Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people actually think she sits down to edit it herself? Girlfriend can't even upload pics to her camera roll for instagram :lol:

I'm sure she aproves edits and gives specific suggestions and she can do that anywhere. Look at those leaked videos from MDNA Tour when she's chatting on Skype about the editing of the Best Friend interlude. She was very hands on but she was just watching an edit and giving instructions on Skype.

So much tea spilled. I highly doubted that Madonna was working so hard on the DVD when she Instagrammed Danny Tull's fingertips.

13-03-31-madonna-working-on-mdna-tour-dv

do you have this video?

Do people actually think she sits down to edit it herself? Girlfriend can't even upload pics to her camera roll for instagram  :lol:

I'm sure she aproves edits and gives specific suggestions and she can do that anywhere. Look at those leaked videos from MDNA Tour when she's chatting on Skype about the editing of the Best Friend interlude. She was very hands on but she was just watching an edit and giving instructions on Skype.

I really hope she does a worldwide Netflix release proceeding the DVD/Bluray. Being that she's tied to Tidal, they'll probably get the exclusive.  :angry:

I would try and rip it; so not into the Bitch I'm Madonna thing. Plus until they upload Hard Candy I will cause havok (muhaha). Bugging me because I have not heard the album in well I went back to tidal so going to be a third month without. I don't listen to much outside unless it's something that would never be put there like a concert or rare stuff so listening to Madonna on shuffle is incomplete. 

The Re-Invention tour was filmed and produced for broadcast on the CBS network, and for whatever reason(s) the deal was scrapped.

That's not quite true. The CBS special, which was supposed to be directed by Hamish Hamilton, was scrapped even before it was filmed. Hamish Hamilton only filmed a rehearsal of the entire show in Manchester.

The footage shot in Lisbn for the DVD, which was eventually scrapped as well, was directed by Christian Lamb.

That's not quite true. The CBS special, which was supposed to be directed by Hamish Hamilton, was scrapped even before it was filmed. Hamish Hamilton only filmed a rehearsal of the entire show in Manchester.

The footage shot in Lisbn for the DVD, which was eventually scrapped as well, was directed by Christian Lamb.

why was it scrapped if it was taped amd edited and semi ready for release?

why was it scrapped if it was taped amd edited and semi ready for release?

I think they wanted more attention to the IGTTYAS release and not to the actual concert DVD. Maybe the originally planned double IGTTYAS release was including both concert DVD plus the doc DVD, then the doc DVD plus audio CD was considered for potential charting as an album too. But IGTTYAS film became the priority release at some point.

I think they wanted more attention to the IGTTYAS release and not to the actual concert DVD. Maybe the originally planned double IGTTYAS release was including both concert DVD plus the doc DVD, then the doc DVD plus audio CD was considered for potential charting as an album too. But IGTTYAS film became the priority release at some point.

According to her manager Careese, by contract, the RIT DVD couldn't be released until 6 months after IGTTYAS was out. Since that was well into the Confessions era, the 2004 ship done sailed and I'm sure their focus was on the Confessions Tour.

I'm pretty sure this was the case with BA. Pioneer owned the rights to have it exclusively on Laseridsc before it was allowed on VHS. By the time the contract expired, Erotica/The Girlie Show and maybe even Bedtime Stories was already among us.

Timing is everything. Contracts suck.

I always thought it was partly because she didnt like the Lisbon show, and frankly its pretty poor compared to what Akerlund did, then she had him do Confessions Tour brilliantly. 

I know the leaked Lisbon we have is not the real DVD but those edits we do have, are nothing compared to the footage in IGTTYAS.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic