Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

Just now, Anapausis said:

Where's Delebarre to update Madonna.com? Will they wait one more hour till it's 8pm Rio time??? Comm'on, Drowned, you teased that, you put this on me (again grazie mille @stefo), so now what??? I wanna eat my farofa com linguiça at the beach after singing The Beast Within!!! #churrasconabrasa

I only hope they don't charge a kidney for a espetinho de queijo coalho...

Btw...

Farofa com linguiça:

images-2.jpeg.e930b7bfefa5b3e7c5cbaf3166ccebeb.jpeg  and espetinho de queijo coalho:

images-1.jpeg.9362ae9f37963a358a8a15333e6830b0.jpeg @Honey Little are they better than what you are used to eat in Misiones???

The announcement will happen Sunday night on Fantastico, on Rede Globo.

They were the ones who always debuted her music videos here in Brazil at a time when we didn't have internet. Also, they were the ones who always made her announcements to the Brazilian audience, such as world tours, interviews and album releases. 

5 hours ago, Jackie said:

This is great - I mean, it all made sense - why would she do a random advert for a  Bank if it wasn't linked to some sort of pre-promotion. 

Interesting comment from DrownedMadonna that to tour on a second leg would require international investors -  I understand that touring in general now is very expensive and it'll come down to cost vs benefit - but wouldn't Live Nation be the investor/backer?

Isn’t that just the same as having sponsorship? For example, Taylor had Crown sponsor her Australian tour.  I really don’t trust Drowned Madonna as a source for info, they sometimes share rumours that turn out to be true but they are still just a fan site and have been wrong many times.

4 hours ago, Anapausis said:

I only hope they don't charge a kidney for a espetinho de queijo coalho...

Btw...

Farofa com linguiça:

images-2.jpeg.e930b7bfefa5b3e7c5cbaf3166ccebeb.jpeg  and espetinho de queijo coalho:

images-1.jpeg.9362ae9f37963a358a8a15333e6830b0.jpeg @Honey Little are they better than what you are used to eat in Misiones???

Oh, my God! How much cholesterol! Can you seriously eat all that?

In my case I try to take care of my diet and not put anything in my mouth. That's why my diet is based on Madonna's healthy diet and, like her, we avoid fried foods, flours and fats at all costs, giving preference to vegetables, fruits and fish. And to quench thirst, no soft drinks or artificial fruit juices, but rather fresh water or coconut water. Not to offend those who like to eat those types of foods that are so overloaded with fat, but we should imitate Madonna even when it comes to food. Even in that she is the best in everything.

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

This is great - I mean, it all made sense - why would she do a random advert for a  Bank if it wasn't linked to some sort of pre-promotion. 

Interesting comment from DrownedMadonna that to tour on a second leg would require international investors -  I understand that touring in general now is very expensive and it'll come down to cost vs benefit - but wouldn't Live Nation be the investor/backer?

I don't know how viable it would be to tour South America, given the exchange rates of the currencies (don't know about the countries, I'm taking BR into consideration, as that's where I'm from)... I mean, lots are tours are coming here, especially after the pandemic, but we know how much M's concerts are more expensive than other artists...

Add that to the fact that it would not be possible to play in arenas, because there is only one in the country in the same format as they are happening in the US (Rioarena, in Rio), and filling it with people paying in BRL would probably not make a profit, so they would have to resort to playing in stadiums (although I think they could make the show work in some, like Allianz Parque, but not Morumbi), and even still the exchange rate would make it hard, either on their profit, or either on the price of the tickets for concertgoers. I mean, what they were charging for this tour in other countries, when converted to BRL, would equate to more than a month's minimum wage (even though it's not actually a living wage here in Brazil, but don't wanna go off on that tangent).

When I first saw about the Itaú ads, I thought they would sponsor a regular, "normal" tour with a few concerts in the country, not this, but still...

In short, I guess international investors would be necessary to compensate for the exchange rates in some regions...

47 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Isn’t that just the same as having sponsorship? For example, Taylor had Crown sponsor her Australian tour.  I really don’t trust Drowned Madonna as a source for info, they sometimes share rumours that turn out to be true but they are still just a fan site and have been wrong many times.

How can you not trust them when 98% they said about the tour was real? From the announcement, most of the set list (and the songs that are not in it were actually part of the show at some point).

