Yung Rapunxel

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yung Rapunxel

Madonna will pay tribute to Prince with a live performance at the Billboard Music Awards this month. Billboard and Dick Clark Productions told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Madonna will honor Prince at the May 22 show. Specific details about the performance weren’t revealed. The Billboard Awards will air live on ABC from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Ludacris and Ciara will host the show, which will include performances by Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Pink, Demi Lovato and Justin

groovyguy

Excellent piece      Madonna’s Only Wrongdoing Is That She Is Still Alive http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/madonnas-only-wrongdoing-is-that-she-is-still-alive_us_57435497e4b09f28cf5a02ba When Madonna honored Prince at last night’s Billboard Music Awards, I thought to myself, there is no other artist more suitable to honor the music and art of the tragically deceased Prince. After all, Madonna’s close relationship with Prince is well known and documented (check their duet- Love Song

Fighter

I don't care who Prince nor Madonna is. I don't care if they're legendary or sacred. Or part of the "trinity of pop"   The only thing I care about is that A HUMAN BEING put their heart and soul to tribute another human being, A FRIEND. So if we feel compelled to spew hateful opinions we need to re-evaluate our values because it is plain disrespectful.   It's not the decent thing to do.   This isn't the Superbowl, nor one of her shows. This is a tribute from a friend to a friend.   Grow t

by the way this is too much..

I mean The Queen of Pop Madonna and King of pop MJ and Prince of pop Prince...

And Now there's only one left... The Queen of Pop Madonna!!!!

The Queen of Pop Madonna is the perfect choice for price tribute performance but I just can't.. this is too much!!

Too much emotional..and these sad feeling.. I know that I'm gonna cry and whole world gonna cry like a little baby..

Long live the Queen!!

God save the Queen!!

True. She's the perfect and natural choice.  She's a 3rd of the 1980s Holy Trinity of Pop - the King of Pop, the Queen of Pop and His Royal Badness! Both she & Prince used sex, gender fluidity, fashion, and art to deliver their message.

Posted Image

Not even Prince's own live versions worked of that song, unfortunately.

Nobody knows Love Song, so it will most likely be one of his ~8 biggest hits (1999, Little Red Corvette, When Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Let's Go Crazy, Raspberry Beret, Kiss, Cream).

I'd be glad for all of these songs! Especially 1999, Corvette and Cream!

Good news!!

Ok, I really can't stop thinking about this, I know it's maybe a little too much, but it really means a lot to me. I love them so much since I was a child, both of them  :Madonna010:  The point is that I'm afraid I'm going to be rather judgy (does this word exist in english?  :lol: ) and strict with M this time, you know...

Anyway I was thinking that Sometimes it snows in April, also considered that Prince died on the 21st last month, would be lirically perfect and perfectly fit the charming lightness of her voice as well as Cream and Sign O' The Times (wich has got good similarities to Love Song imo). 

Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes I feel so bad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending,
And all good things, they say, never last

Madonna to Honor Prince at 2016 Billboard Music Awards -- Will She Perform Their Duet 'Love Song'?

http://www.etonline.com/music/188529_madonna_to_honor_prince_at_2016_billboard_music_awards_will_she_perform_their_duet_love_song/

The 2016 Billboard Music Awards will have a living music legend pay tribute to Prince.

On Sunday, May 22, Madonna will honor her late friend and fellow artist at the awards show held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

It's not yet known what exactly this tribute will entail, or if Madonna will perform "Love Song," her 1989 duet with Prince, off her album, Like a Prayer.

After news broke of Prince's death on April 21, Madonna started posting pics to Instagram in remembrance. "He Changed The World!! A True Visionary. What a loss," she captioned a flashback photo of herself and the "When Doves Cry" singer. "I'm Devastated. This is Not A Love Song."

Days later, she shared another Instagram image of herself with Prince and Michael Jackson, and captioned it with a quote by Joe Henry. "I have ceased distinguishing between the religious and the secular, for everything is holy: our courage and humility, our senses both lost and found; our love and our lust…all that shall swoon and couple, leaving in their wake the real hope that, late as is the hour -- with as much as we have been given and squandered; as little as we might deserve it, though we stomp and plead— there may yet be more on offer: God willing, just one more song sung into high rafters before we are finally called to quit and disperse," the 57-year-old singer wrote. An eerie fact: Prince, Madonna and Michael Jackson (who died in 2009) were all born within three months of each other in 1958.

A few weeks later, Madonna posted yet another photo of her friend, along with lyrics from Sinead O'Connor's 1990 hit, "Nothing Compares 2 U," which was penned by Prince.

"Its been seven hours and 13 days since you took your love away," she wrote. "All the flowers you planted died when you went away..........Nothing Compares 2 U."

Following news of Prince's death, tour manager Guy Oseary, who's worked with Madonna, revealed that Prince almost toured with the Material Girl.

