Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

15 hours ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

I was there. I did look back at Andy at times. If he was singing along, he wasnt singing along to American Life. Didn't know any of the non single tracks. And he says he rushed to the stage? It was all pre planned. I saw Madonnas staff give him the cash and tell him what to do. 

That's just sad! 

1 hour ago, mirtillo said:

what is the name of the song that is also heard at the beginning of the batuka video?

It's a kind of prayer.

Maria, Mae De Jesus. In fact I think IT'S a church song...?

At the time I still went to church, almost 25 years ago, so in another geological era, I remember a song with the same music was sung even here in Italy... 

Is it just me or are the few official photos released kind of.....bad? I'm not in any way saying the tour or the staging looks bad, it's just that the pictures are like real shitty and don't do the show justice. I was expecting some fierce photographs given how they're in total control over the images released this time around. 

Yeah I agree, either give us some nice HQ beautiful official photos to look at that actually do the show justice or nothing at all. What is that bad quality mess? it looks to me like they weren't even allowed to snap some good photos and they just did it in a hurry with a shitty phone camera.

38 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

Yeah I agree, either give us some nice HQ beautiful official photos to look at that actually do the show justice or nothing at all. What is that bad quality mess? it looks to me like they weren't even allowed to snap some good photos and they just did it in a hurry with a shitty phone camera.

I thought the same. They look like iPhone pics. 

21 hours ago, The Ghost said:

What's with these Citi Card nights?  what's special about them..  Seems unfair that these nice merchandise items are only available at these nights.   I could understand if they were doing day shirts for each night but it appears they aren't.  

I'm in the UK so I have no chance of getting any of these it seems.   Is it basically if you have a Citi Card then you could have got tickets for these shows?   

Doesn't make much sense and just wrong?  I'm guessing these item's won't end up going online either..

That's the whole point, it's supposed to be one of the 'see what happens when you're a Citi Card member' benefit. I think they opened up to general sale since they probably knew they wouldn't sell them all to members. I read before when they booked P!nk in February it was only Citi members.

On 9/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, Enrico said:

We only have one recording, but believe me, it's basically prerecorded. It sounds like live, because there are some new vocals, but she just sings tiny bits... When she sings live you can hear her breathe more evidently, and she tends to go out of tune, see Eurovision. For instance, Dark ballet was live, part of Crazy, LAP with the solo, the verse and the end of I rise, and of course the fado songs and the acappella. But I need to listen again.

It's sad that with such great musicians and vocalists and even a full choir she decided to rely so heavily on backing tracks. Come alive could have been much more powerful!! She's been teasing us for months on IG with live musical snippets - the strings, the trumpet, the percussions, the grand piano - and then we rarely get them on stage. 

I keep asking myself what is the reason. This time I thought it would be different. Money? Laziness? Possible sound problems? Scarce interest in music (like her fan didn't notice?)? Insecurity? This is really  her Achilles' heel... And she's been spending two years listening and praising those great musicians...

I also wonder the same thing. She didn't want to do anything technological to pay more attention to her own music, but uses pre-recorded base on all songs. What's the point? We all know that Madonna no longer has her vocal range from the Girlie Show era, but then makes up for it in visual presentations and elaborate choreography.

42 minutes ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

I also wonder the same thing. She didn't want to do anything technological to pay more attention to her own music, but uses pre-recorded base on all songs. What's the point? We all know that Madonna no longer has her vocal range from the Girlie Show era, but then makes up for it in visual presentations and elaborate choreography.

The musicians are playing live, you can hear in the recording of opening night the piano solo in dark ballet, wrong notes are played. Also, her instagram story yesterday showed that behind the stage is a dedicated musicians area with a sign that clearly read "No talking, Live Mics". The grand piano is there with the cello player and synthesizers and other stuff. 

ill upload the video in a second so you all can see...

EDIT:

grrrrrrr.... I didn't save it. Aren't there instagram accounts solely dedicated to preserving her stories??

EDIT: 

Here ya go...

2138688779555568884.mp4

2138688800434733934.mp4

I saw that post.

Too bad that every time she films the musicians backstage they are always playing different music, never her songs!

The fact that very often you hear the EXACT album sounds lays against real music. If you think about previous tours like Girlie Show, sounds can be similar but not identical. But of course there are also many moments when you hear the live guitars and percussions.

We need a string expert to judge if the sound we hear in God Control, Dark Ballet, Frozen can be made by a string trio only. It sounds like a full string section. Francesca Dardani is Italian and has sometimes liked my comments, but I bet she wouldn't answer such a question!

5 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I saw that post.

Too bad that every time she films the musicians backstage they are always playing different music, never her songs!

The fact that very often you hear the EXACT album sounds lays against real music. If you think about previous tours like Girlie Show, sounds can be similar but not identical. But of course there are also many moments when you hear the live guitars and percussions.

We need a string expert to judge if the sound we hear in God Control, Dark Ballet, Frozen can be made by a string trio only. It sounds like a full string section. Francesca Dardani is Italian and has sometimes liked my comments, but I bet she wouldn't answer such a question!

I mean I think its a mixture of both. God Control is pure playback Im sure. The strings in the verse of Dark Ballet are probably live while the classical part is definitely not. The piano is all live. Frozen is probably a mix. Her players playing over top of  recording (or a string synth played live) to have that big full sound. The string solo in the middle sounds live. Not to mention added guitars. I would also assume that the reason the kick drum or bass is played almost until the end of the song is for the sole purpose of helping the live strings keep time.

Vogue backup singers sound mostly all live. 

I think if we had a better recording you could hear the difference. 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic