Madonna classics reinvented by others

madgefan

• 2 weeks later...

Puro Instinct does something many acts have done—they've released a Madonna cover. However, how many acts would choose an obscure Bedtime Stories track? 

From the band:

“Inside of Me†is a track off of one of our fave Madonna albums Bedtime Stories, originally composed and produced by Dave Hall, Madonna and Nellee Hooper. This cover version was produced by Sam Mehran & us. 4 the love of it, 4 the fun of it. XO Puro

Check out the band's take on this underrated gem (which seems to have a Nu Shooz bassline)  @

https://soundcloud.com/puroinstinct/inside-of-me-madonna-cover-1

• 4 weeks later...

i don't get why donna and nikki did rain like this...it's everything it shouldn't be.

plus the pathetic pseudo-overly-emotional-spiritual blabber about how they create magic when they sing together. gosh.

...although i would still love it if they showed up during a live performance of rain with madonna, as a surprise.

Not too much to say about most of these except, meh. When most of these follow the same melody and song structure, it defeats the purpose of rerecording someone else song. I might as well listen to Madonna. I'm not sure anyone can really do Vogue justice (although a couple were interesting). To each their own. Some that stood out to me for good reasons and bad. Capital Cities - Holiday: While I like some of their songs, I don't get this group. Two guys who sing in unison, the same parts, no harmonies, no shared lead vocals. It is glorified karaoke and their version of Holiday is no different. 

Vince Kidd from the Voice Uk

Just....NO!  :Madonna037:  :Madonna053:  

You forgot about Iggy Pop, singing ROL and BU theres also a cover made by Britta Phillips & Dean Wareham. They sing I Deserve it.  And I love it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5KPw-w_3E

No! We didn't forget about Iggy Pop :Madonna040:

Read the comments section for Britta Phillips and Dean Wareham  :Madonna055:

A new cool cover of "Physical Attarcation"Fly Moon Royalty feat Taryn Dorsey

I love everything about this!!!  :Madonna057:

Causing a commotion by team mate:

Here is their studio version and it I love how it sounds so fresh. I doubt many even know it is a Madonna cover :Madonna016: https://youtu.be/HK-LFsFfZkU 

Future Ted - Hollywood

Starts out normal, but they really made it their own. :Madonna036:  

LuieLand - Crazy For You & Rain mashup

Even though not a departure from the original, really cute and I love the mashup :Madonna042:  

Discovered today!

I remember hearing this a couple years ago on the Mindy Project. Really cool. :Madonna005:   

i don't get why donna and nikki did rain like this...it's everything it shouldn't be.plus the pathetic pseudo-overly-emotional-spiritual blabber about how they create magic when they sing together. gosh. ...although i would still love it if they showed up during a live performance of rain with madonna, as a surprise.

I love their cover (more so the remix)  :Madonna019: . They could have just done the normal version, but that would have been too boring.

Read the comments section for Britta Phillips and Dean Wareham 

Okay, so apparently Britta Phillips and Dean Wareham didn't like the comment someone left or my response to it, so they deleted both comments. Loser-ish move on their part. I'll paraphrase:

Someone left a comment that said something to the effect of "Wow! This is such a great song. After hearing this, I need to re-evaluate my songwriting abilities" to which I replied "This is an interesting cover, but if you need to re-evaluate your songwriting, then you need to listen to more Madonna" and then explained where he could find the original version of the song.

So, I guess Britta Phillips and Dean Wareham don't want people to know this is a cover and possibly trying to pass this off as their own. Bee-T-Dubs: When I said it is an interesting cover, It was just a really nice way of saying it sucks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...