Madonna sued for ‘false advertising’ after starting Brooklyn concerts 2 hours late

Askeroff

1 hour ago, rayofciccone said:

That’s so nice, I hope you stayed in contact.. I’m sure many people have found new romances waiting around for her to show up

It's an interesting and positive way to take from it.  She really does bring people together.

"Music....

35 minutes ago, dave2290 said:

This show are always amazing place.... With people who are very intresting.....

It's an Event! It's definitely going to be the most interesting thing I'm doing all year so I don't know why people are so hard pressed if she's late. Enjoy the moment! I know I'm not just there to see her I'm there to surround myself with people who adore her as much as I do. And to be honest that is almost just as exciting.  Especially when there are people everywhere that roll their eyes at her.

42 minutes ago, Piksel8 said:

It's probably one of those people who leave to buy food or hot dogs during her ballads.......

For real!  Sorry, once that show starts. I'm glued to my seat until the show is over!  There is no way I leaving because of a ballad or an interlude.  Those end up being some of the greatest and most unique/interesting parts of her shows at times! 

4 hours ago, Jackie said:

But also, what actually constitutes the start of a concert - does the pre band aka. Stuart Price DJ'ng mean the show has started? If so - it's irrelevant what time she actually comes on as the 'show' has started.

This. 

Her lawyers probably use this argument. As the "starting" time in the ticket can imply background music, lighting, guest DJ, etc. 

4 hours ago, sara94 said:

They will not win. Cause if they will, soon everybody who attended the shows will try this and then what? 

Not only will they NOT win, it's just a ridiculous thing to do, especially as someone who claims to be a "fan".  Imagine going to THREE concerts and most likely enjoyed every minute of it (or why even go back the second night?) and then sue?  It's just utterly ridiculous. If they truly are fans, they need to give back their fan card. 

well there was also a case after the MDNA show in Santiago, but it was the promoter that was sued, and many years later, those who sued got back a proportion of the ticket value they originally bought, or so the judge said, I got no idea of that was paid or not.

7 hours ago, Andymad said:

It's an Event! It's definitely going to be the most interesting thing I'm doing all year so I don't know why people are so hard pressed if she's late. Enjoy the moment! I know I'm not just there to see her I'm there to surround myself with people who adore her as much as I do. And to be honest that is almost just as exciting.  Especially when there are people everywhere that roll their eyes at her.

Happy for you dear !!!!!

12 minutes ago, madonnaBG said:

"fans", "damages"??? :) Sounds ridiculous!! 

People travel around the world for a single show, get a days-off from work and not complain!

I thinks it’s a publicity stunt from her PR team. It makes her look like a spoiled diva and that’s a huge part of her and many rock star’s appeal over the decades.

Ooh let's hope they win because if it's out there and people know they can sue then this tardiness should stop.

There is no excuse for technical issues she's been having these issues since sticky & sweet, she needs to hire a team if that's the case because they have got to the bottom of these technical issues for the past 16 years