more years.

On 12/13/2023 at 11:00 AM, drivebitch said:

Because the albums that they did years later were pretty lackluster. Stuart wouldn’t fare any better, unless she wants to base another song around a famous ABBA sample. 

I disagree, Stuart has been very successful with other artists in recent years. The other two hadn't, so it was more of a gamble.

10 hours ago, Joan Rivers said:

you sure? i think doing a vol 2 for it would give her a chance to release what she actually wanted for rebel heart, but couldnt do because of the leaks.

Ms Levine, I do believe she wants to be distant from Rebel Heart era (as well as her other Interscope ones). Ofc she has her "darling songs" from all 3, but to her they are her downhill fall in every sense.

17 hours ago, Joan Rivers said:

you sure? i think doing a vol 2 for it would give her a chance to release what she actually wanted for rebel heart, but couldnt do because of the leaks.

Definitely. Rebel Heart could have been Madonna's most ambitious musical project but it could not be realized due to leaks. I'm sure that sooner or later she will revisit the idea, perhaps with new songs and some demos that didn't make it onto the final album.

I don't think anyone would think that Madonna despises this album. Please! Not even that they could read Madonna's mind. She appreciates all of her records. To say otherwise would be to discredit her career.

12 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Definitely. Rebel Heart could have been Madonna's most ambitious musical project but it could not be realized due to leaks. I'm sure that sooner or later she will revisit the idea, perhaps with new songs and some demos that didn't make it onto the final album.

I don't think anyone would think that Madonna despises this album. Please! Not even that they could read Madonna's mind. She appreciates all of her records. To say otherwise would be to discredit her career.

Oh dear chicx whoever has assumed I said Madonna hates Rebel Heart must take some English class lessons right with you.

I never said such thing. Madonna doesn't hate Rebel Heart (oh gosh I can't believe I have to tell this explicitly), but the whole experience she suffered prior to its official launch and how she was (poorly) surrounded by Interscope regarding this issue. This is what would hinder her to do a Rebel Heart Vol. 2 (although Madame X was to some sort a Rebel Heart Vol. 2 actually).

And chicx Latinx, I don't read M's mind. I know by her answers during interviews what she feels about such experience as well as Interscope Records as a whole. Of course she left them to never come back.

10 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Oh dear chicx whoever has assumed I said Madonna hates Rebel Heart must take some English class lessons right with you.

I never said such thing. Madonna doesn't hate Rebel Heart (oh gosh I can't believe I have to tell this explicitly), but the whole experience she suffered prior to its official launch and how she was (poorly) surrounded by Interscope regarding this issue. This is what would hinder her to do a Rebel Heart Vol. 2 (although Madame X was to some sort a Rebel Heart Vol. 2 actually).

And chicx Latinx, I don't read M's mind. I know by her answers during interviews what she feels about such experience as well as Interscope Records as a whole. Of course she left them to never come back.

interscope was such a messy deal.... happy shes back with warner 

I must repeat; no album should get a "sequel".  This isn't Madonna's style.  While the fanbase is very diverse, she has managed more success by taking on new projects and producers that are less related to previous projects.  While there has been repeated success with a few earlier producers like Pat Leonard and Stephen Bray, there is no way it would work today.  There is some truth to the fact some enjoy nostalgia and little tribute to past success, but it never measures up to the first success.  So expecting a 2.0. to any album you like is unlikely, it would most likely bomb.  Even teaming up with the same producers years later (as she's done) has proven to be unsuccessful for many fans who are hoping she's going to score another mainstream top 40 hit when that will never happen again without the connection of someone who is currently "now" involved. 

47 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I must repeat; no album should get a "sequel".  This isn't Madonna's style.  While the fanbase is very diverse, she has managed more success by taking on new projects and producers that are less related to previous projects.  While there has been repeated success with a few earlier producers like Pat Leonard and Stephen Bray, there is no way it would work today.  There is some truth to the fact some enjoy nostalgia and little tribute to past success, but it never measures up to the first success.  So expecting a 2.0. to any album you like is unlikely, it would most likely bomb.  Even teaming up with the same producers years later (as she's done) has proven to be unsuccessful for many fans who are hoping she's going to score another mainstream top 40 hit when that will never happen again without the connection of someone who is currently "now" involved. 

Agree completely but people are more talking about their own personal fantasy sequel I think.