Are there any Madonna albums you haven’t listened to in full at least once?

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

"In 2004, after the release of her ninth studio album American Life (2003), Madonna began working on two different musicals: one tentatively called Hello Suckers and the other with Luc Besson,who previously directed the music video for her single "Love Profusion", which would portray her as a woman on her deathbed looking back on her life.Madonna collaborated with Patrick Leonard, Mirwais Ahmadzaï, and Stuart Price to write new songs, and told Price to pen material that sounded like "ABBA on drugs".However, Madonna found herself dissatisfied with the script written by Besson and scrapped it. As she was asked by her record company to compose a new studio album, the singer decided to go with a dance direction for the record, influenced by their work on the musicals"

I thought that some of the songs from hard Candy were also considered for the musical.

Brand new information for me!

12 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I thought that some of the songs from hard Candy were also considered for the musical.

"Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "How High" were initially written for Hello Suckers.

The second verse of "Is This Love (Bon d'Accord)" was reused as the first verse in "Voices". A line of "Miss You" was also reused in "Like It or Not".

"Hung Up" and "I Love New York" were initially for the Luc Besson musical.

Not from the musicals but done around the same time, "Keep the Trance" was later reworked into "Hey You", with lots of the same lyrics.

4 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Its a ballad so it didnt fit in a dance record, on the other hand there are many ballads on Hard candy, so it´s more fitting there..

Well, I guess it would eventually fit after Like It or Not, they both have pretty similar sound and vibe.. With little bit of rework from Stuart, I see it as a good fit 

On the other hand, it pretty elevated Hard Candy album (especially positioned after that horrible Spanish Lesson) 

46 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

Well, I guess it would eventually fit after Like It or Not, they both have pretty similar sound and vibe.. With little bit of rework from Stuart, I see it as a good fit 

On the other hand, it pretty elevated Hard Candy album (especially positioned after that horrible Spanish Lesson) 

I like the song but it always sounded to me like a "Cry me a River' so I cant place it outside Hard Candy.

With a Stuart Price treatment maybe ended up being more like "Better then the devil you know" :D

18 hours ago, Curtains said:

"Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "How High" were initially written for Hello Suckers.

The second verse of "Is This Love (Bon d'Accord)" was reused as the first verse in "Voices". A line of "Miss You" was also reused in "Like It or Not".

"Hung Up" and "I Love New York" were initially for the Luc Besson musical.

Not from the musicals but done around the same time, "Keep the Trance" was later reworked into "Hey You", with lots of the same lyrics.

Keep the trance the music from YAS and the lyrics from Hey You , interesting

MDNA - I can't even finish the 1st disc. After GMAYL, I fast forward to Masterpiece and stop playing... can't even remember the last track of disc 1, let alone playing the disc 2.

Rebel Heart - It feels like chewing a candle, so bland & hard to swallow. Fillers AFTER fillers... my god.... so this was what happened when she didn't have someone to QC her album... LFL is an epic failure as a lead single. Those that she'd shelved i.e. "2 Steps Behind Me" & "Trust No Bitch" sounds much better than 99% of RH album tracks

I can't even get through half of the songs on disc 1, hence almost 99% of my RH album are sealed except the Germany edition with "Autotune Baby"... BIG mistake.... AB is worse than shit.

MadameX - I HATE the old madam look cover. The lead single was a disappointment... too much Spanish too slow. "Dark Ballet".... it seems like there's only 1 note throughout the entire song and no climax. "God Control" sounds like she had a frog in her throat... disco + church choir feels like vodka + hand sanitizer. After 3 tracks, I lost interest and stop playing.

Suddenly I find WTG soundtrack more enjoyable than the above mentioned albums COMBINED.

Did I have a point of view?
Oops, I didn't know I couldn't speak my mind

* waiting for vicious gay to quote and attack me *

14 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

MDNA - I can't even finish the 1st disc. After GMAYL, I fast forward to Masterpiece and stop playing... can't even remember the last track of disc 1, let alone playing the disc 2.

Rebel Heart - It feels like chewing a candle, so bland & hard to swallow. Fillers AFTER fillers... my god.... so this was what happened when she didn't have someone to QC her album... LFL is an epic failure as a lead single. Those that she'd shelved i.e. "2 Steps Behind Me" & "Trust No Bitch" sounds much better than 99% of RH album tracks

I can't even get through half of the songs on disc 1, hence almost 99% of my RH album are sealed except the Germany edition with "Autotune Baby"... BIG mistake.... AB is worse than shit.

MadameX - I HATE the old madam look cover. The lead single was a disappointment... too much Spanish too slow. "Dark Ballet".... it seems like there's only 1 note throughout the entire song and no climax. "God Control" sounds like she had a frog in her throat... disco + church choir feels like vodka + hand sanitizer. After 3 tracks, I lost interest and stop playing.

Suddenly I find WTG soundtrack more enjoyable than the above mentioned albums COMBINED.

Did I have a point of view?
Oops, I didn't know I couldn't speak my mind

* waiting for vicious gay to quote and attack me *

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by StickerGiant

On 5/16/2024 at 1:26 AM, EgoRod said:

I like the song but it always sounded to me like a "Cry me a River' so I cant place it outside Hard Candy.

With a Stuart Price treatment maybe ended up being more like "Better then the devil you know" :D

I’m pretty sure the original version would have been vastly different. Justin and the others put their stamp all over it. It could even be only the lyrics that were kept.