Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It was during the concert in Singapore, Iconic and Devil Pray were also removed from the set list because of the use of religious imagery in those songs

But it happened only because it’s local law. I don’t think she would skip performances just because of politics - which in Rio are a bit conservative by the way. And Itau is known (at least recently) for embracing diversity so their word would have more power than the word of Rio’s mayor.

1 hour ago, WopaelWopael said:

well she skipped Holy Water for some asian shows too, so she is now known to blend in.

Yes in one country where you are sent to jail for littering or cutting the hands of people who stole in the past, zero tolerance for drugs in the present, no mockery of any religion and of course homosexuality is forbidden, a little different than Brazil I believe 

As mentioned it was only in Singapore, when I was there I saw that that very harsh method seemed to have worked very well for them, very beautiful place. 

To meet the great public demand, Metrô do Rio announces extension of opening hours. It will be until 4 am at the Cardeal Arcoverde/Copacabana, Siqueira Campos/Copacabana and Cantagalo/Copacabana stations.

The concessionaire recommends that customers give preference to the Siqueira Campos/Copacabana station both on the way to and from the event.

The other stations in the system will operate normally, from 5 am to midnight on Saturday. After the usual closing time, they will only be open for the disembarkation of the public who went to the show.

To go to the show, on Saturday, the concessionaire's guidance is that customers preferably disembark at the Siqueira Campos/Copacabana station. The Cardeal Arcoverde/Copacabana station will only be open for arrivals from 4pm to 10pm; and after 10pm, only for boarding with pre-purchased cards or contactless payment method (NFC).

#madonna #madonnainrio #madonnanobrasil #thecelebrationtourinrio #rio #riodejaneiro #festonna

Madonna will reportedly film her final ‘Celebration Tour’ show in Rio de Janeiro for a new concert film set to hit streaming platforms. 

The Queen of Pop is expected to attract a crowd of more than 1.5 million fans for the Brazillian gig at Copacabana Beach on May 4, with camera crews on standby to record the set.

According to The Sun’s Bizarre column, the concert will air on local TV before being packaged with behind-the-scenes extras before dropping on streaming platforms

https://retropopmagazine.com/madonna-planning-concert-film-for-final-celebration-tour-gig/

40 minutes ago, Neil said:

They have. In completely the wrong place. And there’s already a queue for the queue.

grabs popcorn.

I always wondered if any artist is really worth camping for days, weeks or even months (I'm looking at you, Brazilian Bieber's fans :D) for the sake of being right in front of the stage. I don't know... Sleeping on the (usually unsafe) street, possibly in a cold weather and/or under rain, with no comfort etc. And under the risk of the concert being cancelled even right in the day of the show (I'm looking at you again, Brazilian Bieber's fans :D), making all this struggle in vain... I don't know if I'd do it even for Madonna in a regular concert, even less in a free one.

1 hour ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Madonna will reportedly film her final ‘Celebration Tour’ show in Rio de Janeiro for a new concert film set to hit streaming platforms. 

The Queen of Pop is expected to attract a crowd of more than 1.5 million fans for the Brazillian gig at Copacabana Beach on May 4, with camera crews on standby to record the set.

According to The Sun’s Bizarre column, the concert will air on local TV before being packaged with behind-the-scenes extras before dropping on streaming platforms

https://retropopmagazine.com/madonna-planning-concert-film-for-final-celebration-tour-gig/

So we're having the real audio version and the autotuned one! I'm so happy it will be broadcasted live. We won't even have to wait for the DVD release

1 hour ago, karlafalves said:

I always wondered if any artist is really worth camping for days, weeks or even months (I'm looking at you, Brazilian Bieber's fans :D) for the sake of being right in front of the stage. I don't know... Sleeping on the (usually unsafe) street, possibly in a cold weather and/or under rain, with no comfort etc. And under the risk of the concert being cancelled even right in the day of the show (I'm looking at you again, Brazilian Bieber's fans :D), making all this struggle in vain... I don't know if I'd do it even for Madonna in a regular concert, even less in a free one.

I think that kinda thing almost always has more to do with a parasocial relationship with celebrity (and being part of a fandom community where doing that sees you elevated in status) than about enjoying the concert more. I've been going to gigs for decades at this point, from tiny pub backrooms to stadiums, and you definitely don't need to be at the front of a stage to have a great time (and indeed for enormous shows I think it can hamper it cos there's always so much going on that you miss). But also if folk wanna do it, that's up to them obvs!

1 hour ago, karlafalves said:

Madonna referred to one of the fans who used to do that as a "rat" in Austin. :laughing:

32 minutes ago, FraP said:

So we're having the real audio version and the autotuned one! I'm so happy it will be broadcasted live. We won't even have to wait for the DVD release

I doubt it's even getting a physical release.  If we're lucky we could get a special vinyl release of the show like with MXT.   That's if we go by what happened with the last tour.

5 hours ago, FraP said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C53v1v0uLnQ/?igsh=MWc4ZTZqdmliZXpoeg==

Apparently she's not changing the ending... She thinks her ending may be powerful by making people doing her hand moves... I don't know, I think it would be not a good ending for such a big crowd 

That's Bob talking about the GMAYL intro. I still hear from that rehearsal audio the GMAYL drums that blend right into "Hey Mr. DJ..."

12 minutes ago, Alm47 said:

When do you think the tour film is releasing? 🥲

https://x.com/retropopmag/status/1780913389365338614?s=46

I'm hoping it will be a quick release and we don't have to wait a year. I think that being Jonas is involved, it may turn out to be one of her best releases in a long while.  I'm hoping they don't add a lot of crazy effects that aren't necessary as well a lot of weird vocal changes after the fact.