"I called him a few years back with the idea of Madonna and Prince going on tour together," Oseary wrote in a lengthy caption. "I pitched it to Madonna and within a second she said, 'I like it. We can call it the Royalty Tour: The Queen and The Prince'. ...I love the way she thinks. When I told Prince the idea, he said, 'The world isn't ready for this, it's too big.'"

In October 2015, just a few months prior to his death, Madonna reportedly attended an intimate Prince concert at the Paisley Park compound in Chanhassen, Minnesota. According to Billboard, Prince strictly forbade cell phones or cameras at Paisley Park, so no footage of the night has surfaced. However, The Current reported that the night began with Madonna and her crew dancing onstage before taking their seats in the audience to watch the "Purple Rain" singer perform.

Have you forgotten who you're a fan of? This is fucking MADONNA, this woman knows what she's doing, have some goddamn faith in her. No she's not dumb to sing her own songs, it's a PRINCE tribute, she'll do him justice. And It's going to be amazing.

Lmao wow clearly you just jumped in without reading this thread 😂😂😂 I'm not the one who said she should do these songs, read back a page. I'm saying I hope she doesn't to the poster who said she should.

Posted Image

It will be amazing regardless. I do hope they give her time and dont make it into a tacky commercial for computers or something like they did with that other girl's Bowie award show tribute. Madonna is a class act, even some sort of dance tribute or mashup medley would be tasteful visually and appropriately provocative. Its very exciting especially for Prince fans (myself included) who are still taking his death in emotionally. I'm hoping for a tear and a smile and that afterwards the media does not rip her for getting choked up or how she looks. This isn't about her this time, its about music and an amazing artist. Its reassuring for her singing voice that the tour was so long and ended not so long ago.

From her recent IG post, M may perform the amazing Sometimes it Snows in April from Prince's 1986 album Parade. Such a beautiful song!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFR43vdmEdq/?taken-by=madonna

madonnaDon't Reign on my Parade! ☂☔. This is not a Love Song !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaL4DCseY4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDF8pXeNNM

I would absolutely love her doing SISIA, starting from the 2nd verse the words could not fit any better, also, remembering what she did to Behind the bars, I think her rendition would be very heartfelt.

So my mind has gone overboard with this, here's what I would love her to do

tracklist:

MY NAME IS PRINCE - segues into - LET'S GO CRAZY

RASPBERRY BERET

SOMETIMES IT SNOWS IN APRIL - ending with acapella line "I only want to see you bathing.." from PR

The performance would start as a big choreographed affair, (like Prince's D&P days) then becomes smaller, her performing with a band and back up singers (hello Wendy and Lisa) for RB and finally just piano and guitar (don't play it yourself M!) for SISIA.

then outfit wise she should just abide to all the speculation and have Donatella make a purple version of the backless Versace outfit Prince wore at the MVA's. I she wants to stirr the pot further and make it more about here (and let's be honest, we know she wants to) she could turn RB around and exchange all the I's to he's and the she's to I's, to play at the rumors the song is about her :-)

I wouldnt be surprised if shes joined by surprise guests on this performance ? he was such an influence on people it would make sense ? i see a very nice video history too as a backdrop and myabe have some white doves too ? :) i cant wait for the performance - i know she will do him proud , my only concern(as always) is her choice of clothing for the night ?

From her recent IG post, M may perform the amazing Sometimes it Snows in April from Prince's 1986 album Parade. Such a beautiful song!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFR43vdmEdq/?taken-by=madonna

madonnaDon't Reign on my Parade! ☂☔. This is not a Love Song !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaL4DCseY4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDF8pXeNNM

hope so

Or M, if you're reading this, forget about everything everyone says, just look at Gaga's tribute and don't do the same. You'll be fine, you'll be great!

no shade to Gaga but tbh people didnt take well to the coorporate sponsorship / convoluted medley. I hope M keeps it minimal... I think she will though :)

Great piece on Prince & Madonna in one room. Too iconic for words!!

Prince serenades Madonna at late-night Paisley Park gig

by Andrea Swensson Â· October 9, 2015

A steady stream of people started filing into the venue, and it took me a couple of blinks to realize that the first woman and the head of the pack was Madonna. She is a petite little powerhouse of a figure, and was dressed in a sharp navy trench coat-style cape with her hair neatly woven into a braid that fell down her right shoulder, like a pop star’s rendition of Little Red Riding Hood. Her bright lipstick and dark eyeliner appeared flawless, and as she scanned the strange scene—33 civilians dancing haphazardly, undoubtedly looking tired from all the waiting and the late hour, and her own hits blasting over the sound system—she looked so calm and coiffed that you would have never guessed that she had just finished performing a two-hour show in front of a sold-out crowd at the Xcel Energy Center. 