I’m not here to defend them of course, but they were also right about Kylie just yesterday 😅

Among her fansites they are the one with the best sources for sure. 

54 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Oh, my God! How much cholesterol! Can you seriously eat all that?

In my case I try to take care of my diet and not put anything in my mouth. That's why my diet is based on Madonna's healthy diet and, like her, we avoid fried foods, flours and fats at all costs, giving preference to vegetables, fruits and fish. And to quench thirst, no soft drinks or artificial fruit juices, but rather fresh water or coconut water. Not to offend those who like to eat those types of foods that are so overloaded with fat, but we should imitate Madonna even when it comes to food. Even in that she is the best in everything.

I'm from Brazil and I would never eat that. Believe me. Eating food from strangers on the street is a big no, it's not healthy and people that sell those things always lack hygiene procedures. Most of us choose light food as well. Beach and those things do not match at all. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

How can you not trust them when 98% they said about the tour was real? From the announcement, most of the set list (and the songs that are not in it were actually part of the show at some point).

I’m not here to defend them of course, but they were also right about Kylie just yesterday 😅

Among her fansites they are the one with the best sources for sure. 

To be honest I don’t follow them or look at what they post or have any idea who they are. The stuff they said about the tour I never heard as I was avoiding spoilers. The mistrust is based on the past. Okay if they are fairly reliable nowadays , that’s great to know. But it hasnt always been the case. Madonna encyclopedia I know is a trustworthy source and I believe they and Kat posted about Kylie before drowned Madonna.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

oh I did not know that re Taylor having Crown sponsor her - didn't think she'd need that seeing 500,000 tickets lol 

9 minutes ago, Jackie said:

oh I did not know that re Taylor having Crown sponsor her - didn't think she'd need that seeing 500,000 tickets lol 

Yeah I don’t really know how these things work or why theyd need to do that but I seem to recall a lot of sponsorship deals for tours in the past. Perhaps it is to do with covering overhead costs before they sell the tickets / break even? Either way, I doubt it’s something Madonna couldn’t secure and I’m sure if she wants to continue the tour, she can. They are making it sound like she has to end the tour because she can’t get funding for it :laughing:

41 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah I don’t really know how these things work or why theyd need to do that but I seem to recall a lot of sponsorship deals for tours in the past. Perhaps it is to do with covering overhead costs before they sell the tickets / break even? Either way, I doubt it’s something Madonna couldn’t secure and I’m sure if she wants to continue the tour, she can. They are making it sound like she has to end the tour because she can’t get funding for it :laughing:

lol yes re the funding comment 

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They definitely have connections and have been right many times more than they have been wrong over the last 20+ years, same with MadonnaTribe 

9 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Where's Delebarre to update Madonna.com? Will they wait one more hour till it's 8pm Rio time??? Comm'on, Drowned, you teased that, you put this on me (again grazie mille @stefo), so now what??? I wanna eat my farofa com linguiça at the beach after singing The Beast Within!!! #churrasconabrasa

We'll burn the linguiça in the lake that burns with fire

5 hours ago, RebelMe said:

The announcement will happen Sunday night on Fantastico, on Rede Globo.

They were the ones who always debuted her music videos here in Brazil at a time when we didn't have internet. Also, they were the ones who always made her announcements to the Brazilian audience, such as world tours, interviews and album releases. 

It would be great if they managed to do a interview with her for the announcement, something similar to the Luciano Huck one.

Can't wait to have Mother here in Brazil again

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

To be honest I don’t follow them or look at what they post or have any idea who they are. The stuff they said about the tour I never heard as I was avoiding spoilers. The mistrust is based on the past. Okay if they are fairly reliable nowadays , that’s great to know. But it hasnt always been the case. Madonna encyclopedia I know is a trustworthy source and I believe they and Kat posted about Kylie before drowned Madonna.

No Drowned Madonna posted it before. In the past they weren’t as good with rumours, in the last few years yes. But then again in the past we had Madonnarama and MadonnaTribe with lots of stuff about projects. Now they are basically the only ones. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

No Drowned Madonna posted it before. In the past they weren’t as good with rumours, in the last few years yes. But then again in the past we had Madonnarama and MadonnaTribe with lots of stuff about projects. Now they are basically the only ones. 

Madonnarama was so good back in the day

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced