Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

1 hour ago, Nahash said:

@Jackie could you lock this thread until Tuesday??? If this is the actual day of announcement, I don't see why keeping with all this trollage and stupid, useless speculation...

Speculation is inevitable and understandable given the lack of information and not only in music but in politics, sports, etc. If you make a little mental effort you will remember that the same thing happened just recently with The Celebration Tour. And it will also happen with her new album, her movie, etc.

If you think that speculating is stupid and useless, it would be best for you to take a short break and not enter the forum for a couple of years. Sorry! I meant a couple of weeks and probably by then there should already be an official confirmation of this event and the speculation that makes you so uncomfortable will already be over.

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I am sure if the rumors are true re budget - it's gonna be extravagant!

the one billion dollar budget? Not sure if this is what you mean, but regarding the "one billion dollar" rumor - the cost of the entire 2024 Olympic Games is 4.5 billion... and that's with all the stadium reconstructions, all the construction work going on in Paris, accommodation for everyone etc.

The Burj Khalifa cost 1.5 billion to build.

Fans are throwing crazy numbers around. The entire tour will earn about $200 million, the show in Rio won't cost more than a few millions.

9 minutes ago, androiduser said:

the one billion dollar budget? Not sure if this is what you mean, but regarding the "one billion dollar" rumor - the cost of the entire 2024 Olympic Games is 4.5 billion... and that's with all the stadium reconstructions, all the construction work going on in Paris, accommodation for everyone etc.

The Burj Khalifa cost 1.5 billion to build.

Fans are throwing crazy numbers around. The entire tour will earn about $200 million, the show in Rio won't cost more than a few millions.

Who ever said the bulk of the sponsor money is going towards staging?

22 minutes ago, androiduser said:

well, where would one billion go? sure, there will be other substantial costs, but it's a concert, not the Olympics

18 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Very true - logistics, infrastructure (fencing - road closures/diversions etc) - plus the staging itself wouldn't be more than a few million.

Don't forget the biopic!

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

she's not getting 900 MILLION dollars for one show... I swear people are just making up numbers for stan wars :laughing:

I know, I'm just laughing in jest. She obviously will pocket a huge chunk of dough if this is a "free" concert. She's not performing for free when people like Rihanna or Beyonce make millions for performing at weddings.

If this is going to get a huge alleged sponsorship (not $1bn) from multiple sponsors, then my guess is that it may change the "epic-ness" of the show - just my guess. But I do think a huge chunk of the Celebration Tour will be the basis of this show if not all of it.

There is something good coming from the leaks though, it generated a huge demand. So for Madonna, more demand = more lucrative for sponsors to offer money.

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

She deserves every last penny too. 

But will she have enough life to spend so much money? Sometimes I start to think about how much of a millionaire a person can be and how they always want to increase their fortune more and more even though they already have enough to live the rest of their lives. Anyway.  It made me want to meditate on that matter when I saw so many astronomical amounts of money directed only towards one person.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced