Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

I'll buy the tracks I'll like but as I said, there is NO WAY I'm paying for SEX and Holy Water. As some new songs will be charged on feb 9th (my birthday) I don't want to start the day being older AND charged for songs I despise.

You don't know how they even sound and the rest of songs too.

The album isn't perfect for anyone. Not just because all our favorite songs aren't there, but also because the album isn't a collection of best songs.

People are bitching about HW and S.E.X, but they think BIM is a good or tolerable  song. BIM is noise and trash, but I don't  bitch about the whole album because of that song.

S.E.X and §Holy water ? Is this a joke ? I know she wants to be young but this is too much ! :(

No Borrowed time or Never let you go ?

I really can't think how expensive the Box Super Deluxe will be ! :( :(

I really hope the Fnac bonus track is just a remix...

I'm very disappointed :(

Sexual themes have nothing to do with "trying to be young".

BD and NLYG aren't flawless either.

The album isn't perfect for anyone. Not just because all our favorite songs aren't there, but also because the album isn't a collection of best songs.

People are bitching about HW and S.E.X, but they think BIM is a good or tolerable  song. BIM is noise and trash, but I don't  bitch about the whole album because of that song.

No one cares about what you do. Speak for yourself and stop trying to bring other peoples opinions down.  :)

I am wondering about the names of the 6 extra tracks of the super deluxe edition, I believe they have made three different cd versions because we know the names of the leaked demos and they know that we want them all to be included so they are taking advantage of it to make more money....

well that's too bad, I'm only buying the "best" one. Aka the one with the best tracklisting. A standard edition with 14 tracks like rumoured, is completely ridiculous. How thirsty for sales are they?

Well, do you ? Yet, you don't mind buying the songs without really knowing them first, right ?

As far as I'm concerned, the 'oh my god" gimmick in SEX is really lame, and don't even get me started on Holy water :D

Based on what I've heard, I'm second guessing buying these tracks without knowing what I'll exactly get. If I end up liking them, fin, I'll buy them. If not, I won't, it's as simple as that.

I don't see where I'm unreasonable here, actually. If I buy the album or the tracks, it's for my own enjoyment, yet I'm not impressed with what's been selected, so I'll give it a listen before buying it, that's all. No big deal after all.

As far as I can remember, I never signed any kind of contract that states I HAVE to blindly buy any music she will put out (I never bought anything that had Hey You on it, for an example).

well that's too bad, I'm only buying the "best" one. Aka the one with the best tracklisting. A standard edition with 14 tracks like rumoured, is completely ridiculous. How thirsty for sales are they?

she has signed a contract of 40millions and she must make her money, I am a fan of hers but not a sheep unfortunately they know how much addicted we are to her and they are taking advantage of our weakness....

Well, do you ? Yet, you don't mind buying the songs without really knowing them first, right ?

As far as I'm concerned, the 'oh my god" gimmick in SEX is really lame, and don't even get me started on Holy water :D

Based on what I've heard, I'm second guessing buying these tracks without knowing what I'll exactly get. If I end up liking them, fin, I'll buy them. If not, I won't, it's as simple as that.

I don't see where I'm unreasonable here, actually. If I buy the album or the tracks, it's for my own enjoyment, yet I'm not impressed with what's been selected, so I'll give it a listen before buying it, that's all. No big deal after all.

As far as I can remember, I never signed any kind of contract that states I HAVE to blindly buy any music she will put out (I never bought anything that had Hey You on it, for an example).

Well, I don't know. Maybe I will hate S.E.X and HW as finished versions. Who knows.

There are a lot of songs for different tastes. Madonna isn't the same woman who wants to make conceptual and serious music  works. Now, her albums have serious and silly, mature and vulgar, good or bad songs. Even, the released songs from RH showed that we aren't getting something flawless.

I am not saying you should buy it. That's you choice. It all depends on how you or anyone else buy music. Some people listen to albums before they buy the, the others like to buy them and be surprised.

I don't understand people moaning either. We live in the digital age where it's easy to make your own album. We have an additional 12 tracks. If you don't like what's on the official release its easy as deleting it and replacing it with your fave demo - it's not like these demos are bare bone versions or LQ either. The only thing i was hoping for was that some of the songs on the album would be the tracks that didn't leak (eg Autotune Baby) but there's still another six to go if the rumours are correct....

Am I the only one who's actually excited about what's happening? A new era is here!! We should be focusing on the good things (better than MDNA) and not the bad things (everything Natalia Kills co-wrote)! 

I'm very excited about the era, but yes, I wanted an album that would be a collection of the best songs. she said they were looking for the songs that would work on the most basic level. The album has so many things going on as it is, it's not like there's a strong concept where they would go "oh no we can't include that song it won't fit!!". In fact with a title like Rebel Heart, the Art For Freedom songs make all the sense in the world.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but at the end of the non of us were entitled to those demos, they werent for us but for Madonna and her team. I just feel that certain fans have become spoilt and ungrateful we are not entitled to anything, this is how Madonna wants to present her album lets respect it. If people don't like it fair enough, the one's that do like it then hey lets jump on board with this new era, its going to be amazing.

I'm very excited about the era, but yes, I wanted an album that would be a collection of the best songs. she said they were looking for the songs that would work on the most basic level. The album has so many things going on as it is, it's not like there's a strong concept where they would go "oh no we can't include that song it won't fit!!". In fact with a title like Rebel Heart, the Art For Freedom songs make all the sense in the world.

I understand. I was also expecting the album to have the best songs and/or new songs, but we have to remember that this is the same woman that thought Spanish Lesson is better than Lela Pala Tute and Across The Sky

totally feel the same.

HW and SEX and bitch i'm madonna are 3 songs i totally would not ever think that will be on the album.

out of 30 songs only 3 songs i really disliked like religiously :)

luving addicted / attracted to the dark extremely, too bad it is not on :(

I'm gonna wait and see for the reworked songs, but ... I can't hide my dissapointment. My worst nightmares came true lol.

People are upset about certain songs on this album, but for me- I'm just going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I was unimpressed with 95% of what leaked, and disliked all 5 demos that we got in final form on itunes. And when those were released, I loved all the songs a lot. So even though I cannot stand Holy Water, I trust that it won't be pure shit when we get it. I guess my point is I learned not to judge the demos.

i swear James19709 is not my double account. we just think like literally the same.

Borrowed Time, Revolution, Addicted (The One That Got Away), Nothing Lasts Forever and Never Let Me Go are miles better than Bitch I'm Madonna, Body Shop, Holy Water and S.E.X.