Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

One of her most unforgettable shows ever! I loved every minute of it (especially the performance below). Whether the Rio show is an hour long or two hours long, it will be greatness.

Oooh I still can’t listen to the beginning of DAD without singing at least mentally the intro of BK on top of it 😍

13 minutes ago, extreme said:

This adds up to nothing. Only a few brats from Twitter/Instagram are furious over this and they wouldn’t watch/go to rhe concert anyway. Don’t give a damn about some conservative-fueled crap.

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'm getting flashbacks to MDNA at Olympia 

On July 17 2012, it was announced Madonna would do an "intimate one night only performance" at Paris's Olympia hall, on Thursday July 26 2012. It was described as Madonna's way "to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists". Tickets for the concert were first allotted to members of her official fan club on July 18, and three days later, were put on sale for the general public;

The concert was critically panned by fans and attendees, many of whom had allegedly paid more than €280 or had slept on the street overnight to be able to purchase tickets, with most of the criticism centering on the fact that the set only lasted 45 minutes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120720192354/https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-adds-special-performance-at-paris-famed-olympia-july-26th

Following the backlash, publicist Liz Rosenberg issued a statement saying that "[the show] was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable [...] [it] cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes"

https://web.archive.org/web/20201103130228/https://www.mtv.com/news/1690697/madonna-paris-show-mdna-tour/

Obviously this is a free concert but for now the fear is there, I'm sure it will all be fine

don't need to be worried! I think that the sponsors wouldn't held a press conference and mobilize both government and private parties for a 45min concert. 

Itaú and the other sponsors paid for the show in full and it has been said multiple times it will be "a 2 hour event" 

relax and enjoy the show darling 💕

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'm getting flashbacks to MDNA at Olympia 

On July 17 2012, it was announced Madonna would do an "intimate one night only performance" at Paris's Olympia hall, on Thursday July 26 2012. It was described as Madonna's way "to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists". Tickets for the concert were first allotted to members of her official fan club on July 18, and three days later, were put on sale for the general public;

The concert was critically panned by fans and attendees, many of whom had allegedly paid more than €280 or had slept on the street overnight to be able to purchase tickets, with most of the criticism centering on the fact that the set only lasted 45 minutes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120720192354/https://www.madonna.com/news/title/madonnas-mdna-tour-adds-special-performance-at-paris-famed-olympia-july-26th

Following the backlash, publicist Liz Rosenberg issued a statement saying that "[the show] was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable [...] [it] cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes"

https://web.archive.org/web/20201103130228/https://www.mtv.com/news/1690697/madonna-paris-show-mdna-tour/

Obviously this is a free concert but for now the fear is there, I'm sure it will all be fine

don't need to be worried! I think that the sponsors wouldn't held a press conference and mobilize both government and private parties for a 45min concert. 

Itaú and the other sponsors paid for the show in full and it has been said multiple times it will be "a 2 hour event" 

relax and enjoy the show darling 💕

12 hours ago, Ekans said:

According to Veja Rio’s journalists, this is actually the final map for the show. I cannot read anything but at the far right you can see that the stage is supposed to be exactly the same as the rest of the tour. I just can’t figure out where the VIP area is delimited?

IMG_8359.png

Someone on Twitter zoomed in:

GLVw12k-WQAAL6im.jpg

To my observation, it looks like the full stage that we've seen. I see the 2 side catwalks that unite into the main center one.

Those square things to the left and right of the end of the main catwalk look like structure to hold up her box thing she flies in which connect to the main stage. That's if this image is real.

Lastly, regarding that Music rehearsal audio, to my ear it sounds like it blends in with the drums from either Bitch I'm Madonna or the GMAYL intro, which if I'm hearing it right, she's either adding Music before or after Bitch I'm Madonna.

5 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

GLVw12k-WQAAL6im.jpg

To my observation, it looks like the full stage that we've seen. I see the 2 side catwalks that unite into the main center one.

Those square things to the left and right of the end of the main catwalk look like structure to hold up her box thing she flies in which connect to the main stage. That's if this image is real.

Lastly, regarding that Music rehearsal audio, to my ear it sounds like it blends in with the drums from either Bitch I'm Madonna or the GMAYL intro, which if I'm hearing it right, she's either adding Music before or after Bitch I'm Madonna.

That would be the exact place for it to be 

A big music singalong as live 8 or something like that 

51 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

GLVw12k-WQAAL6im.jpg

Still can’t read much. I’m so anxious about the Espaço Itaú thing that I wish I could plan where I’ll be staying lol I can’t stop imagining the possibilities!

8 hours ago, Voguerista said:

As some have mentioned,  I’m wondering if this show will be completely different from the Celebration show?  Something on the line of the Live 8 shows with only five or six songs? The only reason I’m wondering this is she might want to do something completely different from the Celebration tour (as the tour might be getting so tiring for her now). New costumes etc. Nothing would surprise me.

I don't think it's going to be something significantly different.  The press statement is pretty clear she's bringing The Celebration Tour to Rio to wrap up the tour.  I'm gonna bet it will be pretty much the same show, with a possible few minor changes to fit the venue.  Since it's being broadcasted, I can't see why she would do a cookie cutter version of the show?  No doubt, she wants the world to see this show in it's full glory. 

I don't mind the discussion and speculation.  It's quite fun!  It's the certainty some are posting it's going to be completely different that is misleading.  I will admit that I don't know anymore than anyone else if it's the full show.  Therefore, we should acknowledge that no one knows for certain this show is going to be condensed or completely different either.  :)

14 hours ago, extreme said:

She was just joking. The media is really bad, they make money on articles to make people hate someone.

A Brazilian friend of mine told me that this is all over the Brazilian media and that she is receiving incredible waves of hate: they are calling her stupid, rude... In reality, it's just her way of joking, simply not everyone understands it. I think it will have a lesser impact on her show.

Maybe around 10% fewer people will attend, that's all.

Why would she rehearse a complete version of Music if not to put it in the show? Changing whole segments of the show would be crazy, but adding a song where it's already teased in the performance or replacing another one could actually happen

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

Why would she rehearse a complete version of Music if not to put it in the show? Changing whole segments of the show would be crazy, but adding a song where it's already teased in the performance or replacing another one could actually happen

I agree! But I think she's not changing the end of the show, so Music might be a replacement for DCFMA

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I don't believe she's going to perform the full Music performance as people are hoping.  But I would agree it would make for a wonderful ending still.  Nothing has been confirmed other than her full show making a last stop in RIO.  The rest is speculation. :)