Will Madonna Ever Have A Hit Single Again?

baymad4her

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

madfan13_86

Come to terms with her legacy? In case you haven't noticed, she's putting together her biopic. So she's revisiting her past in her own way, at her own pace and in the way she wants to do it.  Moreover, I think she's actually been flirting with her legacy for a while, just not in a very obvious way (which is her right too). She often likes to reuse her old lyrics (like "Vogue" on "Holy Water", or even "Don't Tell Me" in "Future"), posts old photos on her IG, and I'm pretty sure Madame X is t

Husam Elzien

Honestly, I think her disdain of deeply revisiting her past has now reached a point of backfiring. In the politics of women in music, Madonna managed to maintain relevancy chart wise well past the "expiration" years because she still had killer hits and the appeal to back her up. But there was a shift in her public persona that started during MDNA where some of the things she said or did for shock-value or controversy came across as desperate and/or an attempt to keep up with Katy, Gaga, Beyonce

Mden

https://twitter.com/GodnessMadame marcus @GodnessMadame How to help Madonna’s upcoming 2 new songs to become hits- a thread 10:44 PM · May 31, 2023 · 1. First of all, stream the songs. And I mean as much as you can. Create playlists with both of the songs, but always put 2-3 different tracks in between them so they don’t get filtered out. Play on atleast 25% volume 2. Buy the songs on itunes if you can. Purchase all the versions available. This will boost the song

Posted Images

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

I just checked Bizzarap and his last collab with Shakira was a massive hit, it also currently has over 600 million streams. This could be another hit for M. 

As usual, I've never heard of him, but now doing my homework, he's simply a DJ and music producer with specialty in Latin trap and rap as well as EDM and Reggaeton. 

I supposed whatever they did it's probably mainly a Shakira song with Madonna as a feature.  But I wouldn't mind him producing music for Madonna as a solo artist. 

I can't believe I never heard this #9 US TOP 40 song he did with Shakira.  The name of the song is weird though; BZRP Music Sessions #53

27 minutes ago, tscott said:

As usual, I've never heard of him, but now doing my homework, he's simply a DJ and music producer with specialty in Latin trap and rap as well as EDM and Reggaeton. 

I supposed whatever they did it's probably mainly a Shakira song with Madonna as a feature.  But I wouldn't mind him producing music for Madonna as a solo artist. 

I can't believe I never heard this #9 US TOP 40 song he did with Shakira.  The name of the song is weird though; BZRP Music Sessions #53

All of his songs are titled like that, "sessions", known by their numbers. It's his trademark now.

If Madonna is doing something with him and Shakira is involved too, the potential is HUUUUUGE. Shakira's song with him has been one of the biggest songs (if not The Biggest. Period) this year in Spanish-speaking countries and it even cracked the US Top 10, as you said. It was a phenomenon. And: a great song.

Sounds too good to be true, but it also with The Weeknd and it ended up happening so let's see.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

All of his songs are titled like that, "sessions", known by their numbers. It's his trademark now.

If Madonna is doing something with him and Shakira is involved too, the potential is HUUUUUGE. Shakira's song with him has been one of the biggest songs (if not The Biggest. Period) this year in Spanish-speaking countries and it even cracked the US Top 10, as you said. It was a phenomenon. And: a great song.

Sounds too good to be true, but it also with The Weeknd and it ended up happening so let's see.

You are correct. Shakira is definitely his biggest success across the globe.  When I heard about it, I assumed it just did well on the Latin Charts (which it did), but it also did well (#9) on the top 40 U.S. chart and even better around the world on top 40 charts. 

Then again, can he score twice with Shakira?  It's almost like he's trying to repeat his success and sometimes that backfires. However, Including Madonna does shake things up, but I'm sure if it does well it's more to do with Shakira being the main vocalist than Madonna, kinda like The Weeknd track. 

And yes, I noticed he label all the songs "Sessions" and he brings in these vocalists to sing his songs.  This is why I wouldn't mind Madonna being simply featured as the solo artist on one of his produced tracks. :)

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

WTF is this:

https://twitter.com/insider_nostra1/status/1668812931830620161

New Collaboration: Madonna x Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) x Jeff Lynne (Electric Light Orchestra) x Redfoo (LMFAO)

Madonna this year offering collabs to everyone:

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Seems to be a bit of a Bizarre collab.  Taking this one with a grain of salt. How reliable is this source?

• 6 months later...

Ever since joining LN cemented her chance of getting any hits aside from GMAYL.

There's no QC on her 3 LN albums like the way WB did in the past.

Also, they didn't know how to sell her music product.

Most of her LN-era songs are half baked, it got worse when she rushed out RH album that filled with fillers right after the hacking.

MX album is just another fulfilling-the-contract album and nothing really stood out.

I dunno why she bothers to release 2xCD album for all her LN albums, it made these albums sound very long and boring. 

Honestly, I played less than 10 times for all 3 albums in total (not each).

I couldn't even finish listening to entire RH album till this day and I keep fast forward MX album. :laughing:

This is MY personal opinion.

Please refrain from attacking me.

7 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Most of her LN-era songs are half baked, it got worse when she rushed out RH album that filled with fillers right after the hacking.

MX album is just another fulfilling-the-contract album and nothing really stood out.

I dunno why she bothers to release 2xCD album for all her LN albums, it made these albums sound very long and boring. 

I couldn't even finish listening to entire RH album till this day and I keep fast forward MX album. :laughing:

Everyone have is opinion dear dont  worry....

Personally i love so much madame x and i think M was very brave to make an album so not commercial....

i rise, god control, Medellín , i dont  search i find, ciao bella, looking for mercy , bitch im  loca are amazing songs in my opinion..... @True Blue 84 think the same....

But again dear @LongIslandTea (btw amazing nik) everyone have is taste and opinion.....

Andddddd yes i love rebel heart tooooooo

:Madonna029:

8 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

You aren't alone.

At least Rebel Heart Tour was cute and had some surprises as Secret and Take a Bow.

"Popular" is nearing 500 million streams, so yes, she did score another hit since this thread was made. A solo hit will be significantly harder but the great reception of the song shows anything is possible with the right sound and collaborators. 55-year-old Kylie Minogue recently scored a moderate hit in the U.K with "Padam Padam", so I wouldn't count Madonna out just yet.

47 minutes ago, Karma said:

"Popular" is nearing 500 million streams, so yes, she did score another hit since this thread was made. A solo hit will be significantly harder but the great reception of the song shows anything is possible with the right sound and collaborators. 55-year-old Kylie Minogue recently scored a moderate hit in the U.K with "Padam Padam", so I wouldn't count Madonna out just yet.

There's a difference with Kylie and Madonna in the UK: Everyone loves Kylie, but they don't really like Madonna for some reason, although that seems to be changing, slowly.

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

There's a difference with Kylie and Madonna in the UK: Everyone loves Kylie, but they don't really like Madonna for some reason, although that seems to be changing, slowly.

I mean, all of Madonna's albums are certified in the U.K, even Finally Enough Love, so she still has an audience. I think it comes down to the music, if she delivers another dance pop banger, I think her casual fans will be back on board.