It turns out that injecting Madonna’s entire professional dance troupe into a party is a surefire way to liven it up, and as more and more of the pop icon’s touring crew filtered in, a fully choreographed dance party soon broke out in the middle of the room. It was incredibly surreal standing on the sidelines attempting to groove to the music while what looked like a professional music video shoot sprawled out before us, but all of a sudden the energy in the place had been cranked to 11 and it was all we could do to try to soak up the crew’s ecstatic vibe.

Madonna was ushered into a roped-off section of the room and then disappeared, undoubtedly to have a few private moments with Prince while her team blew off a little steam on the dance floor. By 2:15 a.m. she had returned to the scene and was followed in short order by Prince, who stood near the back of the dance floor draped in a floor-length hooded sweater and smirked at the energetic dancers who were frolicking around the room.

As soon as Prince appeared the small crowd started pressing toward the stage, and even after Madonna’s tour buses had all been unloaded into Paisley Park there were still only roughly 60 people there to take in the impending show. Most of the people in attendance were standing within a couple yards of the band, and Prince seemed a little uncomfortable playing to such an intimate audience.

“You better keep dancing,†he instructed us, sitting at an organ and leading a new configuration of his band through a swampy, funky new song. 3RDEYEGIRL guitarist Donna Grantis was joined by drummer Kirk Johnson and bassist Dwayne MonoNeon Thomas, Jr., who had more jazz and funk sensibilities than Grantis’s more hard-driving 3RDEYEGIRL bandmates Ida Nielsen and Hannah Ford Welton (who was dancing in the audience with her husband, Josh). The change in musicianship allowed Prince to deconstruct his songs into more complex, moody arrangements, tracing back to his roots in late ’70s jazz and funk.

As if to show off the band’s newly discovered chemistry, Prince followed up a rip-roaring rendition of “Guitar†with a lengthy, solo-filled jam to the Bill Withers song “Use Me.†After giving Grantis and his new bassist a turn at soloing, Prince slowed the song down and morphed it into a spacey, dreamy interlude, then tore through an impressive and complex piano solo that sounded like it was inspired in equal measure by Thelonious Monk and Jimi Hendrix.

When Prince launched into the next song, “Ain’t About to Stop,†off his latest album HITNRUN Phase One, I decided to try to discretely scan the room to see where Madonna was taking in the show. I had expected her to hang back a bit, or maybe be sitting in her roped-off area, but once I stepped a little closer to the stage I realized that she was not only in the front row, but had perched on the edge of the stage at Prince’s feet, looking up at him adoringly as he sang.

There is a face that people make when they are watching Prince play guitar; it’s a gleeful expression that combines the joy of going down a roller coaster with the realization that you are witnessing a moment that might never be recreated by another being that lives on this beautiful Earth. It turns out Madonna also makes that face when she is watching Prince play. As the band stretched out into another jam and Prince ripped into a soul-levitating guitar solo, her mouth relaxed into an awestruck gape, revealing a shiny gold grill underneath her perfect red lipstick.

Prince, too, seemed a little awestruck by Madge, appearing nervous as he flitted around the stage to different instruments and taking great care to get the lighting, sound, and chord changes just right. It completely shifted the energy at the Park, which usually pulls like a magnet toward Prince’s spot in the room, and it was a rare chance to see two megastars share an intimate moment and a series of knowing smiles.

After the sixth song of the set, Prince leaned down and whispered something back and forth with Madonna, and then hopped back up to his keyboards and simply said, “Cool.†With that, Madonna made her way out of the building and Prince was left alone with his band and small group of adoring fans, and he delivered simmering renditions of “1000 X’s and O’s†and “X’s Face†before hopping off stage and handing things back to the DJ.

Sensing that we were well past 3 a.m. at that point, I started to make my way toward the door, but my friend and #1 Prince fan Heidi Vader later informed me that Prince returned to play two more short sets and even invited some of his fans up on stage to sing and dance along. Or did any of that really happen? On nights like these, it’s hard to tell.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I wouldnt be surprised if shes joined by surprise guests on this performance ? he was such an influence on people it would make sense ? i see a very nice video history too as a backdrop and myabe have some white doves too ? :) i cant wait for the performance - i know she will do him proud , my only concern(as always) is her choice of clothing for the night ?

I was thinking this too, I'm sure other awards will pay him tribute but I'm sure some of his past collaborators would like to have a part in it as well. Lenny Kravitz and Madonna playing guitar, Janelle Monae, Alicia Keys, Sheila E., and even Carmen Electra can show up. 😂😂

It will be amazing regardless. I do hope they give her time and dont make it into a tacky commercial for computers or something like they did with that other girl's Bowie award show tribute. Madonna is a class act, even some sort of dance tribute or mashup medley would be tasteful visually and appropriately provocative. Its very exciting especially for Prince fans (myself included) who are still taking his death in emotionally. I'm hoping for a tear and a smile and that afterwards the media does not rip her for getting choked up or how she looks. This isn't about her this time, its about music and an amazing artist. Its reassuring for her singing voice that the tour was so long and ended not so long ago.

"That other girl" lool love it :lol: :lol: