Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

WTF??? Me mato si es la versión de Showtimeeee

Check the length of Showtime concert film that MadonnaR&D gladly subtitled and uploaded once on YouTube. It clocks 1h58min51s. So it means DVD version will be even shorter (only 7 seconds though).

Guest ArthurBadin

And really another live track of Like A Prayer? We have it on every single live album....

Simon, I truly believe LAP will NOT feature on AUDIO CD, but only as a bonus on the DVD.

Check out the number of songs performed on the Showtime concert film. It matches exactly 22, if you count Music and Candy Shop as a medley (and of course some sites such as Mad-Eyes reported they were indeed performed together on a medley, just after opening night).

I mean:

1 - Iconic

2 - Bitch I'm Madonna

3 - Burning Up

4 - Holy Water/Vogue

5 - Devil Pray

6 - Messiah

7 - Body Shop

8 - True Blue

9 - Deeper and Deeper

10 - HeartBreakCity

11 - Like a Virgin

12 - S.E.X.

13 - Living for Love

14 - La Isla Bonita

15 - Dress You Up/Into the Groove

16 - Rebel Heart

17 - Illuminati

18 - Music/Candy Shop

19 - Material Girl

20 - La Vie en Rose

21 - Unapologetic Bitch

22 - Holiday

Of course If I Had a Hammer wasn't performed on main concert film but only on credits and LAP is a bonus feature. So it matches 22 songs.

Guest ArthurBadin

Someone will leak TOAC sooner or later... Maybe in 20 years, maybe next month, who knows. 

Guy-O will probably say (and think of it as the perfect answer), "but you have both TOAC1 exerpt (sic) and TOAC2 in full on Facebook, right?"

Of course this "exerpt" was a M's sole decision (maybe Guy's too). After announcing TOAC1 would be filmed for a later broadcast, they thought about offering both RHT and TOAC1 in full (anyone remembers M saying something like, "I asked Guy if we can do a double DVD" at a RHT concert after TOAC1?), but due to logistics (okay), they felt the need to condense all in a one-disc feature. So both were highly edited to fit in the allowed length for a DVD-R (even if it's DVD9 aka DL like we'll probably have, for God's sake).

Fun fact: total runtime of MDNA World Tour is 143min (check out on the lateral bar or the back cover). There would be enough space to include a TAB or a Secret performance together with LAP. But the reason why not is only for The Powers That Be to answer...

(Maybe M hated all her TAB and Secret performances on RHT; but why remind of them on the PR's and on the Rolling Stone report of the DVD? So strange...)

I guess that maybe she wants those "special performances" to be a one-of-a-kind thing so that's whay she is not including them on the DVD, who knows.
What I really don't get it's that we aren't getting LDLHA (and Lucky Star, although I don't care about this one), what a way of screwing a magnificent performance.

At this point I'm not even angry, just disappointed by those choices.

Simon, I truly believe LAP will NOT feature on AUDIO CD, but only as a bonus on the DVD.

Check out the number of songs performed on the Showtime concert film. It matches exactly 22, if you count Music and Candy Shop as a medley (and of course some sites such as Mad-Eyes reported they were indeed performed together on a medley, just after opening night).

I mean:

1 - Iconic

2 - Bitch I'm Madonna

3 - Burning Up

4 - Holy Water/Vogue

5 - Devil Pray

6 - Messiah

7 - Body Shop

8 - True Blue

9 - Deeper and Deeper

10 - HeartBreakCity

11 - Like a Virgin

12 - S.E.X.

13 - Living for Love

14 - La Isla Bonita

15 - Dress You Up/Into the Groove

16 - Rebel Heart

17 - Illuminati

18 - Music/Candy Shop

19 - Material Girl

20 - La Vie en Rose

21 - Unapologetic Bitch

22 - Holiday

Of course If I Had a Hammer wasn't performed on main concert film but only on credits and LAP is a bonus feature. So it matches 22 songs.

The 22 tracks has already been confirmed to be both Tears of A Clown and Rebel Heart Tour.

Guest ArthurBadin

We need to keep in mind, also, that a 2-disc featured DVD/BD is very expensive to sell out in stores and maybe UMG /Interscope/Eagle Rock had made previous studies about a potential release of that 2-disc DVD/BD and its impact on generic public's consuming (of course we stans and fans are not the only ones who the labels have in mind when releasing a product, but the entire world of entertainment consumers). They probably had found it would be a bigger risk to release such an expensive product out in stores, so they decided for a one-disc DVD/BD release. I believe Madonna and Guy would have been caught in surprise and forced by label to develop a product which would focus mainly on RHT, but with their resistance to present TOAC1 to audience, they came to a common sense to high edit both RHT and TOAC1 to fit both on a one-disc release. So that's what we get this as the actual product: a combination of M's desires and UMG's logistics. Of course we fans are always on the weakest side on those business negociations. Of course we can boycott the DVD, if Eagle Rock (what is in the charge of this release) doesn't listen to us; but, sincerely, I think they aren't worried about this boycott. Most M fans and stans will buy it despite of what they will find on it and the general public doesn't even know or mind about the lack of content. So there's a problem here: how much Eagle Rock will be convinced to change their mind and give us a full 2-disc release with both RHT and TOAC in full... We only have to know about the potential of our own voices so...

The 22 tracks has already been confirmed to be both Tears of A Clown and Rebel Heart Tour.

By who? Sorry, haven't known the source for it so far. I would be pleased if you bring this to me even if it was already posted on this same thread before.

Guest ArthurBadin

@@ArthurBadin can you please condense your replies into one post? you can use the multiquote button. thanks :):heart:

note: guys consecutive replies once in a while are ok but lets try to keep them at a minimum if possible.  :heart:

I was about to thank you for doing that. I hadn't remembered of the multiquote button, sorry.

I will condense them all. Thank you for your consideration for me. I am pleased with you.

By who? Sorry, haven't known the source for it so far. I would be pleased if you bring this to me even if it was already posted on this same thread before.

Meanwhile, the live album includes 22 tracks, including a special 'Tears Of A Clown' fan club show in Melbourne. Pre-order information on the DVD and live album will be announced soon.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/madonna-announces-rebel-heart-tour-live-album-and-concert-film__19131/

Fans should tell her on her instagram that all this wait for 14 minutes was an insult to us. This is why she hasnt talked about the release on her insta, she knows very well that her fans are angry, she however cares very little about that. Why all this wait for a film that evertone already has

If all this is accurate then well I guess it was to be expected.

I don't expect amazing things from her releases anymore. I just expect the minimum and if there's more then awesome. No point in having huge expectations with Madonna products, I don't know why ya'll are masochists. 

I'm sure more stuff related to the tour will leak eventually. Stuff that they could've easily included and made a buck/made her fans happy, at least take 2 hours to include LDLHA back into the show. But I guess they don't care about it.

It's a pity this bare bones release takes 934739739 months to come out. Gives too much time for fans to speculate deliriously about unrealistic extras.

I'm not mad or disappointed. It is what it is.

Let's face it, she can get away with it cos she's Madonna and we'll keep supporting her through everything. (Even those who won't buy this release)  :cryin:

BTW I'll buy it cos it's what I expected, and I DO like the show and the film, even if it's fucking incomplete, so yeah.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic