Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

41 minutes ago, adirondak said:

The second Madonna makes another dancefloor album they'll all come back. 

Weird to dump Madonna over anyone.  She'll always be my #1, but I always make room for other artists.  Life would be boring to just fangirl over just one artist all the time. 

25 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Weird to dump Madonna over anyone.  She'll always be my #1, but I always make room for other artists.  Life would be boring to just fangirl over just one artist all the time. 

Agreed. I don’t listen to a ton of other pop artists though. Madonna has just enough indie sensibility that she was able to fit into my tastes, but not too many other pop singers have that. 

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

Agreed. I don’t listen to a ton of other pop artists though. Madonna has just enough indie sensibility that she was able to fit into my tastes, but not too many other pop singers have that. 

Yeah, when I mentioned I have room for other artists, I meant of all different genres of music, including pop artists.  I don't make it a competition like some try to do. Madonna will always be top dog for me, but there will be days that I will enjoy other artists just as much if more.  It doesn't mean I'll ever toss Madonna aside, just because she isn't producing anything new or astounding at the moment.  After all, she's done enough of that in the past 40 plus years. 

1 hour ago, cyberrage said:

Celebration is a very lazy title, lets see what they do with it but feels very 2009 redundant.

Not "lazy" at all. It's obvious where she and Warner left off.  It represents a lot, specifically a "celebration" of her career.  It's also very simple and people can easily relate to it.  Many of her biggest hits, especially earlier songs, are very celebratory and that's what a lot of people enjoyed about her songs.  It's a perfect name for a tour which is supposed to "celebrate" her 40 years in the business. 

15 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Not "lazy" at all. It's obvious where she and Warner left off.  It represents a lot, specifically a "celebration" of her career.  It's also very simple and people can easily relate to it.  Many of her biggest hits, especially earlier songs, are very celebratory and that's what a lot of people enjoyed about her songs.  It's a perfect name for a tour which is supposed to "celebrate" her 40 years in the business. 

Nah, it's kinda lazy. She celebrated 10 years ago when Celebration came out. 

7 minutes ago, Winn said:

LOL!  There's nothing "lazy" about the tour being named "Celebration".  Back when she released the compilation, there really wasn't much effort to promote it.  She didn't tour on it.  It hardly got the recognition it deserved, and I'm glad she's using that title and hope she re-issues the compilation.

12 minutes ago, Winn said:

Don't know if I'd say "lazy". I understand the concept and reasoning behind the name choice but it is rather un-creative to name a 2023 tour after a song / greatest hits collection that came out in 2009.

I'm not really sure what else you would call it though that's catchy and not cheesy. I asked AI to come up with names and all it could think of was The Icon Tour, The Queen of Pop Tour, The Material Girl Tour, The Material World Tour, and a ton of really bad ones.

In the end, I guess the only viable choice is The Celebration Tour

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

LOL!  There's nothing "lazy" about the tour being named "Celebration".  Back when she released the compilation, there really wasn't much effort to promote it.  She didn't tour on it.  It hardly got the recognition it deserved, and I'm glad she's using that title and hope she re-issues the compilation.

It was a lazy name for a compilation too :laughing:

5 minutes ago, scallywally said:

She wasnt resurrected when they announced the tour so why call it that?  

Only thing I dont understand about it is the wobbly O in it?? Is it supposed to be a wristband?  I need to know. lol. 

That's why The Prophecy Tour is perfect, fulfilling her destiny with the required name play on being fucking Madonna.

And if we are talking lazy, enter into evidence this crime against fashion

image.png.28055431574f628dcb5ce29860f03665.png