How much of a Madonna fan do you consider yourself?

How much of a Madonna fan are you?  

55 members voted

1. 1. How much of a Madonna fan are you?

• Total stan/fanatic
    • In between casual fan and Stan
    • Casual fan

I'd say I'm between a casual and stan.  I care enough to know and listen to the albums, songs, and movies.  A total goddess to me in my lifetime.  And I belong to these forums to get news on what goes on with her and what not.

That being said I wouldn't consider myself a total fanatic.  Like for me the Celebration Tour in terms of time, money, travel, and effort just wasn't worth it for me to in person.  I understand there's nothing like the live experience but I'm complacent watching all the clips.  And yeah she not above criticism to me.

Thought this would be a fun topic 

1 hour ago, Blue Skies said:

I'd say I'm between a casual and stan.  I care enough to know and listen to the albums, songs, and movies.  A total goddess to me in my lifetime.  And I belong to these forums to get news on what goes on with her and what not.

That being said I wouldn't consider myself a total fanatic.  Like for me the Celebration Tour in terms of time, money, travel, and effort just wasn't worth it for me to in person.  I understand there's nothing like the live experience but I'm complacent watching all the clips.  And yeah she not above criticism to me.

I think you could still be quite the fanatic without going to all her tours.  Of course, i juggle the same thoughts when it comes to all the expenses it takes to go to her concerts anymore.  And I agree she isn't above criticism, but I think there is a line a fan shouldn't cross especially when it's carrying on and on about certain aspects.  At the end of the day, I just try to enjoy her art!  Total stan and somewhat of a fanatic!  I don't need to own every piece of merchandise and I have come to terms I don't need to see her LIVE in concert every tour.  :luv:

I'm a total fan, but, I'm not sure I'm a stan/fanatic fan as it's not a must for me to have every single thing she puts out. Same with her concerts and shows, remixes, etc etc. I also don't agree with her on everything, but, I love her dearly!   GREAT QUESTION and Poll @Blue Skies!

Between casual and stan. To be honest I only care about her music and albums. It's so unique and that's why I consider myself a fan, but just of her music. Her movies, endeavors,  etc I can care less about. Her personality (or at least public persona) I can barely stand and don't think I can get along with her lol! Her .music us where she knows how to express herself! 

Total fan - I say I’m not a fanatic because I don’t care about some stuff like her movies (never seen who’s that girl, dss in full, Shanghai, next best thing). 

But I got my first Madonna record at age 4 - I was just so captivated by her image on the cover. It was the material girl single. Didn’t really get into True Blue and then Like a Prayer brought me back in. In the 90s I didn’t care for Bedtime Stories except a couple songs, and then Ray of Light made me a permanent fan from that point  onward. As an adult I love both True Blue and Bedtime Stories. I’ve seen all the tours Drowned World forward live. 

I’m a total Stan/fanatic since borderline/lucky star so I’ve seen everything develop in real time

There are times that I’m closer to her and moments that I’m further apart, I was obsessed during the American Life album cycle, that album is my bible 

I don’t collect anything or obsess with every version or edit of a song, I just hear them but when some album version in spotify or Apple Music is different than the cd it annoys me to hell

I do have art in my house but what I would consider commissioned work to actual artists but I do have framed posters as well  

I have M inspired tattoos and have appeared in books dedicated to M tattoos 

Have attended almost every tour except VT, WTGT, and DWT. 

I don’t hear her music often when in between albums, but when a new album comes I hear it nonstop for a year, year and a half or two years.

There were years that she was godlike to me but as growing older I understand she’s flawed and human, seeing her so close in concert has humanized her in ways I would never have thought possible. Social media as well  

I'm loving Celebration Tour but I need an album the sooner the better, and not silly songs like the ones from last years to spark my interest again 

I’ve still have 7 Celebration Tour dates to attend so you can get a picture of the kind of obsession I’m in right now  🤣 (a contradiction with the previous paragraph)  

I don’t give a fuck what the general public thinks about her, she has inspired me trough the last 40 years to be many things and better myself with her example so people who don’t understand her can shove it up their asses 

From 1999 till 2016, 2017..a masive one. After this, I became less interested and liked less what she was doing, and as she changes so much from an era to another one, there is always a risk. After covid till Celebration tour it was all downhill for me, but I´m in peace with what she is doing again ,with this tour. I hate all the woke speech she is been doing since mid 2010s but hey its just the whole world, not just her. 

5 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

@Blue Jean don't you feel like asking him how far is lives from one of the Celebration tour venue ?!

I’m definitely a complete fanatic. As far as stars go there is nobody better and never will be.

I do not collect physical items and sold everything I had as I just don’t get enjoyment from that sort of thing anymore. I’d much rather put that money toward seeing her live or something else.

Of course i don’t agree with everything she says and does and there are some more recent things she’s done in her career I’m not such a fan of but I’ve learnt to accept her choices and who she is. She is the entertainer and we are the spectators. It’s all part of the journey for me.

Well, i can say i'm a fanatic since 1991. Sure there are time when i feel kinda bored by her artistic choices (the Sickick Frozen/Material Gworl/ Hung up on Tokischa era was an absolute nightmare for me) but in the end of the day i'm still on this very forum like 20 times a day discussing her past, present and future so...  Sure my way of being a fan has evolved as i grew older, i don't collect stuff anymore for example, but she's still my passion, and i can say i'm obsessed by her. As soon as i read or hear MADONNA something lights up in my heart, my ears, my eyes and my soul. Magical. 

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I’m a total Stan/fanatic since borderline/lucky star so I’ve seen everything develop in real time

There are times that I’m closer to her and moments that I’m further apart, I was obsessed during the American Life album cycle, that album is my bible 

I don’t collect anything or obsess with every version or edit of a song, I just hear them but when some album version in spotify or Apple Music is different than the cd it annoys me to hell

I do have art in my house but what I would consider commissioned work to actual artists but I do have framed posters as well  

I have M inspired tattoos and have appeared in books dedicated to M tattoos 

Have attended almost every tour except VT, WTGT, and DWT. 

I don’t hear her music often when in between albums, but when a new album comes I hear it nonstop for a year, year and a half or two years.

There were years that she was godlike to me but as growing older I understand she’s flawed and human, seeing her so close in concert has humanized her in ways I would never have thought possible. Social media as well  

I'm loving Celebration Tour but I need an album the sooner the better, and not silly songs like the ones from last years to spark my interest again 

I’ve still have 7 Celebration Tour dates to attend so you can get a picture of the kind of obsession I’m in right now  🤣 (a contradiction with the previous paragraph)  

I don’t give a fuck what the general public thinks about her, she has inspired me trough the last 40 years to be many things and better myself with her example so people who don’t understand her can shove it up their asses 

How many celebration tour dates have you seen so far?

i'm not a stan and never will and never been...... 

but i have admiration for her artistic journey, for the amazing songs she make and the amazing eras she was and still is able to create...........

i start to follow her with don't tell me........ this was the first single i ever buy of her.........

i buy every single of the american life era.........

i was so crazy for the american life era...... like for the confessions and the hard candy later....

same with mdna era, rebel heart ed a and the madame x era........

a huge part of my life was with M music like soundtrack.............

so thank you Madonna......

thanks for your art, music, style and Tours....... you make this world a better place.......

and thanks for always fight for the lgbtq+ community even when it was not cool doing it.......

and the most important thanks to always been yourself without fear but with braveness without say sorry for this to anyone......