Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

None of the Art For Freedom songs made it. I thought that was her important message. Once again that disconnect between her passionate speeches and what she chooses to convey with her music. That's sad.

Maybe they're in the superdeluxe 25 tracks edition. Don't forget about that, and yes, I know that's not the edition the general public will buy to get that message, but as long as we get them it's ok for me.

Another thing I expect from the 'new' songs (lol it still makes me laugh :speakno: ) is that they don't have an excess of autotune. One thing I loved about the demos is that Madonna's voice sounds so raw and clear, almost heavenly. Living for Love has these strange vocal effects that were not present on the demo that leaked beforehand... Is it part of the 'mastering' thing? Please Madonna, leave your voice as it is, that's why we love you :1f614:

None of the Art For Freedom songs made it. I thought that was her important message. Once again that disconnect between her passionate speeches and what she chooses to convey with her music. That's sad.

In the other hand, if she put all these songs about Art For Freedom on the album I bet that A LOT OF PEOPLE would complain about it...saying that this Freedom theme is boring bla bla bla...

In the other hand, if she put all these songs about Art For Freedom on the album I bet that A LOT OF PEOPLE would complain about it...saying that this Freedom theme is boring bla bla bla...

I didn't expect the whole album to be that way. I'm VERY happy about Unapologetic Bitch and Bitch I'm Madonna being on the album. They are solid songs. But I wish the balance between the silly and the serious was more even.

I think some of you are just overreacting. No doubt the Holy Water and S.E.X demos are cringeworthy but NOTHING can beat the lyrical stupidity included in previous albums like Spanish Lesson, Dance 2night, B-day Song and Superstar. Again, Madonna's albums have never satisfied the likes of all her fans.

It's not about lyrical stupidity. Some of those you mentioned are musically decent and with a nice vibe. I don't wanna overreact too much. I will wait and see. I am 99% sure that Holy Water will still be off-putting to me in the end tho, the demo my least favourite thing  she has ever done.

Here in France, we'll have :

: - CD Standard - 14 tracks- CD Deluxe - 19 tracks- Box Super Deluxe - 25 tracks- Double LP - 19 tracks+- Edition Spéciale FNAC France - 19 tracks+ 1 bonus track

Source Universal France - Polydor

So there's still hope for songs I'll like. But I wouldn't bet much on that.

It's not about lyrical stupidity. Some of those you mentioned are musically decent and with a nice vibe. I don't wanna overreact too much. I will wait and see. I am 99% sure that Holy Water will still be off-putting to me in the end tho, the demo my least favourite thing  she has ever done.

Yup, especially when we know that great songs like Across the Sky, Animal and Latte were discarded to favour the ones I mentioned. This has happened with every Madonna album out there, you get excellent tracks, good tracks, ok tracks and definitely bad tracks. One thing I admit is that she never lies when she says 'there're gonna be something for everybody' :mama007: