Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

1 minute ago, Donna said:

I think it's just speculation at this point. Again, there has been no real confirmation the two recorded anything new.  I think what you are referring to is stemming from the FEL studio appearance where Dijon went into either listen over see the edit they put of Dijon's mix on FEL.  :)

Nah if u look at the date it was AFTER her remix and FEL. Btw, other than the remix what was her involvement in FEL?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nah if u look at the date it was AFTER her remix and FEL. Btw, other than the remix what was her involvement in FEL?

Again, I think it was just a matter of the two hanging out and people assumed they did something.  If I recall Honey was hoping the two could work together on something new after the fact.  Since then, we haven't heard anything that confirmed the two punched out a new song.

18 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It could be done, if it starts in NYC and the first half is the 70s/80s, they could get a lot crammed into a 2.5hr movie. The 2010s/2020s era will be very minimal since nothing much exciting happened during that time. 

For me, what happened behind the scenes since 2008 could be its own mini series, if told truthfully..... but she's never giving us that movie. And you think they ain't milking that brush with death before the Celebration Tour in this movie? Where she gets to heaven, chats with her Mom and James Baldwin and they convince her to come back because we need her? And then there's the music. We're gonna need Thunderpuss Jock Jam megamixes to make everyone happy. I can't wait for the mess.

11 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Where she gets to heaven, chats with her Mom and James Baldwin and they convince her to come back because we need her? And then there's the music.

PLEASE MADONNA IF YOU OR YOUR TEAM READS THIS MESS OF A FORUM, PLEASE, PLEASE, IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE THIS SCENE THE OPENING FOR UR FILM. (AND THEN HER FIRST MEMORY'S EXACTLY THE MEET TO WARNER EXECUTIVES TO DISCUSS HARD CANDY AS DESCRIBED BY THAT ATRLER)

We need even the "Heaven" getting as scenary the same church from LAP MV. Her meeting the choir, Saint Martin of Porres, Baldwin and M Sr. too. A total original Confessions on a Dance Floor movie (as I call the discarded Besson's project) REPRINT!!!

Please, SHE HAS NOTHING TO BURN ANYMORE WHEN IT COMES TO HER REPUTATION. SHE NEEDS TO DO HERSTORY AS ONLY SHE CAN TELL IT!!!

@Honey Little and @Leona Helmsley, would u join me front row to watch this WONDERFUL PEARL FROM ATLANTIS???? @Pedro Beltran, cuate, would you be my Dan Gilroy to the lessons paid to BJ's?????

LAST EDIT: and, in the case Nabokova wants to be locked into the film studio, M can offer her the Sandra Bernhard role, as well as Camille Paglia one too. She'll be THIS CONTENT!!!

17 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

For me, what happened behind the scenes since 2008 could be its own mini series, if told truthfully..... but she's never giving us that movie. And you think they ain't milking that brush with death before the Celebration Tour in this movie? Where she gets to heaven, chats with her Mom and James Baldwin and they convince her to come back because we need her? And then there's the music. We're gonna need Thunderpuss Jock Jam megamixes to make everyone happy. I can't wait for the mess.

I like the idea of the opening credits with Candy Shop blasting. No pre-scene. Just loud blaring Candy Shop (also the name of the movie). 

18 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Ok i see it's causing a huge fuss on the board cause i said i find the Like a vigin album her most "dated" album. It seems i don't get the sense of "dated" very well. As most of you probably know, english is not my natural language so it can happen that i use a word when actually it doesn't precisely mean what i'm trying to say. First of all i'm never ever gonna judge a piece of art by its release date and if i had to do so i'll probably rate anything old way higher than anything new. May it be music, film or art in general, i prefer by far anything from the past. I usually don't really love anything made with virtual assistance, so in a way, i prefer everything made pre 2000. I get from the answers that have been posted that "dated" mean old and that's the last thing i'd use to qualify something i don't like, quite the opposite, old is a usually a guarantee of good quality for me when it comes to music and movies. Now to get back to the Like a Virgin topic, according to my tastes, it's her 80's album that i like the less. I think the tracks lacks a freshness (even that word i'm not sire is the right one to express what i feel). Even if it was 1984, i could say the same, so it's not a question of time or date that i wanna express. All of her 80ns album have a freshness, less for Like a Prayer but it's a personnal album so it's coherent. Like a Virgin, to me, is not a really personnal and doesn't have that freshness. I think it's better explained that way.

"Dated" doesn't simply means "old." In terms of music, it means exactly what you meant—that you find its sound very 1984/1985 and not as timeless as some of her other albums. Your use of English was perfect there.

In my head i picture it opening with getting ready for the WTG premiere in times square rushing etc then she gets in the cab arrives and right when she opens the cab door its all of a sudden late 70s and her arrival as a nobody in times square and continues from there. I think time skips would benefit the film alot and tell a complete narrative. I could also see the film really drawing parallels between the 80s AIDS crisis and her work in Malawi and David. I think if the Celebration proved anything it proved how much visibility she brought to AIDS and the gay community and how its scarred her and her fans for life. 

let's guess ...

what will it be? her life and career has been documented quite well. i do not think a two hours movie can go through everything. hell, not even her prime period 85-92 would fit. too many things happened!! maybe they take another angle rather than a chronological one? her drive, her pain, her succeeding her doubters? her feminine and sexual liberation? 

i honestly don't know ... lol

Just now, MDNA22 said:

There's just far too many important and  interesting things to fit into a film that we know about and probably loads more that she knows about that we don't that could go into the film. There could be an entire film for each era really 

Ikr. She could do a little netflix series instead

Think about it! Some fans are looking forward to a soundtrack like Dick Tracy, but the only thing they're going to get are bunch of Sickick frozen lame as hell remix and hung up on tokisha yawn remix and material gurrrrrrl boring as hell remix kind of OST. Wouldn't that be awesome?

LOL

59 minutes ago, stefo said:

No honey, if you read the majority of these 11 pages you will find one basic question: WHY?  :Madonna009:

People were also saying this when she announced The Celebration Tour and look how it turned out. We shouldn't ridicule her. You think she will not take a movie about herself serious?

25 minutes ago, sara94 said:

People were also saying this when she announced The Celebration Tour and look how it turned out. We shouldn't ridicule her. You think she will not take a movie about herself serious?

I am simply joking. As I know that some like Pedro are interested in this biopic for example, so it's not true that in all the previous pages the main question was "why". Personally I'm completely against it, but I don't think my joke or my idea about this means not taking her interest or commitment to the project seriously. I simply don't like it. 

I'm going to pay more attention to any other possible ambiguous joke if this disturbed anybody.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic